Ship of Heroes Videos

Red5

Re: Ship of Heroes Videos

Postby Red5 » Tue May 01, 2018 4:36 pm

The reason you get a lot of 10-15 minute videos on Youtube is that 15 minutes is the maximum length for unverified accounts.

I do like watching gameplay videos and videoes of the costume creators being used. Course we're a bit far away from gameplay vids yet ;)
ah, tyvm :D

and

ya, I know I am an odd ball but a video on: concept art, day at the office (all be it this group spread out), a video on a dev working on particle effects (like that one on that street for example..while they was doing it), etc. That is what might be considered mundane and bland, I would probably fully enjoy watching and talk about with my friends who would in turn probably go an watch and tell their buds about...etc.
...reporting in.

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Tue May 01, 2018 9:38 pm

Yola your post has a grate thought ...
Great videos, have been watching this for a while.
One suggestion and/or thoughts: Would be nice to toggle off or just completely remove the damage numbers that appear overhead of the NPCs, it could just have the health bar then in the chat combat tab have the damage done, the numbers currently take away from the immersion and just look kind of funny. Thoughts??
With me I will personally turn off the numbers and every thing except ... my name the NPC name and health bar ...
just so i can enjoy the immersion of the game environment ...

So i do agree with you ... let others have all those interfering distractions ...
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Solarverse

Postby Solarverse » Sun May 06, 2018 1:49 pm

I actually spent quite a bit of time over several days looking for them all.

I try to never leave anything half done. but if there are more videos. I apparently did. :/

send me the links and I'll update the OP.
No more videos. Mainly because I am not sure if the Developers would appreciate me posting anything up that they have not used yet. Not sure how they feel about it so I have chosen to keep them under wraps until they are ready. I simply wanted to give them a heads up as to what I am capable of creatively. If they use that particular one, great...however, I have stuff that is much more appealing to the ear than that. :) Once I know more (as in, if they say that they would still use my compositions even if I made videos of them prior to them choosing them) then I will make videos and send you a PM.
I want some too :roll:
Will do! :)

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon May 07, 2018 3:36 am

No more videos. Mainly because I am not sure if the Developers would appreciate me posting anything up that they have not used yet. Not sure how they feel about it so I have chosen to keep them under wraps until they are ready. I simply wanted to give them a heads up as to what I am capable of creatively. If they use that particular one, great...however, I have stuff that is much more appealing to the ear than that. :) Once I know more (as in, if they say that they would still use my compositions even if I made videos of them prior to them choosing them) then I will make videos and send you a PM.
I want some too :roll:
Will do! :)
great thanks :)
very much appreciated :)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Mon May 07, 2018 8:04 am

Just to add a thought about videos -- we do intend to make some more videos. We've come up against a couple of "normal" game development issues all at once. We've getting ready for the login test, so that takes precedence over some other needs, and we've had to put one guy who normally makes videos for us onto a tech issue we need to solve, and then we've had an issue with our animation BP, which means that this week and last we cannot finish at least one video we previously started, because we can't animate one character correctly to get the final footage...

Hang on though, we'll likely solve these issues one at a time and then have a short flurry of new videos.

And by the way, we love it when supporters make videos. That is so cool! did you guys realize that the most viewed video about SoH was actually created by Positive Gamer, and not by us? LOL, that's sort of humbling for us. Or proof of PG's greatness as a video producer, or maybe both. :)

Solarverse

Postby Solarverse » Tue May 15, 2018 10:13 am

Just to add a thought about videos -- we do intend to make some more videos. We've come up against a couple of "normal" game development issues all at once. We've getting ready for the login test, so that takes precedence over some other needs, and we've had to put one guy who normally makes videos for us onto a tech issue we need to solve, and then we've had an issue with our animation BP, which means that this week and last we cannot finish at least one video we previously started, because we can't animate one character correctly to get the final footage...

Hang on though, we'll likely solve these issues one at a time and then have a short flurry of new videos.

And by the way, we love it when supporters make videos. That is so cool! did you guys realize that the most viewed video about SoH was actually created by Positive Gamer, and not by us? LOL, that's sort of humbling for us. Or proof of PG's greatness as a video producer, or maybe both. :)
Yeah, I think it is safe to say that we all have some love for Positive Gamer, he seems like a really cheerful guy and I enjoy his videos. As far as what you guys do, I would rather you take your time and do things right than try to rush things out. Most game developers try to rush things and end up with a disaster on their hands because of it. Seeing as how you guys have actually played these types of games, I feel safe in knowing that you guys have a heads up on how things work, what players love and what players hate. Keep up the fantastic work, guys and gals!

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:09 pm

New Fan made video added.

Thank you Justin Monkeyhammer!

justin monkeyhammer

1. Prometheans: Menace from Within (Ship of Heroes fan video) June 2, 2018 – justin monkeyhammer
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:36 am

New Fan made video added.

Thank you Justin Monkeyhammer!

justin monkeyhammer

1. Prometheans: Menace from Within (Ship of Heroes fan video) June 2, 2018 – justin monkeyhammer
Added to 'le blog', thankyou ;)
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
Super Heroes in Space, a blog about heroes, space and huge ships!

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:49 am

I was browsing videos again searching for new content and I found this. while its not a video of SoH, its a video about SoH.
HixxyDubz goes on to say in great detail on what he was able to see in Ship of Heroes back on Dec 17, 2016.
I am sorry I missed it the first time HixxyDubz

So I believe HixxyDubz now has the honor of having the first video about SoH.

I had to get a whole new color for 2016 :/

HixxyDubz

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:08 am

and our 21's video just came out.

Mission Map Upgrades Jun 3, 2018 - 21st Video

watching it now.. wow. well done!

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:13 am

Thank you for the new fan made videos justin monkeyhammer err ShipofHeroes Fanmade

sensible

Postby sensible » Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:34 am

Thank you for the new fan made videos justin monkeyhammer err ShipofHeroes Fanmade
Thanks for keeping the running tally! If anyone wants to make a video on/about/inspired by SoH I'll post it on our fanmade channel. There are 3 up on the channel now - the 3rd one is probably the best, but the Promethean video has some interesting "fan fic" insights into HR Cornish (that is the scratchy speaker in the video)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh89Ls ... oXy9R0S7lg

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:45 pm

Thank you Positive Gamer!

The Ship of Heroes Challenge - Jun 23, 2018

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:02 pm

Thank you SoH Fanmade for another video! Happy Independence Day Everyone!

Dr Strikewell Flight & Fireworks Jul 4, 2018 - ShipofHeroes Fanmade

Solari

Postby Solari » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:25 am

If there's going to be a game intro video when the game first launches on your machine with some back-story, I reckon Consultant should turn his hand to doing a bit of voiceover work. :D

Return to “General Discussion”