Stan Lee has Passed

Re: Stan Lee has Passed

Postby Avatar PDM » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:50 am

Yes, please leave room for some kind of place to recognize him in game. I feel it’s a small thing we could all enjoy visiting and reminiscing. Perhaps even a “True Believer” badge for visiting the site?
Seconded.
I am also all for it
- we could have a memorial park maybe with Statues of those big names like Stan Lee, which influenced all of us all the way to this place, which we have here today; maybe with something like an alley
- and I by the way I still think a museum would be a nice place - we could simulate comic art (as far as it is possible without having trouble with coypright of course ;) )
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

zombiegod420

Postby zombiegod420 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:46 pm

yea R.I.P Stan Lee! he will be very missed. im stting here with my roommate, my girlfriend, and myself are all sitting here and all agree that a momorial to Stan of some kind is a great idea and we want to thank the person who suggested it.

Blaze Rocker

Postby Blaze Rocker » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:34 pm

Lots of good ideas in this thread. I'm not sure how far things should go because of rights/copyright issues so I want to make sure we are mindful of what we're doing. I don't want a statue of Stan Lee placed in the game only for the executor of his estate to sue over unauthorized use of his name and likeness.
I think you should start with the street name idea and work from there. Since that's a good place to start we should consider recognizing other influential figures in the comic industry such as Steve Ditko, Jack Kirby, Bob Kane and Bill Finger.
At minimum I think there should be a memorial/statue park with nearby/connecting roads named for those comic greats. In a way it could represent or symbolize "Where humanity has been enabled to go because of those that came before," or something to that effect. I'm sure someone can put what I said into much more elegant words but you get the idea.

What we have today in 2018 wouldn't be what it is without all those talented people that got us here.
Stop the spread of fake news. Don't share anything produced by CNN.

Kazee

Postby Kazee » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:16 pm

You could go as simple as a graveyard or church area with a generic memorial and a last name with a sensible epitaph. We would all know what it means if we came across a memorial for KIRBY and the epitaph "The One Above All," or LEE "One Man Can Make a Difference. 'Nuff said."

As for The Man, you can only consider his nearly hundred years and accomplishments to be a complete victory. Yes, it's a gut punch now that the time has come, but man, what a life to celebrate. If only more could die still the hero instead of becoming a villain, especially when it comes to pop culture.

Galactus55

Postby Galactus55 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:12 am

You could go as simple as a graveyard or church area with a generic memorial and a last name with a sensible epitaph.
I Would light a CosmicUnobtainium Flame above His Resting Place.
A Flame that will burn even after the next Universal collapse!
May your frame rate be HIGH
And your Temperature LOW

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:00 am

the curch is a nice idea - though I could also imagine something like a university.
or if you think about the Louvre in Paris - they have a front there on which statues are shown, which represent all kind of scientists, artists and such.
I kind of could also imagine that - as part of our University ;)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Sinistar

Postby Sinistar » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:11 pm

A memorial park with streets named after legendary creators like Kirby, Siegel, Schuster, Kane, Finger, Ditko, etc. with all streets intersecting in the center named something like Lee Memorial with a statue that resembles him or else a Plaque that says "'Nuff Said!" when clicked upon that also awards the Excelsior badge.

Also a map badge on each of the streets.

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:41 am

I kind of would really be interested, what Devs think about those thoughts here in that topic though I am pretty sure we all have similar feelings about that
(in that case especially :) )

Return to “General Discussion”