Login test feedback

Galactus55

Re: Login test feedback

Postby Galactus55 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:17 am

Also i would like to complain about my random generated character.

I was called Pinky and i was all in pink.
My son and daughter were laughing at me for the whole test :D
Seconded! My character was not Gold, nor did the name have the word gold in it... :evil:
I'm just a user here so this is just my opinion. I enjoyed the login test it went perfectly as far as could see . The devs had to create hundreds of characters quickly and setup for the test. I was not concerned at all what they looked like.
I say well done Devs. Thank You.
When we can test the CCT then lets see some awesome looking character.
Just saying
:D
May your frame rate be HIGH
And your Temperature LOW

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:32 pm

well my kids came home from college

so upgrading - son number 2 (the one I named after Captain Kirk) thinks my stuff is 7 or 8 years old. so we're getting

MSI GAMING GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDRR5 192-bit HDCP Support DirectX 12 Dual Fan VR Ready OC Graphics Card

Vengeance Blue 16 GB (2x8 GB) DDR3 1600MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory 1.5V
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Postby Avatar PDM » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:46 am

Hi there :) (just putting it on the right space ;) )
was fun being there - thanks again, did really bring up some nice memories :)
just a little bit sad we couldn´t see, who was behind the names of those pre-created characters - would have been nice but nothing to worry about.

Now to the things I noticed which I wanted to mention
- First of all - it is a really nice city with great colouring and very nice details (escpecially the reflections and the heaven with day-night cycle (but we knew that already ;) )

It was also funny that the cars where actually phasing through my body :D

so now to be a little bit constructive ;) :

- about jumping - it looks great jumping and the part in the air too - but the landing is something which I was kind of hoping for more - you reach the ground and you stand and thats it! It would be nice and add to the feeling (also in question of realism) if the landing is a little bit more. Like when you jump from higher up just standing there feels wrong. At least the body should go with the motion a bit to absorb the impact energy. From higher up it would be great to have the chance to choose maybe from rolling after landing to go with the energy flow or having that heroic kind of landing (like going on a knee fist down like Spider Man or the other acrobatic type of heroes - you get the idea ;) )

- about the water - it looks great and it is cool how the body disappeares when going into the water. But I noticed that if you change the point of view and look from bottom up the water disappeares and you just have the ground without any water effect

A Question

- about the ground upwards view. Is there a possibility to change the point of view a bit from there that you not just see the body from behind feet upwards or would that be complicated? Because I noticed that when I wanted to look into the sky I couldn´t do it without my own character being in the way (maybe I did something wrong)

Hope that was some useful input.

Oh and I did like two dozen screenshots about different sceneries - if interested I can send it to you :)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Postby Avatar PDM » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:48 am

so upgrading - son number 2 (the one I named after Captain Kirk) thinks my stuff is 7 or 8 years old. so we're getting

MSI GAMING GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GDRR5 192-bit HDCP Support DirectX 12 Dual Fan VR Ready OC Graphics Card

well isn´t it charming when kids let you feel how old you are even with those little side-things (hey your stuff must still be from the last millenium - or so :D) ;)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Turtlesandwich

Postby Turtlesandwich » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:09 pm

Well at least your kids help you out and give advice. Mine just expect the pc to work when you push the on button

Turtlesandwich

Postby Turtlesandwich » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:12 pm

I'm just a user here so this is just my opinion. I enjoyed the login test it went perfectly as far as could see . The devs had to create hundreds of characters quickly and setup for the test. I was not concerned at all what they looked like.
I say well done Devs. Thank You.
When we can test the CCT then lets see some awesome looking character.
Just saying
:D
Golden and i where just mucking around, we both were very happy with the test and had no complaints about our characters. Just thankful to be allowed into the ship.

Galactus55

Postby Galactus55 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:32 am

Golden and i where just mucking around, we both were very happy with the test and had no complaints about our characters. Just thankful to be allowed into the ship.

All good no worries :D
May your frame rate be HIGH
And your Temperature LOW

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:31 pm

HA! bring on that login test again. I'm ready!
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:10 am

GoldenAce, you should see a pretty big improvement. That card is almost identical to what I got to replace my 970 GTX.

Return to “General Discussion”