What was your travel power of choice, and why?

Re: What was your travel power of choice, and why?

Postby Avatar PDM » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:19 am

I always thought teleport is the coolest travel power - but it doesn´t fit to any kind of character
number 2 would be super speed and if I am just being pragmatic and think about average I take flight ;)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Taivas

Postby Taivas » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:54 am

Pretty much always flight for the freedom and maneuverability. If a character's concept didn't fit with flight, I'd find a way to make it fit just so I could fly on 75% of my characters. Failing that, Superjump was always a nice compromise.

Gilbegger

Postby Gilbegger » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:03 am

Teleport / hover.....I needed nothing else.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:33 am

Fly. it is by far the best travel power. I loved Fly so I might be biased. :D

while I had all the others on my alts most of them had fly.

I remember looking up at the top of the globe and wanting to go up there I finally did it when I had hover. then later I learned the joy of true flight and never turned back. flight knows no bounds. :D
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Turtlesandwich

Postby Turtlesandwich » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:54 am

Getting hover opened up the Hollows. Suddenly there was no stress, even though it was slow you could look down at certain death with impunity.

Blue Yankee

Postby Blue Yankee » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:35 pm

I loved all of COH travel powers! It had the best teleportation mechanic I have used. The only thing I did not like was how long it took to get super speed back after getting hit.

Super speed is my favorite, but I picked my travel power for its subpower
Super jump: for tanks to get combat jumping
Super speed: for scrappers so I could run from mob to mob faster (yes I kept it on during fights)
Teleportation: for defenders so I could teleport allies to me
Flight: for blasters and controllers so I could avoid being harassed by mobs

Decaying Rose

Postby Decaying Rose » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:19 pm

Hover + Teleport + Boost Range. Had a range-enhanced Blaster with this combo, and it was the single fastest straight-line travel in the game. It was also dandy for flitting in and out of battle, or repositioning across a spawn, without having to worry about slows and the like.

Lakendra

Postby Lakendra » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:03 am

My favorite was flight. Second was teleport. With some practice it was almost as safe as flight.
Play at grand national 2018
 right now

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:28 am

My favorite was flight. Second was teleport. With some practice it was almost as safe as flight.
oh teleport was safe too - since nobody ever cared about pyhsics ;) (I mean you could fall 5 km down and 5 inch before you hit you push the teleport button and would safely "teleport" on ground - I mean what happened to the energy from the fall?? ;) )
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:02 am

Oh that makes me think of portals as a travel power.

For instance you form a portal in front of you and form another one at whatever your maximum range. And step through - this would also give other characters the chance to travel with you.

Or you could shoot a portal at the far distance and jump off a building and when you’re about ready to hit the ground you form a portal beneath you so you go through it but you retain your inertia and now you’re going sideways through the other portal At breakneck speed.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:54 am

For instance you form a portal in front of you and form another one at whatever your maximum range. And step through - this would also give other characters the chance to travel with you.

Or you could shoot a portal at the far distance and jump off a building and when you’re about ready to hit the ground you form a portal beneath you so you go through it but you retain your inertia and now you’re going sideways through the other portal At breakneck speed.
reminds me of Doorman of the Great Lake Avengers ;)

Vertigo Blue

Postby Vertigo Blue » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:09 pm

SS + SJ combo, anything else was a death sentence in PvP.

Landrymat

Postby Landrymat » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:23 am

Hover/teleport for my mind/ff troller. I just loved being a to just point and boom there I am face to face with a shocker hold him then teleport back out before he know what hit him. And I took full teleport line. I would use team teleport during the end of a tough fight just before team wipe to get out out of aggro and Rez the team back up.

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:11 am

I had all of the travel powers on various characters, but flight was my go to. For some reason, flying is just a lot of fun for me. A couple of our devs have never played a game with flight before -- the first time they fly around Apotheosis City, they are stunned at how much fun it is.

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:35 pm

GA where do you come up with all these ideas ??? ...
I want all the travel powers ... to be available to earn for your account wide for alts. ... you need to earn that right ...

AND WOW Golden Ace your suggestion is a grate one I too would love that " portal travel " ... now you got me thinking ...
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Return to “General Discussion”