Login test feedback

olepi

Login test feedback

Postby olepi » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:03 pm

Here is my feedback:
- AMD 8350 16gb, AMD 7970 graphics (kind of an older system)

- FPS with everybody on the screen was around 25FPS
- I was teleported to another location 3 times. Twice I was hiding inside a tree, the other time I was stuck between a bench and a wall. Instantly found myself about 50 yards away
- day/night, lighting, torches, all were beautiful
- jumping is a little off, just doesn't feel quite right
- names over people's heads kept going on and off, even if nobody was moving
- running through the whole lineup of people dropped FPS to 15

A big success! Thanks to the devs!!

edit: forgot to mention, was in the 1PM test.
Last edited by olepi on Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2019: 42 years on the Net.

Dying Breath

Re: Login test feedback

Postby Dying Breath » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:44 pm

i5-6500 (3.2 GHz)
8 GB RAM
Radeon RX570 (8GB VRAM)

Started at graphics preset 4, bumped down to 3.

Low population areas, standing still was getting around 60 fps
Low population, moving: 55+
Low population zoom level did not make a significant difference

High population, still: 50
High population, moving: 40-50 (depending on torches and lighting)
High population zoom level dropped around 10 fps from maximum distance to first person shoe-top.

------------------------------------

A few comments:
- The default camera position is a little low - zooming in to first person moves perspective to ground level
- Chat window only saves the last 5 messages, with no option to scroll further back. We need more messages (50? 100?)
- I want to be able to adjust the size of the chat window as well as the font in the window
- I also think that jump feels off, perhaps the speed of the descent?
- We definitely need a sprint power
- I would like to see some kind of animation around the character when in the water: some kind of ripple or wake maybe
- Nameplates turned on and off randomly
- Taller characters' names were partially obscured by their own heads
- Cars felt a little on the small side, but perhaps that's because I was playing a Huge model
- I would prefer to have NPC's with collision enabled
- Full night feels a little too dark
- I would like the "/" key to open the chat window as well, with the / populated

All in all, I am very impressed with the work so far. The city looks spectacular, capturing the essence of Paragon City but re-imagined and updated. Characters mostly looked quite unique, although I saw two standing together that looked very similar (didn't catch their names, but they were sort of ice themed, with the only difference that I could see being that one had a conical helmet); I can't wait to get to play with the CCT.

Kudos to the devs, and thanks for letting me participate.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:11 pm

not a big computer geek but here is what I have. will probably need a new one at some point prior to launch.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
GeForce GTX 760
Display Memory: 6104 MB
Dedicated Memory: 2017 MB

FPS dropped down to 4 when I was under the arch with all the people. when I was out and about away from everyone the highest it went up to was 45 with all ranges in between. mostly in the 20's
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:22 pm

This is pure gold; keep it coming. :)

indigowulf

Postby indigowulf » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:31 pm

My 2 cents: we need "options" on the log in screen before we open the game, so if we have a graphics issue we can change resolution or quality before trying to load back into the game and defeat said graphics issue.

I'm rolling with a Win 10 AMD Ryzen 5 1400 quad 3.2 ghz 8gb ram. I was streaming, previewing stream, and playing, plus I had discord, 3 browsers, and paint up on 2nd monitor lol

I was hitting 35-45 FPS the whole time. I played with settings to see how it would change, everything stayed pretty steady at those numbers no matter how I changed settings (until I went from windowed FS to unwindowed FS and my computer had it's heart attack)

ETA: connecting via Comcrap
~indigowulf global, SG Feral Storm (future founder!)

Razkaz

Postby Razkaz » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:52 pm

Everything went smoothly. The environment and characters were beautiful for pre alpha, stiff in certain places but that will be fixed. The FPS was smooth even near the beach where for most it increased exponentially. The day and night cycle, really beautiful. The movement and jump felt fun and fluid. Overall, I never had this much fun for pre alpha anything. You got yourselves a subscriber here, Good work guys!

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:08 pm

I was in with two computers. Overall I was very please with performance. On the 2nd test, there were close to 100 and looking at the crowd forced my FPS into the low 20s, but I bet that kind of incident (almost 100 heroes in close proximity) will be very rare passed the first couple of days.

