What was something you wanted to do in CoH but never got the chance?

brando81373

Re: What was something you wanted to do in CoH but never got the chance?

Postby brando81373 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:58 am

I never got my toons incarnated, just was too busy when this content came out and most of my friends had left the game. Also never went on a hamidon raid, was too fearful of the lag on my computer at the time! Mostly just regret not being able to fly around paragon one last time. Can't wait to board the FHS Justice!

Karmanik

Postby Karmanik » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:40 pm

I regret never getting any toons to level 50 with Trick Arrow, Dark Armor, Spines, Plant Control, and Radiation Emission power sets.

I also wish I got to compete on the test server pvp. I had the habit of creating characters that while thematically fun, mostly ended up being gimp
in hardcore pvp. Some test servers matches are still floating around on Youtube and they looked like a lot of fun.

Blaze Rocker

Postby Blaze Rocker » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:55 am

Since this thread started I've been struggling to think of something that I wanted to do but never did in CoH, but it seems that I had done everything of any importance that I wanted to do. There is one thing that always irritated me though and it's really a minor thing, but the obviousness of it and the seeming cluelessness of the developers has caused it to eat away at me for many years as I just can't seem to let it go.

Shoulder Dressing

At some point in the game's midlife a little stuffed panda and kitten (or real animals if you really wanted to RP that far) were introduced as shoulder dressing in the costume creator. Though interesting ideas, and certainly original to me, neither was anything I ever expected or wanted for any of my characters.
When it came to animals as shoulder dressing I only ever though of two things: a parrot or other type of bird and a boa or some other type of serpent. The parrot fit a pirate theme perfectly and a boa constrictor worked well with a beast master Master Mind or many other potential builds. The bird and snake shoulder dressing seemed to be the obvious choices to build and include in the costume creator, but they were never to be.
How they could have been overlooked for all those years will forever remain a mystery. I just hope that the devs working on SoH don't miss something so obvious while adding things to the CCT.
How many people telling the same lie does it take for that lie to become true?

Styrj

Postby Styrj » Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:19 am

I played CoX from just after I1 went live (my son introduced me to this new superhero game) to shut down, and I always wanted to do a TF solo.

If you accepted the TF, it seemed to me that the devs could have provided you an option to do the TF via team or solo. If via team, you would progress through the TF as you normally would. If via solo the NPC giver of the TF would provide a number of assistant NPC heroes (maybe 2 thru 6 or whatever number was appropriate for that TF) and you would run through the TF with those NPC heroes (leveled to your level) as you normally would.

This has always been something I thought the devs could have figured out how to implement to make solo TFs a viable option for the die-hard soloer.

Just my 2 cents & food for thought.
:D If it ain't broke, don't fix it! :D

Dying Breath

Postby Dying Breath » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:41 pm

I played CoX from just after I1 went live (my son introduced me to this new superhero game) to shut down, and I always wanted to do a TF solo.

If you accepted the TF, it seemed to me that the devs could have provided you an option to do the TF via team or solo. If via team, you would progress through the TF as you normally would. If via solo the NPC giver of the TF would provide a number of assistant NPC heroes (maybe 2 thru 6 or whatever number was appropriate for that TF) and you would run through the TF with those NPC heroes (leveled to your level) as you normally would.

This has always been something I thought the devs could have figured out how to implement to make solo TFs a viable option for the die-hard soloer.

As a fellow solo-ist (not exclusively, but primarily) I support the idea of a mechanic to allow solo TF runs. However, I do not want any NPC helpers, or lowering of the difficulty. Solo play should be enabled, it should not be encouraged.

Sinistar

Postby Sinistar » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:28 am

Yes such an option would have been great. Or else select to solo it but the mobs still spawn at the amount for the minimum team size required to launch the TF/SF

Binder of Beasts was minimum of 4 as I recall so mobs would still spawn for a team of 4.

LGTF was a full team of 8 so a solo player would face mobs for a team of 8......now about that defense cap....

The only way to solo any of them was to have a character that was defense capped while still in the level range of the TF/SF and getting some buddies to pad the team for launch then they quit the team

Eldryth

Postby Eldryth » Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:31 pm

Far too much. I was pretty casual and rerolled a lot so I never got all that far. Didn't even group up all that much, and the only TF I ever did was Positron. Read up on a lot of the later stuff after the shutdown and really regret missing it. Will definitely check out the new server if it works out to see what I missed, but either way... I'll definitely make a point to be more active in SoN so I don't miss out again

Gerald_Deemer

Postby Gerald_Deemer » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:20 am

I wish I could have had fun with COH...
A game’s graphics are meant to appeal. A game’s mechanics are meant to make you feel amazing or challenged. A game’s sound effects are supposed to add life. But a good game’s UI is meant to disappear!

Return to “General Discussion”