Suggestion(s)

Red5

Suggestion(s)

Postby Red5 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:47 pm

So I know this is a bit out of the paradigm but...

There was a game (I think it was Torchlight 2 but could be wrong) that had a pet that the player could load up with loot and send it off to sale for them. The pet also served a couple other functions like you could give it a shopping list to bring back, as well as aid in combat BUT I am more suggesting a pet that can for sure sale loot (even if your in a fishbowl) and possibly buy/retrieve SoH version of inspirations.

I wouldn't want a pet that fights....just making that overly clear lol.

So I was thinking 3-5 skins that everyone has access to from start...or from an early mission (even better). However with time and money...Devs could add more skins to the (online) store of these pets.

Now when I say pets...it could be a literal pet (small dragon, cat, panda) or a robo dog, small robot (think BB8'esk)...something small cute and/or neat.

WHY??? Well perhaps a way to make sales on store, and serves a non combative function for groups (i.e. lowering the down time between fights/missions).

---------------------------------------------

Pet leveling....dunno but it was mentioned at my round table so.... Have like 3 tiers or levels. Me I say regardless of skin one only has to level the pet skills/functions once per character per tier/level.

Tier 1 acts as extra storage...lokks cute/neat
Tier 2 can sale your loot....time away can vary on how far from a store/contact/and zones
Tier 3 pet can go to your base or facility and scrap items for salvage...time away again varies
Tier ? can add more tiers for more functions like shopping, banking, etc.

also suggested how much they carry increases per tier so like 5 items T1 and 15 Items @ T3 for example.

How it levels? I thought XP by actual use, but others favored by being out and next to ya *shrugs*

------------------------------------------

Anywho, this is a suggestion....use, loose, or mutate as you see fit.

-cheers

P.s. if you like the ideal but hate the issues of art and coding a bunch of skins for pets....maybe just have a generic drone everyone gets
...reporting in.

GladDog

Re: Suggestion(s)

Postby GladDog » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:50 am

FFXIV has a super mule as well, this may be what you are thinking of.

This isn't a bad idea. Having a bot that you can send off to sell your excess stuff would be useful. Also having the bot be extra storage, almost like a mini-bank, Would be nice. If you get that dream level 20 augment set when you are level 18, you don't have to waste augment storage space on the set.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

brawlizard

Re: Suggestion(s)

Postby brawlizard » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:01 am

TL1 and TL2 both have this, though the shopping list part was added in TL2.

It's a neat mechanic, not sure if it fits an mmo, but maybe

Return to “General Discussion”