Controllers?

Kamarhi

Controllers?

Postby Kamarhi » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:19 pm

So in COH one of my characters was a fire/fire Controller. Loved being able to control an enemy and then let my fire imps go to work. Is there something that would be like this in SOH?

Dying Breath

Re: Controllers?

Postby Dying Breath » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:37 am

As of the last round of debating: Controllers are planned, and due to public demand I believe they have been moved up the priority chart but are not promised for release - not ruled out entirely, but the team is unwilling to promise when they aren't certain they can deliver. I am unsure where we stand regarding pets, but I think people are starting to lean away from controllers having pets in favor of more direct damage and utility for a smoother leveling experience. Commanders will be the pet class but are very unlikely to be in the game at launch.

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:57 am

That assessment is pretty much right. We're working on controllers and have a first powerset designed, but now we are refining the animations.

We were thinking that pets would be a difficult thing to control, and we may have found some good ideas we can implement, but pets will have to wait a bit, both for controllers and commanders. Still, we're thinking it will be too long after our Beta that we can show something good with pets. :)

Ronnieman

Postby Ronnieman » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:22 pm

This is great news! i like playing multiple AT's, but nothing has my heart like a controller. I'd happily give up the pets for the ability to solo.

Ridgeman

Postby Ridgeman » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:58 pm

Part of the draw for me, when playing controllers, (aside from being able to lock everything down) was that they were difficult to level up solo. Call me a masochist, but it took some real patience - especially with my Ice/FF controller. Getting a pet at the higher levels was almost like a reward, "You've worked hard so here - have a nice pet." Hopefully 'trollers are still light on the damage, heavy on the CC and don't end up becoming the mages of SoH.

Kamarhi

Postby Kamarhi » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:19 pm

Completely ok if they are not there on launch. I am just really excited to play this game!!

King Aries

Postby King Aries » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:33 pm

please! can we please get a water controller or some sort of water powerset.... :D :D

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:09 pm

please! can we please get a water controller or some sort of water powerset.... :D :D
What was that spiderman villian? Hydroman? in any case would love to do some of those things.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

King Aries

Postby King Aries » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:13 pm

What was that spiderman villian? Hydroman? in any case would love to do some of those things.
yes! it doesnt matter which set gets it i just always wanted to play a water type hero/villain

Return to “General Discussion”