Sidekicks

Stagendo

Sidekicks

Postby Stagendo » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:58 pm

Hi guys so i was just thinking when reading about always wanting to have a team ready to join when you come online in say a supergroup, and I got the idea that we could perhaps have actual sidekicks or trainee's that we could potentially use for certain activities such as patrolling around the city or some missions. However they would not be able to be used for say a raid on a alien spaceship/station using the premise that they would stay behind to help with the rescue efforts after a raid on the ship. Perhaps they could even have power set's that we as players have access to but only to a certain level so they would not become as powerful say as a level 50 but could maybe be limited to being 5 levels below and so not having access to all the powers of a particular power set keeping them as effective helpers but not making it so that they can be used in place of another hero.

GladDog

Re: Sidekicks

Postby GladDog » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:08 pm

I have no doubt that mentoring and sidekicking are planned for the near future, but with a L20 cap, these things really are not needed. Once the game is live, and the dev team has some income, sidekicking is probably near the top of the list, somewhat after making another zone, raising the level cap and adding ATs.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Dying Breath

Postby Dying Breath » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:58 pm

I think what Stagendo is asking for is AI sidekicks, rather than the artificial level flattening mechanic. Having rescued Fusionette and Penny Yin so many times, I'm... unenthusiastic about AI sidekicks. I think this might borrow a little too heavily from the Commander AT, which has been mentioned as at least on the chalkboard.

As for player sidekicking and mentoring, I'd be a little surprised if the game launched without, especially as the small player base for an alpha doesn't need any extra barriers to teaming. I would certainly understand if the mechanics took longer than anticipated to implement, but I'd be surprised nonetheless.

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:13 am

mentoring up and/or down is a definite but im not lookin for it at even launch , but later remember ...Small game to launch !!!
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Stagendo

Postby Stagendo » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:15 am

Yeah this post was meant about an AI sidekick and yeah i see your point about it might be too similar to the commander tree class, i suppose it does jut depend on how they work the commander class aswell.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:20 am

Yep, I misunderstood. I have no problem with AI pets as long as they have AI! Stupid pets that agro the farm are not needed...

That said, I would love to have vanity pets, and single combat pets. I would say make combat pets match the core four ATs. So, have several 'tank' pets, several 'melee DPS' pets, and so on. But make all of the pets of the same type be EXACTLY the same, and you level them up with specific missions.

These combat pets would be high quality, but can't match the quantity that the Commander can summon.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Stagendo

Postby Stagendo » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:13 am

Yeah that's similar to what i meant but that would be good to

Flagwaver

Postby Flagwaver » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:44 pm

I would love to see a system where you could earn and/or create a sidekick to adventure with you similar to the companion characters of SWTOR. There could be raids and/or missions that could earn you another sidekick (not for a second one out, but a second sidekick you could call upon.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

A bullet may have a name on it, but 20 pounds of C4 is more of a "to whom it may concern."

Stagendo

Postby Stagendo » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:48 am

yeah I suppose that's what i meant rather than having it as another pet it is more of a fixture in a way that you feel invested in due to levelling him/her up along side you.

Return to “General Discussion”