Dominator playstyle

Phantom Mouse

Dominator playstyle

Postby Phantom Mouse » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:07 pm

I would like to see the developers add into the Controller archetype the ability to take attack powers as our secondary. This would allow for a playstyle similar to what we had with Dominators when CoV rolled out.

I always found it fun to lock down and then defeat mobs over lock down and then buff our team. This isn't to say that I didn't enjoy controllers, my character Ruby Genie (a gravity/storm controller) was fun to play. However, towards the end, I was wondering about restarting her as a Gravity/Energy dominator, as sometimes it didn't feel like I contributed as much as the blasters and scrappers.

PseudoCool

Re: Dominator playstyle

Postby PseudoCool » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:53 am

I felt the same way with my defender, Max Radmore. I never really realized how much he contributed to teams until my SG kept asking me to log him on instead of my main, which was a blaster.

The debuffs in the radiation sets where crazy, and as long as you could keep endurance up, and pay attention to the toggles.. you could literally make any team into iron dragons and steamroll most missions and TF's. If I could have just figured out how to keep Ghost Widow from whipping my backside the instant I debuffed her, then I'd of been getting somewhere! LOL Any other AV or GM in the game was actually soloable with him by level 50, and doing any task force with him was an absolute blast, and even better when they brought in color scaling for powers. People didn't like the big green clouds of radiation debuffs for some reason..lol

Return to “General Discussion”