Spare Time Activities

Spare Time Activities

Postby Avatar PDM » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:50 am

First of all - if I missed the topic, where that has been discussed before I apologize and you can close it again.

Now, to the reason why I opened it ;). I noticed, that we had a lot of spare time activity chats and thought we could make a collectors topic out of it :).

I personally believe that those activities are great for bringing live to a game and to a community helping to relax, to bond and having time to learn more about fellow players since during a mission you normally don´t chat about your family and work but mostly about the next villain who you want to send to hell ;).
And of course it gives extra depths to the RP character and gives more of a real feeling to your characters - and of course CoH showed us, that it is a lot of fun too :)

So we had our conversations about BBQs, bars, disco-like places (like Pocket D), beaches and also fishing :).
I would like to use that topic to collect either existing links (LOOKING HINT-LIKE to Golden Ace whose Super power "Finding hidden Infos" is :shock: :D - sorry of course only if you like and have time, if I do it, it may take a little bit since I only use work breaks to be online here and they are quite short for searching)
Or would like to collect spare time ideas - so what could be interesting doing when not kicking people around ;)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Re: Spare Time Activities

Postby Avatar PDM » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:26 am

Now setting an example, if I already make people using time here ;)

- Beach (we gathered ideas here like a beach bar, places with umbrellas and towels to lie there, a beach catwalk for Costume Events ;) and maybe music and some tropical island like NPCs ;)

- Fishing - as I understand it, that is a different kind of relaxing, so I could picture a little place in some park, trees around a little river with some stones inside and a small waterfall on one side of that place and a little wooden bridge on the other side (looking from that little place at the river, where people could sit in peace and tranquility - in that case I would recommend only the sound of water a little bit of wind and birds as background "music" - that idea could be extented to hunting to but I wouldn´t need that one

- Bar / Disco - ok basically that one speaks for itself BUT PLEASE if you decide to have a place like that PLEASE have different stages (with different music) or at least let players decide what kind of music they are hearing (I always hated that tecno stuff at Pocket D).
So my idea would be, that a player can select the kind of music when entering (which kind of would fit into a future tech scenario too) - and if we want to make it extra complicated but more fun ;) than there could also be the possibility to invite people to share the music with you (so to speak) so you both (or more maybe the group) can hear the same :) - while thinking of it, that could be combined - a team hears the same music - so if you want somebody hearing what you hear you invite him in your team (not SG of course)

- Museum - This is a place I believe to be extraordinary important !!! (and not just because I work in one ;) ) though I have to admit, it would take enough work to be a project for way later - It would be a place, which I believe makes sense thinking about the fact, that this is a ship which had to leave its home because of various reasons and people being away from home need a place which reminds them of the past and the place their ancestors called home and loved.
It could have a Nature Part with a few animals, an Art Gallery (of course that would be made up art because of copyright, but that could be done by fans (contest?)) with a few pictures a Library (which you partly maybe could read some data on a terminal?), A Cafe where you can sit, eat, discuss stuff
AND of course my most favourite part for that ;) A Hero Gallery: A place where you would have the Statues of the old Heroes, the Legends either as 3D Holo versions or in metal or stone -
maybe a few pictures and text infoes about former battles :)

- Obersvatory - We are on a space ship a obervatory should come natural, where you could walk around see some 3D holo pictures from a star system, some stones a few planet 3D holos and things like that (could also be in the museum ;) but mustn´t

So much for my first thought I am looking forward what you think about it and got to share :)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Postby Avatar PDM » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:28 am

oh and thinking of it - if place in the city is a problem
maybe things like the beach or the fishing place could be like a pocket reality thing (Holo Deck to speak trekish ;) )

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:43 am

I’m a few thousand miles away from home right now on my iPhone only this week Visiting family in Albuquerque. If I have a chance to Saturday night After I get home I will look into this.

Add Pokémon to the list
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Postby Avatar PDM » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:57 am

I’m a few thousand miles away from home right now on my iPhone only this week Visiting family in Albuquerque. If I have a chance to Saturday night After I get home I will look into this.

Add Pokémon to the list
Well, than I wish you a wonderful visit and stay with your family and a safe and good trip back home and take care of yourself :)

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:02 am

:D
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Landrymat

Postby Landrymat » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:42 am

I love the museums idea for the history/lore part of it for sure. I was thinking they could also create an entire “entertainment” level on one of the modules of the ship. It could’ be a carnival theme with sounds of mini games and laughter. Balloons and npcs walking around with cotton candy. Also maybe they do things like just placing “sport type venues” around in some places. I do t know if “basketball/baseball” etc would still be played they same way if at all in their game. But they could place a “basketball court” outside a mission instance while Groups are getting organized or even on tops of a super tall building as a little easter egg

indigowulf

Postby indigowulf » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:35 pm

yes for all of this, including pokémon lol
~indigowulf global, SG Feral Storm (future founder!)

Vertigo Blue

Postby Vertigo Blue » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:56 pm

- Obersvatory - We are on a space ship a obervatory should come natural, where you could walk around see some 3D holo pictures from a star system, some stones a few planet 3D holos and things like that (could also be in the museum ;) but mustn´t

YES! I'd love to be able to hang out on a space observatory deck. Maybe a huge domed window/terrace that looks out into space too...with a galaxy/nebula streaking the sky in the background. I'd pitch a tent and live there.

