What was your travel power of choice, and why?

VuDu_DawL

Re: What was your travel power of choice, and why?

Postby VuDu_DawL » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:23 pm

flight for me on almost all my characters. I did have one that had teleport and hover. and another that only had combat jumping.

denial28

Postby denial28 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:29 am

Hello there,

If you can suggest to me what is possible is that teleport to switch to jump for other location super speed how can possible? you can be suggesting which formula to use after teleport someone peoples.

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:38 am

Just to refresh everyone about travel powers, what we're working towards right now is to have flight, superspeed, and teleport as three travel powers (which are earned relatively early on in the game) available. We don't want to let the scope creep up to include other travel powers just yet.

So superjump has not been promised at the start.

However, if we can ever get our superspeed video published, you will see that our current jump power (which is kind of awesome) does add to superspeed by quite a bit. It may not be exactly what people are remembering from the combination of superspeed and combat jumping in COH, but it is a good distance along that path.

On a related note, one of our developers (I won't say a key developer because in a small team, we are all key developers) contractracted pneumonia, and was unable to work, then began to recover, and then got a second breathing problem that landed him in the hospital for a day or two. So we are behind again on the superspeed video. I'm not really superstitious, but I'm kind of feeling like this video is cursed or something.

Anyway, we are still working on it, hoping to have it published this week.

brando81373

Postby brando81373 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:11 am

Excited about the superspeed video but I hope the developer is feeling better. We can wait a little longer!

gemini

Postby gemini » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:38 am

On a related note, one of our developers (I won't say a key developer because in a small team, we are all key developers) contractracted pneumonia, and was unable to work, then began to recover, and then got a second breathing problem that landed him in the hospital for a day or two. So we are behind again on the superspeed video. I'm not really superstitious, but I'm kind of feeling like this video is cursed or something.

Anyway, we are still working on it, hoping to have it published this week.
Hope he is doing better!

brando81373

Postby brando81373 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:31 am

Flight was my choice for most of my characters. I just liked the thrill of flying and it made it easy get some badges. Superspeed was fun but it made some zones hard to navigate (skyway and dark astoria come to mind).

Midnight

Postby Midnight » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:12 pm

I did love super jump, but flight was the most utility of the travel powers, and easy to use. Just set a direction and go refill your drink while you're on your way. :D

Kelvinkole

Postby Kelvinkole » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:02 pm

I almost always took superspeed and super jump together. I remember having so much fun with super jump the first time I picked it, being able to scale tall buildings in single bound and all that .

Teleport was always awkward to me with the ground targeting and millisecond you had to recast it before falling. I hope it's executed better here.

slacktech

Postby slacktech » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:21 am

Flight on most of my characters, because I'm lazy and found it the most lazy way to travel (sometime it was thematic, but mostly it was laziness). TP on one or two, SS on a couple and SJ on, I think, one.

I liked the powers that were lower in the TP, SJ and SS pools, but that was about the only things I like about those pools.

I didn't like SS's animation.

Edit - 'fight' to 'flight'
Last edited by slacktech on Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Parabola

Postby Parabola » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:00 am

It always depended on build or theme for me. Flight and teleport tended to be theme driven; some characters were just born to fly and tp was unweildy but also so thematic. Otherwise if i wanted combat jumping in the build they would tend to end with super jump and similarly for hasten/superspeed.

If the power pools were freeform i might have chosen differently on a couple of characters but whatever they ended up with tended to become part of them. I also liked the variety so wouldn't end up with flight on everything even if i could.

namise712

Postby namise712 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:25 pm

I am likewise a character based idea. While the flight was most helpful my werewolf character surely didn't fly. A few characters, no movement control idea fit with, which is for what reason I am trusting we get vehicle skins for movement powers sooner or later.

Strife3

Postby Strife3 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:43 am

It really depended on the character
for my fire tank i had to chose jump to get acrobatics and combat jump to provide protection from knockback and Immoblise.

For the most part it was fly. the lasy travel power but I did use them all. some had super speed and afew had teleport. It fit the character or was useful/

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:56 pm

Until the first Undereworld movie came out, I would not have said that superspeed was the natural travel power of a werewolf. But when Lucien caught up with selene's speeding sports car, that was sort of awesome.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:47 am

For myself I always thought that werewolves while fast had more of a slower version of Superspeed with a lot more vertical. I guess kind of a combination of speed and acrobatics and/or combat jump.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Return to “General Discussion”