SOH Endgame content (idea)

Gerald_Deemer

SOH Endgame content (idea)

Postby Gerald_Deemer » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:42 pm

Searched the forums for an endgame thread but could not find one so...

I think it´s a good idea to have endgame content split up in several "missions" with different playstyle. I come up with this idea for endgame content because I would like to see SOH doing some things different than other MMOs.

1. Building a base
Every hero reaching the level cap should try to build a base or joining a group doing so. The base should be your starting point for endgame missions.

2. Building a teleporter
On your way from level 1 to 50 (or other level cap) you should find parts which can be used to build a teleporting station. These parts can drop in a rare rate and heroes should get the chance to catch teleporter parts in different events like christmas, anniversary, easter and so on. Additionally supergroups should be able to grind these parts in a 10 wave survival battle for level 50 heroes as a team mission. The teleporter can only be built up in a supergroup base. A teleporter should consist out of 30 to 40 different parts.

3. Endgame missions
If the teleporter is ready you should be able to do more missions by teleporting to other planets or even dimensions. Of course as team mission.
There you should find rare goodies. The common stuff.

4. More teleporter parts?
Right! If you and your group are grinding more teleporter parts you can built a second one. If you have all the parts for a 2nd teleporting station you can combine them (both teleporters) and build an even better teleporting station (phase 2 teleporting station) which gives you access to more difficult team missions. But also the loot should be even more attractive.

5. Teleporter phase 3
Yep. If you manage to grind or find more teleporter parts to build a 3rd station you can combine it and recieve a high end super teleporting station which gives you access to super secret places, planets, dimensions what ever. Of course the missions are legendary difficulty. And here you shold be able to find really REALLY nice loot like character slots, tons of unobtainium, costume slots, rare costume parts and stuff like that.

I think of it as a really long term endgame activity. Players should NOT be able to reach teleporter phase 3 in 10 hours. This must be something the hole supergroup has to work on for lots of hours. Something you really have to earn as a team.
I know some of the solo players will cry but hey, this is a MMO RPG right?
What do poeple think about that?
A game’s graphics are meant to appeal. A game’s mechanics are meant to make you feel amazing or challenged. A game’s sound effects are supposed to add life. But a good game’s UI is meant to disappear!

Phantom Mouse

Re: SOH Endgame content (idea)

Postby Phantom Mouse » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:39 pm

I can't remember how CoH did the teleporters, but you could make them for zones while leveling up. I think that's the best way, so you can use your group base as a bus terminal of sorts.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:43 pm

I can't remember how CoH did the teleporters, but you could make them for zones while leveling up. I think that's the best way, so you can use your group base as a bus terminal of sorts.
you had to gather all the location badges in a zone to make a teleporter for that zone.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Gerald_Deemer

Postby Gerald_Deemer » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:19 am

Yeah, just copy COH. It was perfect.
A game’s graphics are meant to appeal. A game’s mechanics are meant to make you feel amazing or challenged. A game’s sound effects are supposed to add life. But a good game’s UI is meant to disappear!

Return to “General Discussion”