Costume Request Thread

Dragonfire

Costume Request Thread

Postby Dragonfire » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:13 pm

We had this thread in CoH/V, and it's on HaV, so I thought I'd have one here also so there's a single place to post and for devs to see the costume requested pieces for characters by the community. And then, developers can check things off a list afterwards :).

I'll get it started:
*toga with sandals/mercury sandals, and laurel wreath for the head, and a mercury winged helmet
*jeans, cut off jean shorts, bell bottom jeans
*male swim trunks and speedo; female bikini and one-piece swimsuits of various cuts.
*t-shirt with round and v neck, and low-cut neck for female characters
*tank top
*knuckle gloves, spiked knuckle gloves
*ninja costumes (think MK2 and MK3 male and female ninjas)
*cyberninja costumes (think MK3 inspirations)
*regular tights for pants, shirts (long sleeve) with logos centered on the chest, and over the right or left chest
*logo option for right and left shoulders
*costume pieces: shirt/pants that are fabric, matte, gloss, padded, armored (think Batman Begins/Dark Night armoring, comic-style armoring);
*helmets: full bird / eagle helmet, bird/eagle with face open and with mask; full lizard/dragon, dragon/eagle with face open and with mask; mechanical versions of the same;
*gloves: forearm length, wrist length, captain america style folded,
*boots: sneakers, women's flats and heels, penny loafers, dress shoes/tuxedo shoes
*costume sets: tuxedo (male and female, with a skirt option), suit (male and female, with a skirt option), ninja, classic hero (think silver age), mediaeval knight (plate armor, chain armor, fabric covers that drape below the waist, various helmets, broadswords, morningstars, spears, etc); Roman centurion armor; Greek armor; Spartan (300 movie) armor (m/f); Iron-Man-esque/Positron-esque armor sets
*masks: flash, robin styles, full face styles
*eyepieces: various cyclops goggles, two-eyed goggles
*costume pieces: robot arms, legs, torsoes, heads that look like the terminator and various sci-fi robots
*capes/wings: angel wings, bat wings, dragon wings, metallic bird wings, metallic dragon wings, metallic bat wings (think Archangel, and various wing types from CoH); capes: superman style, batman styles, various lengths, one shoulder, two shoulder, clasp, no clasp, corded.

It's late but I can come up with more later, and I'm sure everyone else has some great ideas too.
Last edited by Dragonfire on Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Costume Request Thread

Postby Avatar PDM » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:47 am

I am not sure, I think in one way or another a lot of this topic has been around already but why not sounds like fun :)
Armor (also Armor pieces - tech like or medieval or antique :) )
Robotic Optics (also single robotic limbs or breast or head parts - also like half head implantations like one eye normal, one eye robotic)
Robes (think about Sorcerers)
medieval optics with Tunika and parts like that
Leather Optics

just a few fast thoughts - will get back to it :)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Cpt_Media

Postby Cpt_Media » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:28 pm

The list should be empty until CAPES are available.

'Nuff Said.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:16 pm

They have capes! They are not happy with how they are moving in-game though, which is why you only see the shorty cape on Dr Strikewell.

Once they get the capes how they want them, watch for a number of signature characters to start wearing them.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:31 am

capes (or back outfits - so to call ;) ) are a very wide field and so I hope they will have the fitting varieties - like having capes with hoods, capes with neck-shields, capes in all length variations I don´t have to mention but what I also believe might be interesting are capes, which cover only one body side
Oh and of course: WINGS - for Angels, Demons, Bats, Birds, Dragons, Bones, Tech, Damaged, Energy, Flames - I think you got it ;)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

DestinyPlayer

Postby DestinyPlayer » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:41 pm

At least a few bug-eye variations that can be put on a full helmet, and aren't as darkly textured as the ones that were in CoH would be nice.

Postby Avatar PDM » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:35 am

right :)
helmets are important too :)

full helmets in tech style, medieval style, Robot Style, Alien Style, regular work helmets (all of them good for dozen variations ;) )
and of course others like roman style, samurai style and such stuff :)

Voidblazer

Postby Voidblazer » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:19 pm

Head and brow fins. Not like fish fins, but sharp metallic or transparent/holographic. There were many varieties of these in the "old world". The swept fin was my favorite, fins that swept from the brow, back and out above the ears. It gave the hero a pretty dramatic profile. My dear Polaris Flux had these, and they really made him stand out (I won millions in costume contests!), especially combined with finned gloves and boots.
Life is like an anole. Sometimes it's green, and sometimes it's brown, but it's always a small Caribbean lizard.

Postby Avatar PDM » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:00 am

Head and brow fins. Not like fish fins, but sharp metallic or transparent/holographic. There were many varieties of these in the "old world". The swept fin was my favorite, fins that swept from the brow, back and out above the ears. It gave the hero a pretty dramatic profile. My dear Polaris Flux had these, and they really made him stand out (I won millions in costume contests!), especially combined with finned gloves and boots.
holographic optics are a great idea in general :)
Like Energy Body Parts and stuff like that :D

Voidblazer

Postby Voidblazer » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:29 am

holographic optics are a great idea in general :)
Like Energy Body Parts and stuff like that :D
Yes! It is the 25th century after all. I'd imagine forcefield holographic technology would be fairly advanced at this point. I really like the Promethean borgs with the holographic arm for spellcasting. They add a nice hyper-futuristic element to them...would be nice to have those options for our heroes! Holographic HUDs, and other accents. Good stuff!
Life is like an anole. Sometimes it's green, and sometimes it's brown, but it's always a small Caribbean lizard.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:05 pm

I want to create a fully holographic character
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:15 am

I want to create a fully holographic character
thats what I am talking about - Holographic Characters, Energy Beings, Fire or Electricity Bodies :D

indigowulf

Postby indigowulf » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:36 am

I know it's already assumed, but putting my votes in for aliens and animals parts.
~indigowulf global, SG Feral Storm (future founder!)

Luna Eclypse

Postby Luna Eclypse » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:37 pm

It would be some extra modeling work but, no matter what ends up being available for headgear, I would like to see all of the hairstyles still have models coming out of said headgear instead of it just disappearing and suddenly making you bald like in so many other games, CoH included. At the very least, say if it's some kind of military helmet, a semi-flat hair texture above the neck to imply it's tucked up inside would be nice.

Besides that, and I know they're still working on capes, I'd like to see some larger cloaks/mantles that go around the shoulders and arms if they think they can make arm movement physically react against them without too much clipping. Maybe with that could come physics-enabled trench coats that behave better around leg movement than we've seen elsewhere in the past? None of this is a deal breaker, Being an artist, I'm a very detail-oriented person and these are the kinds of details I feel get overlooked a lot. I know physics engines can be finicky and they're not perfect, I just don't think I can rattle off any amount of more typical costume suggestions that won't already be considered without a much thought.

Well, maybe one thing... some big 80s glam metal hair? Or just long layered curly/wavy hair? ;)
"The Remarkable Dazzling"
Luna Eclypse
Old-Fashioned

indigowulf

Postby indigowulf » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:02 pm

Yes Luna Eclipse, I agree! It'd be so nice, cloak and dagger, little red riding hood, jedis, and so many others sport fine examples! Something like this? (optional hood)
~indigowulf global, SG Feral Storm (future founder!)

Return to “General Discussion”