Costume Request Thread

Re: Costume Request Thread

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:35 am

I mean of course the question would come from me :D
yep :D
Let me guess - you would have one ;)?
Yes yes, I need my indigowulf character to be all fuzzy and cuddly :P
I joke that I dressed as a werewolf for Halloween. When people looked at me funny, I reminded them that it's not a full moon.
so you are only half-furry on a half moon ;)?
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Odee

Postby Odee » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:50 pm

Retro Sci-Fi, or Steampunk and Victorian Era costume looks, with maybe a steam engine looking back pack, or equipment would be a nice addition. But hey, as long as the game gives me the look, and feel of our beloved COH, on release, I'll be happy to wait for the costuming, seasonal events, and other stuff to catch up. 👍👏👍👍
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Postby Avatar PDM » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:15 am

Retro Sci-Fi, or Steampunk and Victorian Era costume looks, with maybe a steam engine looking back pack, or equipment would be a nice addition. But hey, as long as the game gives me the look, and feel of our beloved COH, on release, I'll be happy to wait for the costuming, seasonal events, and other stuff to catch up. 👍👏👍👍
I am for it :)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

MikaMerrow

Postby MikaMerrow » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:56 pm

I have another one.. The first part should be relatively simple.. no legs. Just take the existing legs and give it a "invisible" option, and when you do that, all pants-style costumes become unusable- but flowing options like skirts are still good. I'm envisioning a couple things here- a ghost/wraith that floats instead of walks, a robot with an anti-grav propulsion system are the first that come to mind.

For the future, it'd be cool to have a similar option of making legs invis, blocking pants, and letting us have "alternate" legs like snake (naga) or tentacles. Colorable, but with set animations. Of course, the examples I'm providing have large hit box style, it would probably have to be toned down to fit normal character hit box :mrgreen:

ImageImageImageImage
Agreed on the leg options. Also, if there will be water (aka lakes/oceans), a mermaid tail would be nice, and horse legs for land. At the very least I'd love to have wings and goat legs (I can bring my demongirl over then muahahaha). It's really boring to have JUST humans, especially when monstergirls are around. Basically, should have these in the parts:

Blaze Rocker

Postby Blaze Rocker » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:14 pm

Would be nice to see serpentine and quadruped forms, but I'll be satisfied with bipedal forms as long as the primary goal is focusing the majority of development efforts towards launch.
When you defund the police, the terrorists win.

Novaterian

Postby Novaterian » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:01 am

I'd like to see some sort of cosmic body. Something similar to how wonder girls outfit is with a starry background. Basically looking like a space bodied human. Or maybe something like Nova. wink wink nudge nudge.

I think something like an astral body would be cool. something to make your character look like they are floating, Danny Phantom style maybe.

I know these are more or less physical attributes as opposed to simply costume but what can i say. Guess im more of a minimalist when it comes to costume designs. I'm sure i will work well with whatever is given to us.
I Shall shed my light over dark evil.
For the dark things cannot stand the light.
The light of the Green Lantern

Atma

Postby Atma » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:18 am

I'd like to see fox/cat/wolf tails and ears, hakama, classic asian bamboo hats, wide sleeved robes/top pieces. For some reason (probably physx) this last one is very rare in games. Also, all kinds of tibetan/buddhist/taoist/shinto/onmyodo priest's, monk's and shrine maiden garments. Bangles, bracelets and collars of various precious materials. It would be nice if we could put these in the wrists, ankles, biceps and neck. Also, not sure if this is the place but i think having some long hairstyles that could be tied/untied at will would be really neat. here's some examples:
Image Image
Image Image
"Knock, and He'll open the door.
Vanish, and He'll make you shine like the sun.
Fall, and He'll raise you to the heavens.
Become nothing, and He'll turn you into everything."

Odee

Postby Odee » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:15 pm

I have another one.. The first part should be relatively simple.. no legs. Just take the existing legs and give it a "invisible" option, and when you do that, all pants-style costumes become unusable- but flowing options like skirts are still good. I'm envisioning a couple things here- a ghost/wraith that floats instead of walks, a robot with an anti-grav propulsion system are the first that come to mind.

