What power from CoH do you miss the most and also which one the least?

slacktech

Re: What power from CoH do you miss the most and also which one the least?

Postby slacktech » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:06 am

I don't really have a power as such, but I loved Masterminds. As an Australian, it was not unusual for me to play solo and the MM archetype was excellent for this. I realise it doesn't answer the question, but I found the beauty of the design in CoX was that I didn't find any one power eclipsed any other and that a good build meant that I used most powers and never really relied on any one power to be effective.

Having said that, I recognise that there were certainly were powers that other players almost begged for if I was on a 'support' character (some of which have been mentioned in this thread already).

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:40 am

Heh.

I loved teleport. Admittedly I was running hover on my main toon with it, but using the right+left-click bind trick it was a joy to use - literally point and click to go anywhere you can see! What's not to love? Teleport Enemy was good for bringing runners back into the tank's aura, and obviously Teleport Friend was always handy.

I also loved the Presence pool on my DM scrapper :P I actually got a lot of mileage out of all the fears - the accuracy debuff meshed nicely with my regen, and it was very thematic for the character design.

I think this discussion has demonstrated quite well that pretty much everything appeals to someone :)
Last edited by JestersGhost on Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

Styrj

Postby Styrj » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:49 am

I've always had a liking for Dark powers, especially Dark Blast. But, for the longest time DB was not available for blasters. I don't remember what issue, but when the devs made DB available for blasters, I was all over it.

I would say my least fav power was teleport, as a travel power.
:D If it ain't broke, don't fix it! :D

brawlizard

Postby brawlizard » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:44 am

Really hard to pick a favorite. I *love* many.

However it is not hard for me to pick a least favorite power set. I really got fed up with AssaultRifle as a power set, the amount of resistance on bad guys for the damage types of that power set (lethal and crushing? I forget the terms) was absurd. I loved the concepts of the power set, but the frustration of actually having to use it anywhere after lvl 10 was obnoxious.

There was all of one villain group that didn't have huge amounts of resistance to bullets.....

Taker

Postby Taker » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:06 am

I miss my ill/rad troller and my dark corruptor. Hell....I MISS THEM ALL. 'Nuff said.

E_Orrbon

Postby E_Orrbon » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:56 pm

I really miss my energy blasts! I loooooove causing KB! (Even though it annoys the tanker)

I also miss the CC powers like Mass Confusion and Sleep.
@RageOfAngels, Virtue server. 7 year vet.

Taivas

Postby Taivas » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:54 pm

Individual power or powerset?

If it's individual power then probably Footstomp or Shield Bash for delicious AoE damage while tanking. There's something addictive about racking up damage numbers on large crowds of enemies all at once.

If it's powerset then that's so much harder to decide since CoH was about as flexible and diverse as an MMO has ever been in terms of choice. It's a toss up between Kinetics, Street Justice, MM/Thugs, Katana, Gravity... I can't begin to stick to just a few.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:31 pm

If it's individual power then probably Footstomp or Shield Bash for delicious AoE damage while tanking. There's something addictive about racking up damage numbers on large crowds of enemies all at once.

If it's powerset then that's so much harder to decide since CoH was about as flexible and diverse as an MMO has ever been in terms of choice. It's a toss up between Kinetics, Street Justice, MM/Thugs, Katana, Gravity... I can't begin to stick to just a few.
I know what you mean, but Dark Melee and Super Strength brought me the most joy! I level capped two SS tanks, and I level capped two DM scrappers. And Foot Stomp... oh baby... it would be hard to beat that - unless its Soul Drain followed by Shadow Maul out of Stealth + Cloak of Darkness!
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Codex

Postby Codex » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:41 pm

Instant Health as a toggle. It made me feel like a superhero.
aka Backer 68

Sinistar

Postby Sinistar » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:39 pm

I know what you mean, but Dark Melee and Super Strength brought me the most joy! I level capped two SS tanks, and I level capped two DM scrappers. And Foot Stomp... oh baby... it would be hard to beat that - unless its Soul Drain followed by Shadow Maul out of Stealth + Cloak of Darkness!
I have fond memories of my Dark Armor/SS tank, my Dark Armor/fire melee brute (power customization led to some fun and eerie looking attacks), and I think I also had a dark armor/broadsword scrapper, need to recheck my old list.

Dark Melee......I tried to like that set, just couldn't get into it. But mileage does vary :)

Coyote

Postby Coyote » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:59 am

I miss Phantom Army the most. There are plenty of damage powers out there, but aggro redirection powers are rare, and ones onto indestructible tanks are, well, literally unique.

There are plenty of low-level attacks with long animation times that are just terrible, and skipped. Weak attacks should be fast, or else offer some other advantage. But the most useless is probably Fallout. Corpse Bomb powers are annoying enough when the corpse is an enemy so you can hopefully ensure that there are valid targets around. But when the corpse is an ally, there are major problems with it. And it could even work if it were a weaker attack, with a fast recharge, so that you could use it as a revenge button whenever an ally goes down. But with a 5-minute recharge, it's a one-use panic button that only works when you have allies, and when they go down first, and when you have the animation time and endurance to use it in the middle of a losing battle. And like all attacks, you have to spend slots on it to make it better? Horrible balance.

Stagendo

Postby Stagendo » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:17 pm

I'd have to say that i miss playing as my mastermind; Master Necromancer because it has always intrigued me being able to command creatures, robots or henchmen of other kinds to help me in my gaming, it allows for more tactful game play decisions. (This does not mean other play styles are any less tactful). The powers that i miss the least i would have to say would be the poison power set it just never seemed to appeal to me.

E_Orrbon

Postby E_Orrbon » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:44 am

<QR> A favorite power combo of mine was my DB/regen Stalker. She was nasty! (In a good way)
She could jump in a +3x8 mob, take the alpha strike, and then some, and her health bar wouldn't even dip.
@RageOfAngels, Virtue server. 7 year vet.

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:29 am

I'll just say, Fireball was an all purpose power. You could introduce yourself to a group of Rikti with it...sort of like saying "Hello, my name is Consultant and I'm going to incinerate you..." You could fire it quickly. As an AOE it was great, and the DOT effect was useful too. And if you needed 10,000 rikti monkeys or a couple hundred red caps taken out, fireball was a workhorse power. I miss fireball.

I do not miss team teleport. What a disappointment. You could only travel a couple hundred feet...who thought that was good?

Griffin

Postby Griffin » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:09 pm

Team Teleport was VERY useful on a team of ALL fire/rad trollers. Running the PBAOE auras, etc.
Teleport everyone into range, and the entire mob is instantly and hopelessly debuffed AND surrounded by monkeys!

But otherwise.... yeah.... not so much.

-Griff

Return to “General Discussion”