What was your travel power of choice, and why?

POD

What was your travel power of choice, and why?

Postby POD » Wed May 30, 2018 12:52 pm

For me it was speedster for gameplay, BUT flight was the one that I liked for hanging around the statues and socializing, never did like jump, and teleport gave me vertigo.

Warhead

Re: What was your travel power of choice, and why?

Postby Warhead » Wed May 30, 2018 4:14 pm

I really chose based on the power set and concept of the character. For instance, my character Cricket had super jump, Warhead had flight being like a rocket. I had a military brat type character and didn't feel super travel powers fit with her But I went with the stamina power set and gave her the slightly faster run speed and slight jump improvement because I figured she was in top physical shape. My favorite though was super jump then flight.

Actjcksn

Postby Actjcksn » Wed May 30, 2018 4:15 pm

My favorite was flight. Second was teleport. With some practice it was almost as safe as flight. Zooming past everyone was very cool with super speed and super jump was unique and fun, but flight was my default.
(aka GregoryKC66)
3) Expect the Plan to go off the rails...
4) ...Throw away the Plan

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Wed May 30, 2018 5:50 pm

Flight on most of my characters. but I dipped into the travel power pools quite a bit for all of them. Ace had flight, and recall friend. one marshal arts /super reflexes scrapper of mine had no travel power whatsoever. he did however have hasten, combat jumping and acrobatics. he was a tough bugger and will all his boosts he could run nearly as fast as a super speeder.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Wed May 30, 2018 6:18 pm

If I could only pick one power IRL, I would be torn between Invisibility and Flight, but flight would most definitely win. The very idea of flying makes my spine tingle!

"But Glad, what about Super Strength? How about Invulnerability?" Well, Super Strength would suck without Invulnerability. Try lifting a car over your head with your current body! And Invulnerability would leave you with no sensations. So you would not feel a kiss, or a hot shower, or a kitty cat rubbing against your bare leg. So without Super Strength to make up for all that, Invul would SUCK!.

Remember, I said only one power. If I could pick two, I would go Invul/ SS and 'settle' for Super Jump!
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Wed May 30, 2018 6:47 pm

If I could only pick one power IRL, I would be torn between Invisibility and Flight, but flight would most definitely win. The very idea of flying makes my spine tingle!

"But Glad, what about Super Strength? How about Invulnerability?" Well, Super Strength would suck without Invulnerability. Try lifting a car over your head with your current body! And Invulnerability would leave you with no sensations. So you would not feel a kiss, or a hot shower, or a kitty cat rubbing against your bare leg. So without Super Strength to make up for all that, Invul would SUCK!.

Remember, I said only one power. If I could pick two, I would go Invul/ SS and 'settle' for Super Jump!
well if I could only have one power... Mind control. The Purple Man. Kilgrave.

mereman

Postby mereman » Wed May 30, 2018 7:00 pm

I used all of them but the one I used most was flight.
Still in mourning for CoH

Zagadka

Postby Zagadka » Wed May 30, 2018 7:07 pm

Prefer jump. It is more versatile at both close and long ranges, and generally faster than fly. Was also very useful for disengaging quickly.

Red5

Postby Red5 » Thu May 31, 2018 12:04 am

Me? Hands down Flight. And with that hover. Loved hover, back when you could get it to move as fast as a person natural run. But mostly just LOVE!!! Flying.

Though I admit, I too had themed characters and most of them had different travel Powers so I had done them all. Even had a couple that had zero travel powers.
...reporting in.

Solari

Postby Solari » Thu May 31, 2018 6:06 am

For my main: Super Jump - pretty obvious given he's the Human Flea. :)

I had flight on my regular defender alt but mostly used hover in fights.

zapped

Postby zapped » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:46 pm

For practical purposes in CoH mine was superspeed and super jump.

When I first started playing I have a slower computer so I needed to be able to get to zones faster than my teammates to make up for longer load times.

Sentinel King

Postby Sentinel King » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:29 pm

In CoX, I was always partial to teleport. While not as cool as the others, it was incredibly versatile in many situations. Once I got the hang of keybinding, I become a precision-teleporter with ultimate tactical mobility. Roots couldn't stop me, slows didn't phase me and there was nothing like it for putting some much-needed distance between me and a cranky Archvillain when Unstoppable was about to drop.

My biggest beef with teleport was that it needed added-slots be be great where superspeed and jump were great with just the base slot.

indigowulf

Postby indigowulf » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:28 pm

I am also character concept based. While flight was most convenient (afk bio travelling lol) my werewolf character certainly didn't fly. Some characters, no travel power concept fit with, which is why I'm hoping we get "vehicle" skins for travel powers at some point.. while superspeed may not fit the concept of a natural character, riding a zippy motorcycle around on her would fit just fine!
~indigowulf global, SG Feral Storm (future founder!)

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:07 pm

I am also character concept based. While flight was most convenient (afk bio travelling lol) my werewolf character certainly didn't fly. Some characters, no travel power concept fit with, which is why I'm hoping we get "vehicle" skins for travel powers at some point.. while superspeed may not fit the concept of a natural character, riding a zippy motorcycle around on her would fit just fine!
Car surfing!

Postby Avatar PDM » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:14 am

got to agree with G.A. - if it would be only one power it would be mental in nature - telepathy if you would be narrowed enough - using 100% of your brain potential would probably giving even more than just one mental power though and I think could count as one ;)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Return to “General Discussion”