LAPTOP
17-7700HQ @ 2.8
16 GB RAM
256 GB SSD (game was on the SSD) + 1 TB HDD
GTX 1060 6 GB video
17.3" 1080p screen. Later I changed to 1600x900 to make the screen easier to read. This had almost no effect on the FPS.
I was running Discord and Outlook on the laptop screen, the game was playing on a 27" 1080p monitor. The laptop screen was using the intel HD 620 video on the CPU. The game was using the GTX1060.
FPS was consitently in the 47-56 range. At some times it would drop into the 20s, and sometimes it would get into the low 70s. I saw very little occluding, which was pretty awesome.

DESKTOP
i7-6700 @ 3.4
32 GB RAM
480 GB SSD (game was on the SSD) + 1TB HDD.
AMD RX-480 video with 8 GB.
24" 1080p monitor
I was running Discord and Outlook in the background. I found it rather annoying not having a 2nd screen to put these on.
FPS was a little higher with this machine. Average was 50-60. This test was not as highly populated as test 2, so it is hard to compare, but the lowest FPS I saw was 29. The highest, looking towards a building with no players in the screen, was almost 90.

I was very impressed by the level of detail in the environment. Grass, trees, tiles on the ground, were all very nice. Water was not the prettiest I have ever seen, but it was nice looking. (Best water for any game I have played is Elder Scrolls Online)
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

mereman

Postby mereman » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:19 pm

My report
CPU AMD 8350
GPU GTX970 4Gb
Memory 24Gb
Was running Discord and OBS for video only no sound recording. These on my second screen (yes I'm showing off :lol: )
set graphics to max (I'm mad like that)
FPS 50s out of the crowd mid 30s t0 low 40s in a crowd. But the main thing was all was very smooth.

Agree with what others have said about the camera need to be behind the head.
I was very impressed with the look and feel so far about to bung in a bit more money ;)
Still in mourning for CoH

Blaze Rocker

My Login test feedback

Postby Blaze Rocker » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:37 pm

Well, I logged in with no issues or graphical problems.

My issues were:
1. I never could figure out how to use the torch. Pressing the P button did nothing. I never got a Powers Table as was listed in the login test info, while it seemed to work just fine for most everyone else.
2. I couldn't customize anything from either the keyboard or the mouse. I didn't play CoH as typically as most did and not being able to customize even the most basic movement controls was irritating.
3. Autorun, once initiated, could not be canceled out by pressing any of the directional keys. That either needs to be fixed or an option should be made for it in the future.
4. As I mentioned during the test, nighttime was incredibly dark. A brighter night and/or more light sources need to be added to common areas.

Aside from those things it was a pretty decent test in my opinion. With my four-year old system my framerate hovered around 36 FPS while under the arch with I guess twenty or thirty other people standing there.
Like everyone else I am eagerly awaiting a regular Alpha test whenever it can become available. :D
Stop the spread of fake news. Don't share anything produced by CNN.

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:43 pm

Performance was ok on my system but barely got above 30fps until I moved away from the arch and, even then, barely reached 40fps. Using a Radeon R9 380 4096. 16GB RAM, Intel i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz.
Switching from windowed to fullscreen made no noticeaeble difference and shooting the settings up to max dropped the fps down to 19 (!)

FWIW, I get 50-60 fps in Elder Scrolls Online, even in big fights.
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

Zagadka

Postby Zagadka » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:59 pm

i7-4790 (4.0 GHz)
32 GB RAM
GeForce GTX 1080

Unsurprisingly, 1080 definitely wasn't phased by the game at all. Got 80-90 FPS early on, never dipped below 60 FPS when the crowd was full. No network lag at all. Won't comment on other stuff since this was just a login test, but it looks and feels really good, for this stage in development.

