What power from CoH do you miss the most and also which one the least?

Judicator

Re: What power from CoH do you miss the most and also which one the least?

Postby Judicator » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:09 am

My favorite sets, were definitely Storm and Gravity Control.

Least favorite energy aura defense.

pahurricane

Postby pahurricane » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:24 pm

Give me my rifle and my gadgets and I'm good. Boring, but I loved it.

As for what I liked the least, I could never get a hang of or figure out the "regular guy" one. I don't remember what it was called, but it was the one where your character was just a workout fiend of some kind.

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:43 pm

Give me my rifle and my gadgets and I'm good. Boring, but I loved it.
oooh yes i enjoyed the " .. thummmp.. " and watching the grenade arch over to a crowd of bad-ees landing in the middle, exploding an sending that bunch flying ... hee hee yes loved it ...
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

SeaDub

Postby SeaDub » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:04 am

Dark/Dark Defender

This was by far my favorite character power set combo I ever leveled up. You didn't see an overwhelming number of this, so it was obscure to some people. They expected the defender they were playing with to be an empath. Yelling about why aren't you healing, and they never noticed that the baddies were never hitting anyone.

Dark Servant was simply amazing. He/she could heal, hold, immobilize all on his own. The AI worked well. He never got stuck on random items and left you hanging. The cycle through the powers was perfect. You never felt that he was just standing around, and he always seemed to pull off that heal just when you needed it.

great memories look forward to this game and making more.

PseudoCool

Postby PseudoCool » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:53 pm

Isn't this like asking which grandparent you miss the most?

Seriously...

But.. ok... I seriously miss my rad/rad/rad defender. Never thought I'd say that..I'm more of a smashmouth guy, and frankly, defender was my LAST toon to roll, and by far the funnest one to play with and put together. Debuffing AV's or Giant Monsters on Monster Island.. then soloing them.. was always a hoot. Loved watching tankers come by and be like "wha... ?" to see me popping down my 70 points of damage every few seconds while watching the baddies try to hit me.. it was a blast. literally.

Like others.. I loved the DM set on my scrapper too.. he was my favorite, and I even rolled him when DM was still seriously gimped.

And.. I absolutely LOATHED the gravity sets, as well as illusion. I just could never get my head into playing either.

Zagadka

Postby Zagadka » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:37 am

As far as travel powers... least would definitely be teleportation, since it was very awkward and attention consuming (can't just set it to go forward) to use, at least to me.

Favorite would be super jump (since it was extremely useful in missions or outdoors and made kiting mobs much easier). I'd say the latter was just about OP.

Truehero

Postby Truehero » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:39 pm

I liked them all, but my favorites were super strength and invulnerability. Super jump and flight were my favorite travel powers.

PseudoCool

Postby PseudoCool » Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:46 pm

Favorite and most hated?

Seriously.. you want me to CHOOSE???

Ok..
My first toon was a blaster.. PseudoCool.. Energy/Electric/Electric. A straight up paper tiger.. all about damage, end drains (mild ones, but still).. and the ability to snipe bad guys from the war walls, one shotting even level LT's with ease. Sure.. he face planted A LOT until I figured out his powers and how to use them better.. but man.. he was without a doubt my favorite character.. until...

Rad/Rad/Rad defender. Solo an AV or GM? Sure can! I remember taking Positron in and showing him how a DEFENDER could solo Kraken. Then we got to the fun part.. soloing both Eochi and Jack AT THE SAME TIME.. then Kronos Titan. Literally was a debuffing GOD in the game. The only thing I couldn't tackle was Ghost Widow. No matter the tank, or tanks.. the INSTANT you debuffed her, you became her target and she unleashed hell. Lusca was a bit of a pain as well.. since if you debuffed the tentacles, her head went right after you. And debuffing the head was a one way trip to debt.. lol

Had a lot of fun with my dark/dark/dark scrapper too, until they nerfed a couple of the powers. But then, it was just a matter of playing him differently, and eventually re-rolling him as a stalker.

most hated..

Well.. that should be easy.. Kinetics and illusion. I know right? Everyone LOVED those sets. Not me. Not sure why, but I could just never get the hang of them at all.. they just didn't fit me or my play style. Wasn't a big fan of Khel's either.. way too damn squishy to solo, and I love soloing, so never got one into the tank form.

Blaze Rocker

Postby Blaze Rocker » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:17 pm

Favorites/Most Missed:
Blasting: Assault Rifle, Dual Pistols and Electricity --- Blaster Secondary: Devices and Ice Manipulation

Control: Earth and Ice. --- Buff/Debuffing: Force Fields, Storm Summoning, Kinetics and Traps

Melee DMG: Super Strength, Energy Melee and Martial Arts --- Melee Defense: Invulnerability, Dark Armor, Super Reflexes and Shield Fighting

I think it's best not to make a Least Favorite list because there were a lot of sets I didn't like to play. It wasn't always because I didn't like the sets, I'd say it was more because I couldn't come up with a decent character concept to utilize certain sets and thus provide a reason to play them.
Characters were very important to me. Without them there wasn't much reason to play CoH. ;)
Time to let Ol' Painless out of the bag.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:31 pm

Well invulnerability of course. Martial Arts / super reflexes was a very fun set for a scrapper. lol had 3 power pools for him and could almost match the speed cap prior to eventually taking super speed. Took flight for Air superiority, super jump for combat jumping, and super speed for haste. so I did like all the power pools.

loved defenders but really had no use for the other squishies. so least liked power sets would be...

Masterminds and their pets. they would get into everything. worse than herding cats.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Blue Yankee

Postby Blue Yankee » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:19 pm

I loved trick arrow primary + archery secondary!

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:23 pm

Welcome to the ship Blue Yankee! What server were you on? Was Blue Yankee your main character's name.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Blue Yankee

Postby Blue Yankee » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:13 pm

I played Blue Yankee on the freedom server, my wife played Madam Task Force and Madam President.
Welcome to the ship Blue Yankee! What server were you on? Was Blue Yankee your main character's name.

Turtlesandwich

Postby Turtlesandwich » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:23 pm

Force bubble.
I used to squash all the baddies into the corner of a room :)

SteelR4t

Postby SteelR4t » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:25 pm

Stone Melee was by far my favourite. The noise, the shake, the sheer visceral SMASH of it. Beautiful.

Fair few "Also rans" though..

Sonic Blast - the idea of shouting at people to defeat them really appealed to me for some reason
Street Fighting - much better unarmed melee set than Martial Arts (imo).
Gravity Control - if for no other reason than Propel - throwing forklifts and snooker tables at enemies never got old.
Storm Summoning - intelligent use of Hurricane for permanently herding mobs into a corner and / or putting them into a perpetual state of on their derrieres along with the huge -acc never got old either.
Bots Mastermind - fully upgraded Assault Bolt was nothing short of techo nerd joy to behold.

Any power with huge KB. Yes, yes I know, it sounds like I was "that guy" on a team, but used intelligently, it was a great damage mitigation technique, or for knocking a pesky splinter mob that was harrasing the support back into the range of the tanks taunt. And of course playing lowbie Hellion golf in Atlas park with a fully slotted level 50 was all kinds of fun.

Return to “General Discussion”