Ship of Heroes Videos

Gilbegger

Re: Ship of Heroes Videos

Postby Gilbegger » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:30 pm

I discovered this one late but it has fast become my favorite video.
  1. DancingDudeVideo Feb 17, 2017 - Nephthys 2p
Oh and FYI

I had better be able to dance like this when the game comes out. I want to replace it with walking.
This fits my main perfectly.!!

"Social Hermit" was a Mind / Rad controller. My costume was a tattered blue shirt and brown tattered pants...no shoes because i was a hermit. My bio read "mind your own business..Im homeless and Ive poop in my pants...and you are still bothering me?!"

If I can dance instead of walk..!!! Sign me up NOW!!!

Yola

Postby Yola » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:49 pm

Great videos, have been watching this for a while.

One suggestion and/or thoughts: Would be nice to toggle off or just completely remove the damage numbers that appear overhead of the NPCs, it could just have the health bar then in the chat combat tab have the damage done, the numbers currently take away from the immersion and just look kind of funny. Thoughts??

Penniguin

Postby Penniguin » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:22 pm

I discovered this one late but it has fast become my favorite video.
  1. DancingDudeVideo Feb 17, 2017 - Nephthys 2p
Oh and FYI

I had better be able to dance like this when the game comes out. I want to replace it with walking.
Haaaaaaaaaaaa, I would be willing to bet, we all feel like this when we finally get to board the ship! :D
I am gonna need to stop for coffee before we head out for the battle. 8-)

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:19 am

Added a new Positive Gamer video to the OP.

NEW Superhero MMORPG on a Spaceship? [Ship of Heroes] - Apr 26, 2018

Thanks Posi
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:43 am

Well spotted. The tweet was only sent out an hour ago! Added to my blog. I'll retweet it at a more US friendly time (later) ;)
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
Super Heroes in Space, a blog about heroes, space and huge ships!

Solarverse

Postby Solarverse » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:11 pm

Wow! I am super impressed! How on Earth did you find my proposed SoH composition? There are more, I am simply holding off until the SoH Developers are officially taking submissions. I am extremely impressed though, that shows me you did some serious digging to compile this list of videos!

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:57 pm

Wow! I am super impressed! How on Earth did you find my proposed SoH composition? There are more, I am simply holding off until the SoH Developers are officially taking submissions. I am extremely impressed though, that shows me you did some serious digging to compile this list of videos!
I actually spent quite a bit of time over several days looking for them all.

I try to never leave anything half done. but if there are more videos. I apparently did. :/

send me the links and I'll update the OP.

Solarverse

Postby Solarverse » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:25 pm

I try to never leave anything half done. but if there are more videos. I apparently did. :/

No more videos. Mainly because I am not sure if the Developers would appreciate me posting anything up that they have not used yet. Not sure how they feel about it so I have chosen to keep them under wraps until they are ready. I simply wanted to give them a heads up as to what I am capable of creatively. If they use that particular one, great...however, I have stuff that is much more appealing to the ear than that. :) Once I know more (as in, if they say that they would still use my compositions even if I made videos of them prior to them choosing them) then I will make videos and send you a PM.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:36 pm

Cool. thank you

POSSUMNUTS

Postby POSSUMNUTS » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:59 am

I’ve watch all of the new videos. It’s shocking to see what a small team of determined developers can do. Can’t wait to board the ship!

Red5

Postby Red5 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:47 am

Admitting I know nothing on the subjects I am about to speak about other than my personal preferences....

(buckle up lol)

I would think the more videos the better. Especially so if one is going with a short time format type thing. Wildstar hooked me (many I think) because they had their teasers trailers, but they also had videos showing things like the devs, the concept art, the development, etc. They as an example, generated a buzz...not to be confused with hype.

I prefer longer formats...things longer than 15 minutes. Guess I am getting old and don't understand the youtube craze to have 10-15 minute videos, but admit I am a sucker for daily 10-15 minute vids over say weekly 30 minute video. Though I suspect if those people were doing 30 minute videos, daily...I'd watch them as well. But I digress.

I would love to see SoH doing weekly 2-10 minute videos...on anything game related.

*shrugs
...reporting in.

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:49 am

The reason you get a lot of 10-15 minute videos on Youtube is that 15 minutes is the maximum length for unverified accounts.

I do like watching gameplay videos and videoes of the costume creators being used. Course we're a bit far away from gameplay vids yet ;)
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
Super Heroes in Space, a blog about heroes, space and huge ships!

Dying Breath

Postby Dying Breath » Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:28 am

Remember though, that time and resources spent scripting, making, editing and polishing gameplay or other teaser videos takes away from time and resources for building the game for which we are not-so-patiently waiting. I'll tentatively agree that videos, especially more in-depth ones, help to generate interest in the product, but for an indie team there is a fine balance to strike between creating marketing and creating a product to market. So far, I'm quite pleased with the balance we're seeing with SoH, since I continue to be engaged, while still being able to see what progress is being made.

Red5

Postby Red5 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:33 pm

Remember though, that time and resources spent scripting, making, editing and polishing gameplay or other teaser videos takes away from time and resources for building the game...
yeah your probably right. In fact I have buddies hang out and we talk about things. In this case SoH obviously, and I was like people as a hobby make daily content on youtube...you'd think they would have an inner youtuber amongst them (SoH) willing to make videos.

And I was kinda shut down by logic walls lol.
...reporting in.

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:48 am

No more videos. Mainly because I am not sure if the Developers would appreciate me posting anything up that they have not used yet. Not sure how they feel about it so I have chosen to keep them under wraps until they are ready. I simply wanted to give them a heads up as to what I am capable of creatively. If they use that particular one, great...however, I have stuff that is much more appealing to the ear than that. :) Once I know more (as in, if they say that they would still use my compositions even if I made videos of them prior to them choosing them) then I will make videos and send you a PM.
I want some too :roll:
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Return to “General Discussion”