Mods

Frogger

Mods

Postby Frogger » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:40 am

Hello superheroes!
Will they be adding mods to this game. For example a DPS meter. I'm not fond of them or any other mod. But I thought I would ask.
Thanks

GladDog

Re: Mods

Postby GladDog » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:09 am

There will be a lot of tools available to the players, but I do not think the team is going to allow player-made mods. If someone has an idea for a mod, they should send a link to the code to me or Golden Ace, and we will get it to the appropriate person.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Odee

Postby Odee » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:22 am

There will be a lot of tools available to the players, but I do not think the team is going to allow player-made mods. If someone has an idea for a mod, they should send a link to the code to me or Golden Ace, and we will get it to the appropriate person.
Pretty sure Golden Ace will agree with you, and eve myself, GladDog. SoH devs are making Tools for our use. They will add to these tools as needs arise, if they benefit the gameplay experience.

I am absolutely against 2nd and 3rd party modding of MMOs. Opens up far too many doors to exploit them.
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:24 am

I concur with GladDog. if you have an idea for a mod you would like to be added to the game send it to us, and we will make sure it get to the right people. that being said it is not a guarantee the mod will be accepted. or if it is it might not be exactly what you wanted.

So far Consultant is not budging on my suggestion to allow players in Golden Armor a 50% stat boost. (well it was 500% but I've been lowering it over the years - Eventually I'll wear him down)...
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:21 am

So far Consultant is not budging on my suggestion to allow players in Golden Armor a 50% stat boost. (well it was 500% but I've been lowering it over the years - Eventually I'll wear him down)...
Presumably it would also need a 5000% speed degradation to account for the weight of all that gold :shock:
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:31 am

That brings me back to the good ole days of Tele-Tanking!

olepi

Postby olepi » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:03 am

ESO doesn't have mods, they have "addons". These are bits of code, typically for the UI, that do things the game should have done at the beginning. They don't change gameplay, they just make some information available to the user in a better way.

For example, inventory management. ESO has lousy inventory management. They rely on user generated "addons" to have sorting functions, searching functions, etc. Every time a new patch comes out, your "addons" have a change of going out of date.

I'm hoping SoH doesn't do this.
2019: 42 years on the Net.

Apparition

Postby Apparition » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:44 am

I am strongly against anything resembling DPS meters and avoid MMOGs that allow such things, so please no. They're nice tools, but it just brings too many jerks to the yard.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:06 pm

I am strongly against anything resembling DPS meters and avoid MMOGs that allow such things, so please no. They're nice tools, but it just brings too many jerks to the yard.
Correct there is more to it than just DPS. You can’t do the DPS unless you have a tank there keeping agro Or controler to hold down to mobs defender to heal, shield or debuf

Frogger

Postby Frogger » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:25 pm

Thanks folks for the feedback.
Can't wait for this game to launch.

Return to “General Discussion”