For the future, it'd be cool to have a similar option of making legs invis, blocking pants, and letting us have "alternate" legs like snake (naga) or tentacles. Colorable, but with set animations. Of course, the examples I'm providing have large hit box style, it would probably have to be toned down to fit normal character hit box :mrgreen:

You gave the Devs a coronary! Code Blue Systems room, STAT! 💯🤣

pheeonix

Postby pheeonix » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:29 pm

I would like a uniform like this for male and female
I play female toons , but it would be cool to have matching uniforms in case you wanted to play as an organization within the ship . So if you wanted to role play a covert organization or play as black ops , or what ever , you could have matching uniforms .

Odee

Postby Odee » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:16 pm

Phoenix, I believe that one is available. At least for one of the signature enemy bosses it is.

I think it'd be interesting if certain costume unlocks, happened after defeating X number of villain bosses.
;)

Postby Avatar PDM » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:26 am

Phoenix, I believe that one is available. At least for one of the signature enemy bosses it is.

I think it'd be interesting if certain costume unlocks, happened after defeating X number of villain bosses.
;)
generally I don´t mind if clothes unlock after certain missions or lvls but then it also should always be possible to change the optics of the character

pheeonix

Postby pheeonix » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:03 pm

Something I haven't noticed yet are high heal boots
from the videos I saw , everyone was flat footed
I would like to see some boot variation with heals

Postby Avatar PDM » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:15 am

I would like a uniform like this for male and female
I play female toons , but it would be cool to have matching uniforms in case you wanted to play as an organization within the ship . So if you wanted to role play a covert organization or play as black ops , or what ever , you could have matching uniforms .

interesting picture (wouldn´t mind seeing that around at all - I like the slightly goth like looke) :)
somehow I have to think about Animes now :D

Major Victory

Postby Major Victory » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:27 am

1. Striped pants ala Uncle Sam or TImely's The Destroyer.
2. Shirts/tops/blouses with collars, big ones too. and able to have the collars different color than the shirt/blouse. See Miss Victory from Captain Fearless and Miss Victory comics
3. Striped shirts/blouses
4. Stars for tops and bottoms
5. Shorts - not just briefs or bikini bottoms but actual shorts from hot pants to down to the knees type shorts. Also high waists so as to hide the belly button, style of the 1940s and 50s. See 1940s Phantom Lady, both versions or Miss Victory or original Black Cat.
6. Open or mostly open shirts/blouses for men and women. And if you can have the option of men showing off a hairy chest, do that too. Sort of the old 70's style outfits.

OH LORD IN HEAVEN!!!! The 70's!!!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... s-ago.html

7. And let's not forget vests, either closed or hanging open. And with fringes. Oh! I remember wearing a leather fringe vest when I was in junior high! Thought I was so cool! :lol:
8. Bell bottoms are where it is at! First for sailors then for swingers.
9. Different cape lengths, from just at the waist to just below the butt to right at the knees to ankle length. An inside color and an outside color.
10. Bandana's - ala DC's original Vigilante and some other more recent guy from the 90s that I can't think of. As well as some of the old Green Hornet comics of the 40s. Also Lady Luck had a veil or see through bandana.
11. Masks that covers the upper half of the face with a veil for the lower half. They did this in one of the old Green Hornet movie serials and had his insignia on the veil part. I always though that it looked pretty cool.
12. Headbands from simple leather like Tonto from the old Lone Ranger TV show to tiara like headbands ala Wonder Woman to one like in Naruto or like those shown in older Superman comics when showing folks from Krypton.
13. Chainmail/Scale mail like the Shining Knight from DC wears. Or Captain America's scale mail shirt, when the artist remembers that it is scalemail and not cloth with weird doodles on it.
14. Dresses - see Lady Luck, Blonde Phantom, The Woman in Red, Pat Patriot, etc
15. Backless blouses - see Black Cat and others
16. Two colored outfit like the original 40s Daredevil.

guess that's enough for now. :D

Major Victory

Postby Major Victory » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:32 am

Yeah retro futuristic! Padded/ringed shoulders like Captain Comet's outfit had and some Flash Gordon outfits too. And fins on the cowls like the original Starman and Adam Strange had.
I am for it :)

Return to “General Discussion”