Fun

Blue Djinn

Fun

Postby Blue Djinn » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:44 pm

Just a quick note about fun.
I noticed in the philosophy section the comment about the whole feel of the game being up beat. As much as I love my MMOs, most of them are well. Just cool.

I do so hope that there are some good comedy writers and some good tongue in cheek dialogue in the game. I hope that in the end, the devs and community don't take themselves too seriously. I remember the April fools joke the devs at CoH played that they were going to install the old Batman TV: POW!, ZZzAAAP! and OOOUUFFF!!! into the game. I almost peed my pants. It inspired me to make a macro for my Fedora donning scrapper to bark out a "Don't touch the HAT" when throwing down his "Whirling Sword" power.

I hope we get music on entering every instance or zone to announce that we have arrived. Yea you can turn it off if you want, but music sets the mood. You can admit it if you use some game sound bytes for your ring tones. I do.

I hope random npcs say weird stuff as I walk by. I hope that if we follow them long enough we can find little Easter Eggs and quests that pop up because we ease dropped on one of their conversations. Can you tell I am excited about this game?

Cool is cool. But fun is FUN!

JestersGhost

Re: Fun

Postby JestersGhost » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:42 am

"I assure you, my good man, Nemesis is most definitely 'down with the street.' Word up, my homie, as it were."
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

Griffin

Postby Griffin » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:04 pm

I'm sure this is all a Nemesis plot!

(Freeem!)

-Griff

Blue Djinn

Postby Blue Djinn » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:28 am

Exactly folks!
Just to follow up, I was going through the screenie posts and having those wistful "stroll down memory lane" moments.

After all was said and done, I am pretty certain CoX was the only game I played where I just HUNG OUT sometimes.

Atlas Park costume contests
Raves at Pocket DEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Flash mobs before there were flash mobs
Street protests
Getting coffee with BoB
Reading the newspaper and using the macro that says "They said WHAT!!!"
BOOM BOX
Slap / React
.... and on and on and on

Just saying

Griffin

Postby Griffin » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:54 am

Well... maybe not EVERYTHING is a Nemesis plot.

{BoomBox + dance party waiting for everyone to get to mission FTW!!)

-Griff

brawlizard

Postby brawlizard » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:34 am

{BoomBox + dance party waiting for everyone to get to mission FTW!!)
Yes :)
I loved the emotes in CoH. I had a macro on my controller that would say something snarky and then pull out a newspaper once everything in the area was locked down and I was waiting for my duo partner to clean up.

Wolfshadw

Postby Wolfshadw » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:19 pm

I enjoyed sitting at the entrance of The Hollows while LFGing and helping lower level folks get to those nasty mission locations and back again. Usually when doing this, I was playing my character, Angel-One. When a player character fell, she'd change into her Angel costume, say, "Heaven has a place for you... but not yet!", and resurrect the fallen hero.

-Wolf sends

kinglucus

Postby kinglucus » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:16 am

About 60% of the text i skipped past because i felt it wasn't worth reading, would love to have a few comedic missions/scenarios that are fun to read!

Return to “General Discussion”