What was your travel power of choice, and why?

SickBubblegum

Re: What was your travel power of choice, and why?

Postby SickBubblegum » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:24 pm

This was always a hard choice for me! As each travel power had its pro's and con's I would always choose depending on the hero I was making.
I generally sided with either super jump or super speed for PVP advantages within the game as the travel powers (not just in CoH/CoV) generally had upgrade tiers which allowed you to slightly alter them in different directions while making them more efficient eg. increased speed but have the ability to regain super speed if knocked after 'X' seconds or allowed you to jump a little further to the next building.

I would love to see:
Super Jump
Super Speed
Flight (including cosmetics differences such as hover devices, rocket boots, elemental flight etc.)
Teleportation
Acrobatics (Combo of Jump+Speed+Glide but more of an all rounder which cannot jump as high, run as fast etc.)
Tunneling of some sort
Sliding which would be faster to your flight but requires more skill to really benefit
Swinging is always nice too.

Would love to see many customization to travel power effects through gear, achievements and other things to stand out from everyone else! :geek:

Demagogue

Postby Demagogue » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:11 pm

Just the surfer board after it was introduced - I needed the slots for pool powers mostly (picking up tp teammate if my char had heals or tricorder heals which was surprisingly effective). :D

Odee

Postby Odee » Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:06 pm

Flight for my ranged characters, because hey.... You get a height advantage bonus, right? Super jump for the melee, because I could accurately leap from foe yo foe.
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Hadder

Postby Hadder » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:11 pm

My first thought was flight but honestly but I wouldn't mind making it more interesting and could summon a mount in order to fly.

Mounts:

Winged Steed
Giant Hawk
Machine Mounts - hover jet, surf board with engines on it, etc created from your energy while spawned. Example energy level cut in half while mount is spawned. When mount despawns you slowly gain back the energy used from the mount.

Hadder
Hadder

Blaze Rocker

Postby Blaze Rocker » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:21 pm

Flight was my travel power of choice while Super Speed was my least favorite.

I haven't read all the posts in this thread but I'm going to support anyone mentioning or asking for techno-travel powers or mounts such as hoverboards and antigravity or jet-powered bikes, cars and flight packs. This is a future setting so those should be pretty common in one form or another.
How many people telling the same lie does it take for that lie to become true?

MaxOfGales

Postby MaxOfGales » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:24 am

Super jump as jumping around was fast and fun :) also Combat Defence (I think that;s what it was called) was useful for my tanks and acrobatics was great for my controllers :)

Hopefully I'm remembering correctly

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:48 am

Combat jumping
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:12 am

Super Jump was fast, fun, and could get you in SERIOUS trouble if you weren't careful! :D

It was Combat Jumping, and it was so dang useful that all of my characters had it. A small amount of defense plus extreme nimbleness, for virtually no endurance cost? Sign me up!

Acrobatics gave resistance to Knockback and Hold. I was lobbying for it to have defense added to it. That would make it a classic Batman power, avoiding almost everything thrown at him!
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Mearlin

Postby Mearlin » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:02 pm

Flying was my go to travel power. Jumping a close second.

Postby Avatar PDM » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:54 am

I kind of like that acrabatics/sliding/swinging idea brought up recently :)

Oh and while at it - I also agree with the thought that flight should not necessarily be a possesed power but also could be a mystical or technical feature :)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

gemini

Postby gemini » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:49 am

I always played kinetics, so it was a combination of Inertial Reduction and Siphon Speed ;)

I used my Pool powers on stuff like Stealth and Leadership

Odee

Postby Odee » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:25 am

For me, it was Flight for Energy Blasters and Healers. Super Jump for Melee, because I was pretty accurate timing the jumps to targets quickly. Tried Teleport, but was never very successful with it as a travel power.
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

longtallbrad

Postby longtallbrad » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:29 am

Flight for sure, mainly because it was such an enjoyable way to take in the landscape or cityscape. Whether I was heading to a mission or just cruising and exploring, I loved the "sensation" of soaring over everything and checking out the world around and underneath. It could be extremely peaceful, especially at night.

But jump was second, and nothing else was really in the running for me.

Major Victory

Postby Major Victory » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:53 am

I agree, flight first and super-jump second but only because it was so much easier to get to high places with flight instead of jump. Teleport and superspeed are movement that take a lot of concentration to do properly which is why I always ranked them much lower.

I am like a lot of other folks, I would like to have some kind of mechanical or animal movement equipment. Maybe have a vehicle to get around the ship and then jump out of it and have it hover nearby when going into action or going into a building. Along the lines of the Batplane or Wonder Woman's Invisible Jet, both of which would hover nearby if there wasn't a place to land them. Or Blue Beetle's Bug and you could swing down from the lower hatch into the action.

https://braveandboldlost.blogspot.com/2 ... g-off.html

for flight - Silver Surfer's Surfboard. Black Racer's Skies. Orion's sled. The Mobius Chair that what's his name from the New Gods always rode around in. The hover disks that Mister Miracle always used. Ye old broomstick. Winged horse like Winged Victory that the Shining Knight rode.

for superspeed - Batmobile, Black Beauty, Batgirl's cycle, Arrowcar with its catapult function to launch them onto the 2nd or third story ledges, a superhorse with superspeed.

for leaping - golden age Wonder Woman's Kangas
https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/02/07 ... -spoilers/

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:17 am

You win. I was completely unaware of wonder woman’s kangaroo…
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Return to “General Discussion”