Very impressed with no real bugs or problems with that many clients.

pearbear

Postby pearbear » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:17 pm

Specs
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5930K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3501 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM): 32.0 GB
Hard Drive Model: Samsung SSD 850 EVO M.2 1TB
Graphics Card Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 x 59 hertz

Test Results
Max FPS: 108.4
Mins FPS: 43.1
Avg FPS: 66.2
Number of disconnects: 2

I want to preface my feedback by stating that the result of the test leaves me even more excited for this game. The test was a pleasure to participate in and was very reassuring, I think your team is creating such a wonderful, and sorely needed, game. I loved the quality of the game so far, from the interface and world architecture to the character models and animations. I hope we were all able to help provide some useful data back to you!

Feedback
I really only have one area of negative feedback that I'll provide some examples of, both concerning object collision:
Character-Character Collision: For immersion and a superior quality of gaming experience (in my opinion), I strongly suggest character collision, i.e. being unable to walk through other characters or objects such as cars. Games like CoH and UO have/had character collision, whereas games like WoW and SWTOR do not.
Character-Layered Ground Collision:: There were a few objects built up from the base ground layer (like a very shallow platform or sidewalk over grass) that was not treated as the ground relative to the character, so my characters feet would "sink" into the object. I am a huge advocate for appropriate physics among objects so it would make sense to exist on top of these objects, not within them.

I really hope character collision is something that can be added at this point. I believe it adds a lot of value to the quality of a game and leaves the player feeling more a part of the world and surroundings. Nothing breaks immersion more than literally walking through another player.

Gilbegger

Postby Gilbegger » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:38 pm

My specs...and this is on a self built 8 year old computer... Heck.,..i still have my first Gateway from 97?

Amd Radeon HD series 5800
AMD radeon graphics processor
Intel core i5 cpu
760 @ 2.80ghz (4 cpus )

Not sure if this info is use full. If you need more just yell.

I was hovering around 10 to 15 for most of the process. I was able to interact with all of the settings and use the designated "TORCH " power, as well as use all the emotes.

My performance did not improve as i moved away from the arch and into the city. i had no dissconnects...i logged out multiple times on purpose...and had no trouble re entering the game. Very smooth.

Suggestions:
1. A default setting in the "settings" interface. I was messing around A LOT...in here...and had trouble restoring it to where I started. I was trying to improve performance.
2. I love you guys....OMG...this was fun. Thank you for letting me participate.

MsrRick

Postby MsrRick » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:16 pm

First off all I can say is that the world is amazingly immersive and that's with just a small sample size. Other than the aforementioned camera angles there was one building I was able to walk through, it was triangular and had yellow columns up to the first story. The stonework side seemed to be fine for collision but I walked straight through the glass sides and when I was walking in between the glass and another building / part of the same one I was able to see inside of it. Another slight bit was running with a torch out, the off arm kind of just hung limply off to the side.

Time slot: 1 pm
Character: Terminal
Disconnects: 0

CPU: I7-8700 3.2 GHz
16 GB
Nvidia GTX1070 8 GB

This was a new system and I seem to have screwed up on the screenshots so this is more from memory

Ultra Settings: early on or away from the crowds 90+ fps occasionally all the way up to 120. In crowds down to 50 - 60. V-sync turned on dropped it down to 35-40

Dropping down the settings had increases but I don't remember how much.

Thanks again for the first look in to the world and the work the team is putting in, looking forward to the next peek into this exciting new world.

Parkhyeyeon

Postby Parkhyeyeon » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:26 pm

My setup:
i7-7700 @4.2GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 4GB @1920x1080
32GB ram
Game was on my 2nd drive 4TB HDD

Had browser open with 4-6 tabs, Discord and Spotify running, while streaming at 1080p.
FPS was 50-70 , and would only drop into the 40s when spinning around in the crowd of players.

Agree with most of the feedback/comments already posted as well.
I like the dark night. I do think the lighting from torches and other sources should light up a larger area around them and be brighter at the source. Looking at the line of players holding torches from the 1pm test, that whole area should be lit up more with torch light.
Join SoH Discord!
Backer #9
CoH mains(Freedom server):
Angel Irene - Energy/devices Blaster
Seraph Irene - Energy/Radiation Corrupter

Return to “General Discussion”