The day CoH Shut Down

Consultant

Re: The day CoH Shut Down

Postby Consultant » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:24 am

Whatever happened, we may never really know.

I do remember being on a business trip in Indiana during the last week of COH. I was playing from a hotel room, including the night the servers went dark.

It was a moment I will never forget.

planetaryWarfareBot

Postby planetaryWarfareBot » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:06 am

Home. Holding up a torch on the steps of Atlas Park.

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:32 am

I was standing on the globe in atlas park and was watching around - taking a last good look at the city
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:39 pm

I logged out before the servers went down for the last time. My only regret is not taking anywhere enough screenshots or videos. I won't make that mistake again!
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

Postby Avatar PDM » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:47 am

I logged out before the servers went down for the last time. My only regret is not taking anywhere enough screenshots or videos. I won't make that mistake again!
true I thought that myself - I missed the opportunity to do screenshots :(
And I also missed the opportunity to take care of getting the contacts of my online-friends - that bothers me even more
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Itlandm

Postby Itlandm » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:50 pm

I was in Atlas Park (instance 33, I think) when the servers went down. I was hovering close to the flagpole on top of City Hall with my Incarnate, Sun's Bright Hand, protecting it with a ring of flaming yellow solar energy in the face of the coming darkness. I am not an American, but Paragon City was my home; it seemed like the right thing to do.

slacktech

Postby slacktech » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:45 am

I wasn't brave enough to stay til the bitter end. I left early, and regretted it soon after. NCsoft had destroyed my second home, and I was grieving and reacted immaturely (given my chronological age at the time).

I feel very bad for players of another NCsoft game that will be shutting down on the same day six years later. While I didn't get into the game (I think I compared it far too much to my lost second home) the very dedicated and passionate community must be hurting more and more as it gets closer to their servers being shut off.

Return to “General Discussion”