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:38 pm

Avatar ... I do like all your thoughts ... but
So much for my first thought I am looking forward what you think about it and got to share :)
the one that caught my eye was " Observatory " ... we are in space after all ...and the view from an observation deck and the Tell - a - scope we have on the ship ... ( ooooh my heart skipped a beat) ... could be a " VLA Very large Array " ... like the one in Socorro, New Mexico , That array is only 13 miles long ... the one on the Justice could be 20 miles and in space away from any atmosphere interference ... and add in reflective telescopes into each dish arrangement ... like or better than the " Hubble " and we could see forever ...
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Postby Avatar PDM » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:31 am

YES! I'd love to be able to hang out on a space observatory deck. Maybe a huge domed window/terrace that looks out into space too...with a galaxy/nebula streaking the sky in the background. I'd pitch a tent and live there.
nice idea Vertigo - got to admit that one was still in the picture I described :) (yep, the ceiling has to have a Nebulae - Milky Way like look :) (maybe the Crab Nebulae being espcecially visible or the Eagle Nebula - but I am a fan of most of them :) and the terrace has a nice sound too :)

Postby Avatar PDM » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:41 am

I love the museums idea for the history/lore part of it for sure. I was thinking they could also create an entire “entertainment” level on one of the modules of the ship. It could’ be a carnival theme with sounds of mini games and laughter. Balloons and npcs walking around with cotton candy. Also maybe they do things like just placing “sport type venues” around in some places. I do t know if “basketball/baseball” etc would still be played they same way if at all in their game. But they could place a “basketball court” outside a mission instance while Groups are getting organized or even on tops of a super tall building as a little easter egg
Well, like I mentioned I work in a Museum - therefore combining history and art with fun is natural for me ;) and like you already said - the lore would be greatly enriched and appreciated with such a place :)

About the Carnival/fun park - nice thought :) I didn´t dare mention that too but since you brought it up ;) (although I could imagine, that this place also would be like the fishing zone a place, you could enter through a portal (therefore the map doesn´t have to be changed or parts of the ship replanned - I hope that helps raising the propability to become real :)
Or like you mentioned - we put those places on buildings ;) (at least partly somehow I just cannot picture that forest scenerie for fishing on a roof)

Would also be fun if those shooting ranges you got in those fun parks would be usable with the super powers the heroes got :)

by the way - there could be special events maybe during helloween or regular carnival time (february) in which Creatures or people in Costumes (no, not heroes :D) attack the NPC Visitors - making a mission (with badge) out of that :)

Postby Avatar PDM » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:05 am

while thinking about would I just mentioned - I believe actually that is a great idea :)

when we have those places like a Museum an Observatory, a Fun Park (with Carnival Festivities), the beach, the Disco, the Fishing/Hunting Forest - those places could be the center of events twice a year

- Museum: being attacked from robbers or some activists try to take hostages or steal technology which is stored there (like maybe a powerful weapon of an old foe or a legendary hero, which is shown but not used anymore

- Observatory: Would be the target of some people who are afraid, that the Observatory notices something which should remain secret and hidden :) I recommend the longest and the shortest day of the year for that (summer or winter solstice) - would work for mystical enemies maybe too

- The Fun Park / Carnival: As mentioned should be center of attention on Helloween and Carnival Season in February (pick a date as you like ;) ) and have either Monsters/Creatures attacking visitors (from the Ghost House maybe :) ) on Helloween and costumed people (like Venetian costumes maybe) on February Date :)

- The Beach could be center of a summer attack day with amphibious or atlantic like creatures or people attacking :)

- The Disco ? OK am open for ideas - some people hating tecno and preferring Beethoven maybe ;)?

- Fishing/Hunting Forest could be in spring and fall and could be either some nature spirits attacking or some mystical pantheon like creatures (Gaia sending her creatures to guard her realm)

So we with those thoughts we have a combi of places where we can relax most of the year and twice a year (or if wanted two weeks a year if people don´t like the dates being missed too easy) you can fight and protect there :)

Postby Avatar PDM » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:07 am

Avatar ... I do like all your thoughts ... but
the one that caught my eye was " Observatory " ... we are in space after all ...and the view from an observation deck and the Tell - a - scope we have on the ship ... ( ooooh my heart skipped a beat) ... could be a " VLA Very large Array " ... like the one in Socorro, New Mexico , That array is only 13 miles long ... the one on the Justice could be 20 miles and in space away from any atmosphere interference ... and add in reflective telescopes into each dish arrangement ... like or better than the " Hubble " and we could see forever ...
yep, I am a fan of Astronomy, so this was something I would really think something would be missing, when being in space and don´t see anything of it :)
But while you where thinking about the tech aspects - you know, I am pretty positive about that - after all we are in the future ;) (and of course you are right - size and place are ideal for looking after things :) )

Postby Avatar PDM » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:12 am

yes for all of this, including pokémon lol
Hey Indigo :)
maybe you can fill me in ;)
I am not sure if I understand that comment right - Pokemon.
Ok I know what that is, but I am not sure, what it means here.
My idea could be that we also have an Arena in which we could have like Duels in a Sports-like way. The question is just, if you expect pets to battle or if the heroes also (when they don´t have pets) can battle themselves (like having a Sports League in which heroes could become a member and use their powers in a sports event)

Return to “General Discussion”