What you call a "ship" is really a space station

VulcanXtian

What you call a "ship" is really a space station

Postby VulcanXtian » Tue May 08, 2018 2:10 am

One thing my friend and I couldn't help but notice: if you say people in this game live on gigantic ships with huge cities on them, that's really a space station, not a spaceship. This is very obvious to me and other friends from a more 'scifi fans' background. I know you've probably already grown attached to the "Ship of Heroes" name and concept, but I just thought you should consider if it's really an accurate description.

AxerJ

Re: What you call a "ship" is really a space station

Postby AxerJ » Tue May 08, 2018 2:39 am

Station of Heroes :?

Edit: Actually, seems like it could be one of those weird names that becomes strangely catchy and unexamined :P

Postby Avatar PDM » Tue May 08, 2018 3:26 am

One thing my friend and I couldn't help but notice: if you say people in this game live on gigantic ships with huge cities on them, that's really a space station, not a spaceship. This is very obvious to me and other friends from a more 'scifi fans' background. I know you've probably already grown attached to the "Ship of Heroes" name and concept, but I just thought you should consider if it's really an accurate description.
Sorry if I have to correct your correction but if you and your friends have a Sci Fi backround you should notice that a space station does not move or only a little bit and under complicated circumstances (therefore station as in stationary).

A ship on the other hand is something which is created to move between places. And don´t feel irritated about the propable fact, that this ship never lands (if that is your reason), as a Sci Fi Fan you should be familiar with Star Wars and Star Trek.

Just think about a Star Destroyer or the USS Enterprise - Ships which are build in space and are (according to the claim) to big to land on a planet - thinking about it, USS Vojager they even mentioned, that it was small enough to land on a planet unlike the big ones, so Ships with a certain size move through space but they stay there (except they crash).

And if your irritation is about life on a Space Ship just think about Star Trek again - they have generation ships, borg cubes etc. - a lot of Ships where people live on - without ever leaving them.

Oh and if the form is irritating you, just remember, that there are no ups and downs in space - so where and how a room is positioned in a space ship is basically irrelevant.

That specific "Ship" here is supposed to be a place which moves between worlds in given time so the name ship is definitely more accurate than the word station.

About those informations you can read them in the backstory the Devs put online. Read them, they are interesting and might help you with some confusions which might appear here and there - they really thought it through pretty well (nobody is perfect but this one is easy to find)

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Tue May 08, 2018 7:39 am

The Justice is traveling through space at warp speeds between planet stops. There will be encounters with alien ships (both allies and enemies) That will be unique and (hopefully :D) fun! It is hard for me to think of it as a 'station', as it is far from stationary. Part of the charm of this game is that the ship will make planetfall at several planets over a cycle. This will allow very diverse content over the next few years.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Postby Avatar PDM » Tue May 08, 2018 7:43 am

The Justice is traveling through space at warp speeds between planet stops. There will be encounters with alien ships (both allies and enemies) That will be unique and (hopefully :D) fun! It is hard for me to think of it as a 'station', as it is far from stationary. Part of the charm of this game is that the ship will make planetfall at several planets over a cycle. This will allow very diverse content over the next few years.
as mentioned ;)
but a short question - is the expression Warp Speed correct since we are not in Star Trek ;)? (thinking about it - seriously I actually don´t know if they made it up or if that is really existing)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Tue May 08, 2018 7:44 am

I am pretty sure it’s a ship The F. H. S. Justice
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Tue May 08, 2018 7:54 am

Must admit, I've quite liked the idea of a heroship ever since I heard of SoH. The possibilities for alien lifeforms are endless, I can only imagine the sort of missions we could end up with. Can't be a space station by any stretch of the imagination though, space stations stay in one place, this ship will be moving from planet to planet and, presumably, coming across alien vessels in space.
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

Return to “General Discussion”