Ship of Heroes Videos

Landrymat

Re: Ship of Heroes Videos

Postby Landrymat » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:39 am

So I made this video just to make it because I’m happy this game exists. It’s my first attempt at making videos and I just wanted to start to help show my support.

https://youtu.be/et4N43HW-3E

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:34 am

So I made this video just to make it because I’m happy this game exists. It’s my first attempt at making videos and I just wanted to start to help show my support.

I've updated the op. Thank you for the video. just an fyi the levels on that map you found are unofficial.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Landrymat

Postby Landrymat » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:42 am

I've updated the op. Thank you for the video. just an fyi the levels on that map you found are unofficial.
You’re welcome and thank you for the update about the map.

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:10 pm

Nice video. Added to the list on my blog. Thanks ;)
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
Super Heroes in Space, a blog about heroes, space and huge ships!

Dragonfire

Postby Dragonfire » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:43 pm

I discovered this one late but it has fast become my favorite video.
  1. DancingDudeVideo Feb 17, 2017 - Nephthys 2p
Oh and FYI

I had better be able to dance like this when the game comes out. I want to replace it with walking.
If this game goes to release (still waiting, Heroes and Villains!), I hope we can do lots of dances, not just dance-walking. I really want to do "The Carlton" dance, and Napoleon Dynamite dance. I always wanted my toons in CoH to Carlton. And Full-On Moonwalk, Billie Jean dance, and Thriller dance. Do that and your game will rock.

St0rmbringer

Postby St0rmbringer » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:44 pm

I've come back to the Ship of Heroes site to look at videos and check on progress.

It might be just me, but the toons look a little stiff. Less dynamic than say Warframe which despite its horrifying art (ugh, organic space ninjas) is absolutely awesome in the art of movement. The SoH toons in the vids run with their torsos straight up. Who does that? Some of the attacks are stiff too.

Truthfully, none of that matters initially, but if it STAYS stiff... The CoH toons were more "life-like" if I remember correctly. Did I not make female characters just so I could watch them move in third person? Okay, TMI and all that but if SoH is to be a worthy successor, it MUST be worth looking at. Give us dynamic poses and movement. Didn't Deadpool call it a "superhero landing?" I want that.

In an unrelated suggestion... As I watched the 3 devs and 3 supporters demo, I wondered about complementary powers. For example Crystal encases a bad guy mid-punch in ice, then LogJam blasts the resulting ice sculpture into a thousand pieces with his 10' ironwood club.

Postby Avatar PDM » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:37 am

though it does not belong here
Stormbringer got an interesting idea - I don´t know how realistic it is (I think it goes in the same direction, we had, when we were talking about strength and weakness effects on certain powers or attacks) but if it really be possible to have effects interacting with each other that would be awesome (though I am not sure if the Ice/Shatter Version would be fitting for a hero - I mean is somebody being shattered not generally dead ;)?)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:06 pm

another one added to the Op.

Keep up the good work

pearbear

Postby pearbear » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:23 am

Thank you for this! I noticed a few videos I had never seen.

indigowulf

Postby indigowulf » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:57 am

Stormbringer got an interesting idea - I don´t know how realistic it is (I think it goes in the same direction, we had, when we were talking about strength and weakness effects on certain powers or attacks) but if it really be possible to have effects interacting with each other that would be awesome (though I am not sure if the Ice/Shatter Version would be fitting for a hero - I mean is somebody being shattered not generally dead ;)?)
I mean, in CoH we used to "arrest" perps by setting them on fire, so..... either we are playing nice with non-lethal power sets, or we are suspending our disbelief.
~indigowulf global, SG Feral Storm (future founder!)

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:13 am

I mean, in CoH we used to "arrest" perps by setting them on fire, so..... either we are playing nice with non-lethal power sets, or we are suspending our disbelief.
I know what you mean - this is actually a quite complicated question because it is the freedom of playing an anti-hero if wanted vs. the question what a hero is.
I guess CoH didn´t really raise aggression levels so as long as we don´t make violence obvious by having flying blood etc. it is not that much to be concerned about. Actually I have to say I would kind of be interested in the optics of such features (the hero in me screams no but that guy on my other shoulder just smiles :twisted: ). Well, I guess that philosophy question is to be decided by the devs
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:07 pm

just updated the list again. Positive gamer's reaction.

Which means I watched it all over again. one thing.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:49 am

And updated. Happy all hallows eve everyone!

A1fighter

Postby A1fighter » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:24 pm

I have not logged on in awhile, but I thought for sure I seen some wolf people :D

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:29 pm

latest video is in the OP

Return to “General Discussion”