Another end-game content idea -- Ship Officers

olepi

Another end-game content idea -- Ship Officers

Postby olepi » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:58 am

I decided not to confuse the other end-game thread with a different idea.

Becoming a Ship's Officer
After you reach level cap, you can begin to work towards becoming an Officer of the Ship. This would include running mission arcs based on the section of the ship involved. Let's say ... power generation. If you can run the missions needed, you could become an Officer in the Power Station of the ship. This grants extra bonuses. For example, you get +power-regen if you are an Officer of the Power Station.

Managing a Ship Section
After enough people in a SuperGroup become Officers for a ship section, like power generation, they have a chance to "own" or "manage" that ship section. This provides special materials, components, or temporary powers as long as your group manages that section. For example, managing the power generation section might give everyone in the SuperGroup +power-regen or something. It also might provide extras, like augments, buffs, healing, or even XP bonuses to help the lower level people in the SG level up.

SuperGroup Competitions
Your SG might manage the power station, but what if another SG also has officers and wants to manage it? Although there is no PvP, maybe some kind of competition could be set up. Maybe a timed set of missions, whoever does it faster/better/cleaner wins. Or make it a collection effort: whoever gets more badges in a time frame wins. Or just set a timer on managing a ship section, and after your time is up, management of that section becomes open again.

Diplomacy
Like the Diplomacy system in Vanguard, maybe we could collect tips, contacts, etc, to build up faction with a ship section. Do favors for the power station crew. Find out embarrassing info on a competing SG, making it harder for them to hold on to managing that section. Dig up clues that help you become an Officer.

Summary
Rather than just more and bigger shoot-em-up missions for the endgame, I'd like to see some meta layers on top of it.
2019: 42 years on the Net.

GladDog

Re: Another end-game content idea -- Ship Officers

Postby GladDog » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:13 am

All very good ideas IMO. This would something for a later level cap. The initial level cap will be somewhere between 20 & 30 (I am expecting 25); this may be a good idea for when the level cap gets to the 40-50 range.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

olepi

Postby olepi » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:10 pm

Thinking some more about the Officer idea.

We could have different levels of Officer: Lt, Major, Colonel, General, etc. Each one bestows more bonuses, and Officers bring bonuses to whoever is on their team at the moment. Officers of a ship section, like the power station, could bring bonuses whenever a power station mission is underway.

I would also give Officers the ability to mentor lower level players, beyond just the regular side-kick. A General for example might be able to mentor several people at once. Imagine a team of low level players being led by a Major of the Power Station, running a power station rescue mission.

I know we aren't going to have new types like the Peacebringer and Warshade. but maybe Officers could be the end-game super-super heroes :)
2019: 42 years on the Net.

mjplb

Postby mjplb » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:06 pm

I really like this idea, it would bring about a direct influence of the flow of progress for the ship itself and be player driven! Imagine an ability as a general to open certain raids/area that become dynamic for a week so everyone could enjoy it, but only able to be deployed by said general, making the players into the quest givers...
“So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.” Christopher Reeve

Cheesy

Postby Cheesy » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:58 am

Great ideas there! :D , I'm "onboard" with all of them.
Unoriginal since 2005 (coh issue 5)...

Cheesy from Defiant.

Odee

Postby Odee » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:14 am

Heck yeahs! Might even have a rank system in there for most played Architect Missions, or something?
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Inkaris

Postby Inkaris » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:59 am

Very interesting! 8-)

Return to “General Discussion”