What was something you wanted to do in CoH but never got the chance?

Sinistar

What was something you wanted to do in CoH but never got the chance?

Postby Sinistar » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:26 am

Either due to time constraints, life issues or the shut down of course.

But what did you want to do in game that you never got a chance to do?

For me there were two things:

1. Bring down a Rikti ship during a Rikti Zone Raid.

2. Solo the Hamidon, either in Mission 4 of the LGTF, or else the real Hamidon in the zone.

I had several powerful characters, but by the time I had thought of trying bring down a Rikti ship which I know has been done, it was too late.

Efforts to solo the Hamidon with the character I wanted to do it with in the LGTF were always hampered by either time constraints from RL or else the Green Mitos.

If only they hadn't changed/fixed it where wormhole and TP FOE could no longer warp the mitos out of the Hami Goo.....

gemini

Re: What was something you wanted to do in CoH but never got the chance?

Postby gemini » Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:48 am

Before IOs - I wanted to fill out my entire enhancement manifest with Hamidon Enhancements on my main character. I had a few but never really got serious about it :lol: even though I played quite a bit.

After ED and IOs came out I was a much more casual player, so I never took the time to make an OPTIMAL set of IOs, just kinda threw together whatever I had/could find. I didn't have a lot of influence either, because since I had been max level for so long I had a habit of giving away influence to new players 100k at a time. Before the AH, I had never kept more than 1 or 2 million on hand at any one time.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:20 am

I had a character completely HO'd except where it did not really matter, such as health and hurdle, and those had level 53 SOs.

I really wanted to get more characters completely incarnated. I only had one completely done, and I only had one other beyond the alpha slot. I really wanted to finish my Darkety Dark Dark Scrapper! I always thought that Gladness would have been an incredible character with all of her incarnate slots done.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:32 am

Kind of wanted to take Ace over to the villains side collecting all the badges along the way.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Ridgeman

Postby Ridgeman » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:14 pm

I always wanted to build a good MA story arc, but never got around to it. A friend of mine is a fantastic writer, and he did it... so it made me kinda jealous.

I also wanted to finish out at least a couple of toons with sets/HOs, but I had so many alts that I never got around to finishing any. I got pretty close, but never all the way there. I really did like the crafted sets and their bonuses... it kind of made up for the whole ED debacle and how it was handled.

POSSUMNUTS

Postby POSSUMNUTS » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:32 pm

Play every free moment of my life

Parabola

Postby Parabola » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:29 am

Take more characters to 50 and experience more of the late game. I tended to be a bit tired of a character by the time they got to a high level so they often ended up gathering dust. Also i was forever rerolling my favourite concepts trying out different powersets or even archtypes. Ironically a couple of my most loved characters were among the lowest level ones i had at the close of the game because of this.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:32 am

Take more characters to 50 and experience more of the late game. I tended to be a bit tired of a character by the time they got to a high level so they often ended up gathering dust. Also i was forever rerolling my favourite concepts trying out different powersets or even archtypes. Ironically a couple of my most loved characters were among the lowest level ones i had at the close of the game because of this.
I can identify with this. I had 12 level caps, about 15 characters in their 40s and about 30 in the 30s. What I found was that I liked playing certain types of characters more than others, and I definitely had favorite powersets. It is no surprise to me that about a third of the 57 characters I had at least into the thirties were tanks. About half of what was left were either Scrappers or Defenders. Bottom line; if I decided a character concept was even mildly not to my taste, I quit playing them.

I did not really care to play villains, and the few I did play I mostly turned into heroes. Most telling was how many invul and dark characters I had. I level capped two D/D/D scrappers and was working on a third when the game closed. I also had a D/D Hero Brute that was going to join the D/D/D club. I had 2 level capped invul tanks. I had almost as many hours into playing GladStrike, my Invul/ SS Tank, as all of my other characters put together, well over 3000 hours. GladStrike was also the only character I fully incarnated. Can you tell what characters types I liked playing :)
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Kelvinkole

Postby Kelvinkole » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:24 pm

This is a tough question. I think I mostly had a good run in CoX and did nearly all of the things I had wanted to. There were some things that I always hoped for that never really came to fruition, like base raids, but personally I think I did okay.

I guess I wish I spent more time on my first character ever, an Energy Melee/Energy Aura Brute. I had no idea how to build him when I created him and eventually sacrificed him to make space. But Energy Aura got some nice buffs a few issues later and I think he could have been something special.

Sinistar

Postby Sinistar » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:38 am

This is a tough question. I think I mostly had a good run in CoX and did nearly all of the things I had wanted to. There were some things that I always hoped for that never really came to fruition, like base raids, but personally I think I did okay.

I guess I wish I spent more time on my first character ever, an Energy Melee/Energy Aura Brute. I had no idea how to build him when I created him and eventually sacrificed him to make space. But Energy Aura got some nice buffs a few issues later and I think he could have been something special.
I think my 10th character was energy melee/energy armor brute as I recall. I stopped him at L20 because I wasn't taking a shine to energy armor. Then came mids hero planner and later the changes to the armor set....and all was well.....

...except for the change to Energy Melee's Energy Transfer L32 attack power. I was able to adapt to that change but I sure didn't like it.

Here's hoping SEGS either restores its original version of that power or else gives server admins the ability to add it back in as a power customization option.

Odee

Postby Odee » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:19 pm

I only got to take 1 of my 5 mains from Villain-to-Hero and back again. A 2nd one made it to Villain, and halfway back, and none of my heroes made the transition :'( :(
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Gamegod

Postby Gamegod » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:03 pm

I never got to build a really good story oriented mission in the architect system. I always seemed to make farming missions would have liked to stretch my creative muscles.
Never say too much; always say enough. :roll:

Sinistar

Postby Sinistar » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:32 am

I never got to build a really good story oriented mission in the architect system. I always seemed to make farming missions would have liked to stretch my creative muscles.
I tried to make replicas of the task/strike forces for people to run the MA with so that they could practice for the real thing.

Wasn't easy, and 100% replication didn't seem to be possible, but I did have a pretty good facsimile of the Binder of Beasts SF and the Recluse Strike Force.

Crimson

Postby Crimson » Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:34 am

Go back in time to Lord Recluse. I wanted to finish that mission but most of the time I was just too low level and not invested enough because of school. I had a lot of fun and focused on the main parts of the story line and didn't end up getting to do things I now wish I did.

I would give anything to use a Mastermind again, I regret not getting my mastermind to max level, he was honestly my favorite villain to play.

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:52 am

I played my villians up redside, and then switched them over. What I found personally is that the villain archetypes were "better" for my style of play than the heroes, so I would start over there and then switch after I had run thorugh the story.

I also made a couple goldside in the same manner.

I never did a Doctor Q run. Eight hours! It was beyond me to get that much time organized at once.

Return to “General Discussion”