SoH-Radio

kinglucus

SoH-Radio

Postby kinglucus » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:22 am

will there be an ability to listen to a "Ships Radio" while playing? I'm thinking along the lines of the radio stations in the "Fallout" games with the ability to turn on and off the local station.

SoH Radio
Songs
  • Various instrumental songs (free to play)
DJs - either depending on which zone you are in or just the one DJ for all zones
  • Comments about possible Task Force's / missions
    (e.g. "Breaking News, we are getting reports of The Demon lurking around the sewers again" / "Nagdelions are once again causing havok down town... who will stop those dang aliens!")
  • Comments about food
    (e.g. "For those looking for something different, the Downtown Deli has picked up some tasty... what ever it is they picked up from Planet Z!" / "Cherri the shop owner on 34th street has asked me to tell you all that the fire was not her fault... she blames it on some noob fire blasters who just arrived")

broxen

Re: SoH-Radio

Postby broxen » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:39 pm

I'm actually hoping they allow you to okay outside streams. This would allow the community to setup their own radio stations.

MxO and SotA had/have this. It's awesome!
-Broxen

Flagwaver

Postby Flagwaver » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:08 pm

One of the things I loved about CoX was the stations set up around the game. My wife DJed for Justice Radio for a long time and she loved it. I still use some of her playlists when I game (playing them on my laptop).
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

A bullet may have a name on it, but 20 pounds of C4 is more of a "to whom it may concern."

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:12 pm

One of the things I loved about CoX was the stations set up around the game. My wife DJed for Justice Radio for a long time and she loved it. I still use some of her playlists when I game (playing them on my laptop).
Which DJ was she? I used to listen to Justice Radio a LOT in the first 2-3 years I was playing. Then my wife got sick, and I had to tone down the volume on everything for so long....
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Flagwaver

Postby Flagwaver » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:29 pm

Which DJ was she?
DJ Aysel

A bullet may have a name on it, but 20 pounds of C4 is more of a "to whom it may concern."

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:45 pm

Which DJ was she?
DJ Aysel
eeeyup I remember!
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:49 pm

MAN ---- there was a radio man i did not know that and sheesh i need to pay attention more
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Flagwaver

Postby Flagwaver » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:45 pm

MAN ---- there was a radio man i did not know that and sheesh i need to pay attention more
There were a few stations. After Aysel left Justice, she joined Paragons of Justice Radio.

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:58 am

A few station ---- stop Flagwaver its bad enough the game closed , and im mad about that .... but now i find there was more that i didn't even know existed .... AAAAAh
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

E_Orrbon

Postby E_Orrbon » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:54 am

I remember CoH having player-run radio stations like the Cape and Paragon Radio. And CO has Dawn Radio, led by the members of the SG Paragon Dawn. The link is:. http://www.vtxemu.com/dawnradio/
I suggest giving them a try. Hopefully if SoH gets made, they'll migrate to this game.
@RageOfAngels, Virtue server. 7 year vet.

Lazarus

Postby Lazarus » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:20 pm

I had no idea there was actual radio in the game. I thought this thread was actually going to be talking about radio missions, which I liked and added some super-hero flavoring to CoH.

broxen

Postby broxen » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:44 pm

I had no idea there was actual radio in the game. I thought this thread was actually going to be talking about radio missions, which I liked and added some super-hero flavoring to CoH.
Radio Missions were one of my favorite things as well!
-Broxen

Return to “General Discussion”