Things I want and don't want, what about you ?

Golden Ace

Re: Things I want and don't want, what about you ?

Postby Golden Ace » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:49 pm

One of the things we've been discussing internally is whether all badges need to be achievable for a player that absolutely does not want to be on a team?

What about badges for completing task forces and similar content that require teams (there will be some)? Are we, as devs, obligated to create "easier" version for players to complete in solo mode?

We'd love to hear the community's view on this issue for badges.
ah no, absolutely not. it would only cheapen the badges.
Also, we've said in the past that we would like to have some badges for players who have helped new players get started, get skilled, etc. We have not done much more than declare our intent on this matter. But what does the community think would be appropriate activities to reward for this kind of community action?
a Badge for X minutes sidekicking someone. a second badge, of the same type, for X hours of sidekicking someone. and maybe a third tier for XX hours or X days sidekicking. etc.

as for helping new players... its going to happen. I don't think we need incentive for helping new people.

I am not sure I like the idea of marking someone as new for their first few days / weeks when they play. Not a good idea. Some people will use it against them. name calling "Newb, newbie, amateur", and much worse. Not everybody playing the game is heroic. "Dude, you have only been playing the game for a week, I need someone with some experience for this task-force". *Boot*
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Blaze Rocker

Postby Blaze Rocker » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:21 pm

Golden Ace
I am not sure I like the idea of marking someone as new for their first few days / weeks when they play. Not a good idea. Some people will use it against them. name calling "Newb, newbie, amateur", and much worse. Not everybody playing the game is heroic. "Dude, you have only been playing the game for a week, I need someone with some experience for this task-force". *Boot*
That sounds rather familiar.

"I was calling for a tanker with Taunt for this TF. Gauntlet is NOT Taunt!" *Boot*

"I was calling for a healer for this TF. Having O2 Boost doesn't make you a healer. An EMPATH is a healer." *Boot*

"I was calling for a healer for this TF. Having Aid Other doesn't make you a healer. An EMPATH is a healer." *Boot*
Time to let Ol' Painless out of the bag.

Cpt_Media

Postby Cpt_Media » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:26 pm

I really didn't care all that much for badges. Although I did wish for some there was a way they would let you buy an actual pin of it when you earned it. As top some being tough, great! the easy badges were kind of a joke anyway, but badges and medals and stuff are supposed to be earned. If it is hard to get a tough to earn badge, so be it. All the better when or if you actually do. Especially something like finding for real bug. That tough, and yes it takes some luck, but also skill to figure it out. So you would deserve something special. If you never found a bug (or defeated the green hyper krakken) so be it. Life is not always going to give you everything you want, neither should games, or they would be no fun.

Return to “General Discussion”