Enhancement creations? combo's?

Supertwad

Enhancement creations? combo's?

Postby Supertwad » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:30 pm

Like coh but maybe better, coh hand enhancement slots and inspiration slots . i as a very massive fan of coh like the look of soh but i fear alot of mmorpgs are more of the crafting this and that and it all is around the same sort of thing but i found that in coh with the crafting of a deep enhancement set with it's designated roll was easy to pick up and yet easy to adapt with and in pvp with inspirations and a set of enhancesments set for each power it added a very unique aspect on the pve and pvp side of things. if you are already doing this great success
if not then i will be in hope that is it not just another craft the top gear and thats that sort of mmorpg.

GladDog

Re: Enhancement creations? combo's?

Postby GladDog » Sat Apr 13, 2019 4:29 pm

The exact details of the augment system are still up in the air. The dev team is working on a video that will go over some aspects of the augment system - This should be included with the super speed video, which should be very soon!

Consultant has said that we should be able to craft just about all of the best augments, although some may be rare drops. All but a very few will be sellable on the auction house once it is in the game. They want the auction house in the game at release, but they want a lot of other things too. We shall see! Keep in mind this dev team does not promise something unless they are SURE they will have it in the game at release.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Ridgeman

Postby Ridgeman » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:56 pm

I still believe that the way it was done in CoH is the way to go - no (traditional) loot drops, no gear to worry about slotting - only enhancements that were slotted directly into the powers. I like the way that it gives the player the ability to customize their powers to their taste. More range? Sure. Want more damage? You can do that, too. How about a faster recharge time? There you go. And then with the advent of sets, it made it all pretty fun trying to figure out how to optimize your enhancement sets to get specific bonuses. They saved my Elec/Energy Aura brute from dying... and dying, and dying some more. I know this game isn't supposed to be a City of Heroes clone, but there are some really good things from CoH that could at least be "heavily borrowed".

POSSUMNUTS

Postby POSSUMNUTS » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:03 pm

I know this game isn't supposed to be a City of Heroes clone, but there are some really good things from CoH that could at least be "heavily borrowed".
Exactly! There is no need to reinvent the wheel. Just rename it a “tire”

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:48 am

Enhancements were at the heart and soul of CoH. If NCsoft is paying attention to the successor projects (and I most definitely think they are), then the similar system in these games needs to be different. I've suggested a method that should work, but who knows if they choose that system? Ultimately, I am pretty sure the dev team wants to stay as close to the CoH system as they legally can.

Ridgeman

Postby Ridgeman » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:56 pm

Ultimately, I am pretty sure the dev team wants to stay as close to the CoH system as they legally can.
Well, is there any idea of "how close is too close"? What might be acceptable? I know that a few other games deal with gear in the traditional way: gear with stats that you stick on part of your body as "armor" or "weapons", etc. I know that the CoH enhancement system was an outlier, but does that mean that no other game can have anything similar? What would make CoH so special, yet all these other games (DCUO, WoW, Champions Online, Neverwinter - to name a few) have super similar systems in place with no lawsuits? Granted, I really don't play many online games - so others will have a much better handle on this than I will, but it seems like we may be worrying about it a little more than is warranted. Again, I'm no expert - so please feel free to correct me.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:48 am

The system in DCUO is gear + alternate leveling based on your weapon - and everyone has a weapon. The system in CO is improved versions of powers + global enhancements - one enhancement affects all of your powers, and the most you get of those is 3. WoW is strictly gear based. I've played them all extensively, and none of them use anything like the CoH enhancement system.

NCsoft has never had a competitor that used the enhancement type system used by CoH, so we have no idea how they would react if one of the successors uses such a system. One lawsuit would put any of these successors in deep trouble, so avoiding a lawsuit is a priority for all of them.

Return to “General Discussion”