SoH, the app

olepi

SoH, the app

Postby olepi » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:18 am

It would be cool to link in a smart phone SoH app. We could chat with people in the game, and maybe even do some housekeeping, farming, or crafting tasks right from the phone.

Even fancier would be the ability to see the map, so if the bandits took over engine room 2, you could see that on the app's map.
2020: 43 years on the Net.

Golden Ace

Re: SoH, the app

Postby Golden Ace » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:45 pm

It would be cool to link in a smart phone SoH app. We could chat with people in the game, and maybe even do some housekeeping, farming, or crafting tasks right from the phone.

Even fancier would be the ability to see the map, so if the bandits took over engine room 2, you could see that on the app's map.
or even the auction house etc.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Strife3

Postby Strife3 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:16 pm

SoH could do what wow did for Legion, let you do simple tasks such as check AH, make armor/enhancements, chat with Guild.

I can think of afew things SoH could do with an app.

You could let the app connect to your character generator and let you make characters when not at home so it's ready to go when you get there.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:17 pm

I like the idea of chatting with someone while they are online. maybe a friend or SG member. just to say "Hi" or to let them know that the special item they wanted could be found on the 3rd level and it only drops from the dang blue eyed aliens in the southwest corner.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

indigowulf

Postby indigowulf » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:47 pm

I work from home now and will be wanting to chat and stuff between customers, worried about getting booted every time I get a call lol. an app like this would be very useful for my working hours! (or just an extended timer before you get logged off for inactivity.)
~indigowulf global, SG Feral Storm (future founder!)

sensible

Postby sensible » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:21 pm

i know it's fan-run, but there is a discord channel and a mobile app for that (not that i want to take anyone off the forums, but the back and forth on discord is fun too. the invite is posted in the forums)

Jasix

Postby Jasix » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:35 pm

I wouldn't mind an app with limited tasks available and limited time devoted to its creation. I don't think any combat should be on app as that has historically meant dumbed down experiences for PC versions of games. I would also rather the development team worry less about that and more about giving us actual in-game content/progression.
Original backer #122.

zombiegod420

Postby zombiegod420 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:24 pm

OMG! An app for phone is a great idea! If I was at work and got an alert to an invasion or some other event, I would be excited and ready to get home and join!

Return to “General Discussion”