Spare Time Activities

indigowulf

Re: Spare Time Activities

Postby indigowulf » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:49 pm

Golden Ace mentioned pokémon first, I was just agreeing lol. I love collecting little cutesie pets. All the way back to the pet rock, tomaguchi, and the pokémon craze, people have shown they love virtual pets that they can raise, train, and even battle- it's rewarding. Real pets aren't always an option for people (apartments, whatever) and really powerful pets like charizard for example don't actually exist. This satisfies something that seems to be a widespread desire. Battling in an arena or just 1v1 with a willing participant you run into on the street would be fun, but I would be satisfied just having a cute alien puppy following me around. (when not on my commander, I want that one to have an army of cute alien puppies! lol)
~indigowulf global, SG Feral Storm (future founder!)

olepi

Postby olepi » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:36 pm

Of course there's going to be a Holodeck where players can create their own environments, right?

:mrgreen:
2020: 43 years on the Net.

Vertigo Blue

Postby Vertigo Blue » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:40 pm

Working in a museum must be super fun, Avatar. Do you help set up exhibitions? Art, science, or other?

- The Disco ? OK am open for ideas - some people hating tecno and preferring Beethoven maybe ;)?

Haha, I like this! Battle of the Bands would be great too!

Seriously though, lets see...the Disco could feature some kind of cyber mafia, drug cartel baddies and drug raids? Could also go with something like black hat hackers/black market type stuff. Could be a solid hang out for the The Yekus as they're mercs...

The Prometheans could be there involved in some kind of mind hijacking drugs/stims plot? Actually, can someone clarify whether the The Prometheans are Borg-like baddies (Star Trek-esque) or if they're just a regular faction keen on taking over the ship?

Vertigo Blue

Postby Vertigo Blue » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:43 pm

Of course there's going to be a Holodeck where players can create their own environments, right?

:shock:

WANT!

Landrymat

Postby Landrymat » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:23 pm

Yes Beethoven please!! And Vivaldi

Solari

Postby Solari » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:12 am

If you're a fan of Vivaldi then you might want to have a listen to Max Richter's recomposition of the Four Seasons. If you haven't already, that is. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oYWfJuMGMA

I bought the DVD 5.1+CD edition and love it.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:02 pm

yes for all of this, including pokémon lol
Hey Indigo :)
maybe you can fill me in ;)
I am not sure if I understand that comment right - Pokemon.
Ok I know what that is, but I am not sure, what it means here.
My idea could be that we also have an Arena in which we could have like Duels in a Sports-like way. The question is just, if you expect pets to battle or if the heroes also (when they don´t have pets) can battle themselves (like having a Sports League in which heroes could become a member and use their powers in a sports event)
Basically a bunch of different types of animals running around the ship. certain types in certain areas, flying types might be on the tops of buildings making nests, some in the parks etc. they don't do damage or attack or otherwise hinder the environment you can however catch, and collect them even have one follow you around.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:35 am

Golden Ace mentioned pokémon first, I was just agreeing lol. I love collecting little cutesie pets. All the way back to the pet rock, tomaguchi, and the pokémon craze, people have shown they love virtual pets that they can raise, train, and even battle- it's rewarding. Real pets aren't always an option for people (apartments, whatever) and really powerful pets like charizard for example don't actually exist. This satisfies something that seems to be a widespread desire. Battling in an arena or just 1v1 with a willing participant you run into on the street would be fun, but I would be satisfied just having a cute alien puppy following me around. (when not on my commander, I want that one to have an army of cute alien puppies! lol)
I think G.A. meant ecactly what you thought about :)
And somehow I find the idea cute :) - so you don´t just hunt for badges (like flying over Atlas Globe to get that one on the globe) but you also hunt for pets and collect them (maybe getting a badge for a certain variety and number :)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:36 am

Still, somehow I like the idea G.A. brought me to - although I seems not to have meant the Arena Part when talking about Pokemon I would like to add the idea of a Sports Arena where heroes and players can have some kind of friendly combat to test their abilities :)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:40 am

:shock:

WANT!
Yep like I already mentioned - that would be great fun and solve a lot of fun places positioning problems :)

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:41 am

Working in a museum must be super fun, Avatar. Do you help set up exhibitions? Art, science, or other?

- The Disco ? OK am open for ideas - some people hating tecno and preferring Beethoven maybe ;)?

Seriously though, lets see...the Disco could feature some kind of cyber mafia, drug cartel baddies and drug raids? Could also go with something like black hat hackers/black market type stuff. Could be a solid hang out for the The Yekus as they're mercs...

The Prometheans could be there involved in some kind of mind hijacking drugs/stims plot? Actually, can someone clarify whether the The Prometheans are Borg-like baddies (Star Trek-esque) or if they're just a regular faction keen on taking over the ship?
I like your ideas :) sounds great and fits to it - of course a Disco is a great place for Mercs (as a Star Wars Fan I should have thought about that ;) ), also the thing with Cyber Mafia, Black Market and things like that sounds fitting :)

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:46 am

If you're a fan of Vivaldi then you might want to have a listen to Max Richter's recomposition of the Four Seasons. If you haven't already, that is. :)

thanks for the Info :) will look into it
Vivaldi is in fact one of my favorites - but I also like Smetana or Mussorgsky very much :) (for people who like Classic those should be looked into - but most propably you know them anyway ;) )

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:48 am

yes for all of this, including pokémon lol
Hey Indigo :)
maybe you can fill me in ;)
I am not sure if I understand that comment right - Pokemon.
Ok I know what that is, but I am not sure, what it means here.
My idea could be that we also have an Arena in which we could have like Duels in a Sports-like way. The question is just, if you expect pets to battle or if the heroes also (when they don´t have pets) can battle themselves (like having a Sports League in which heroes could become a member and use their powers in a sports event)
Basically a bunch of different types of animals running around the ship. certain types in certain areas, flying types might be on the tops of buildings making nests, some in the parks etc. they don't do damage or attack or otherwise hinder the environment you can however catch, and collect them even have one follow you around.
as answered to Vertigo ;)

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:54 am

Sorry Vertigo
just remembered, you have been asking me another question too ;)
Yep working there is great - combines the things, I like most: Art and History (and language of course ;) ). My part actually is more the office work in the background with book-keeping, personell, contracts, marketing, communication in general :)
And as you might have guessed already ;): We are mostly into art - we got two parts of which our Museum consists: An Art Gallery with European Art mostly from the 10th to the 19th Century (italian, french, netherlands, german) and an Antiques Department with Greek, Roman and Egyptian works. In that part we are also the 3rd biggest collection in Germany and the biggest University-Collection in Continental Europe (so exception of England ;) ).
So, with close to 60.000 pieces we are quite a nice collection I would say :) (and I work in a Palace with my office having its windows in direction of the court gardens - what could be better ;)?)

Landrymat

Postby Landrymat » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:16 am

It’s wonderful!! Thanks for the link.

Return to “General Discussion”