Latest VIdeo (New Combat Alpha Features)

Red5

Latest VIdeo (New Combat Alpha Features)

Postby Red5 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:30 pm

I fully enjoyed seeing it. Gotta say the power(s) tray is looking sexy.

Auto features look tight as well.

Well done and keep up the great work!
...reporting in.

brawlizard

Re: Latest VIdeo (New Combat Alpha Features)

Postby brawlizard » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:33 pm

I completely agree.
You guys continue to make steady improvements. Steady progress at any pace keeps me involved way more that big jumps with starvation for info between...like months and months of silence. Or constant updates that over promise or are devoid of meaningful info

Healy

Postby Healy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:49 pm

I liked what I saw too, The tabbing and simple color differentiation for the various levels was intuitive and will be useful especially when surprising a group of baddies that are substantially stronger....this guy will turn and run (if I play my more gentle defender like alts)....and seek assistance from others before passing through!

I too like the periodic demonstrations of continued progress along with the openness for feedback.

Looking forward to videos of the actual alpha runs....

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:46 pm

I liked what I saw too, The tabbing and simple color differentiation for the various levels was intuitive and will be useful especially when surprising a group of baddies that are substantially stronger....this guy will turn and run (if I play my more gentle defender like alts)....and seek assistance from others before passing through!

I too like the periodic demonstrations of continued progress along with the openness for feedback.

Looking forward to videos of the actual alpha runs....
Agreed. I knew the colors before he clicked.

and looking forward to more.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:01 pm

Hope the villains behave like they did in CoH as well, if a hero is going to defeat you with a sneeze, why bother attacking? In some MMO's, enemies attack regardless of level and it''s really annoying going back to low level area to meet someone who just logged in with a high level character and having to stop every few seconds to fend off cannon fodder.
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

AxerJ

Postby AxerJ » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:37 am

Agreed, luna!

Love the updates and the dev correspondence style! I noticed the plasma bolt power was changed to be shorter, which makes some sense, though that long one earlier was cool - and everything sounds better! I think there can still be some tweaking to the Nag gun sounds, but they've definitely improved.

Nitpicking graphics fx since Heroic has said they'd like to hear those sorts of things: the smoke from the large fire power disappearing suddenly after a second or so. And the graphic fx around Meltdown's hands seemed to last a bit long after the plasma bolt attack. These are subtle things though, of course. It all looks beautiful, and, most importantly, clean, interesting, and fun!

Bravo yet again, Heroic Games. Excited for the alpha videos. You guys rock, and your hard work, creativity, and diligence is incredibly appreciated!

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:11 am

Thank you, we enjoy the feedback and make use of it.

We're getting set up to do some alpha runs, and to show a video with highlights from one run. And to levestream at least one run, maybe two.

It's true that the enemies are doing damage, but probably not endangering the heroes too much. Since we decided to provide our hero characters to the team, that does men that every run has a healer in it, and tank. That sort of sets up some pretty good defensive positions for damage dealers.

But we are on track to show the current state of the game, and we think all of you understand that. It's pretty exciting on our end. Almost two years of work are going in to this particular alpha test.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:36 am

Awesome. Looking forward to seeing the videos.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:08 am

Lunawisp when you said ... it reminded me ...
Hope the villains behave like they did in CoH as well, if a hero is going to defeat you with a sneeze, why bother attacking? In some MMO's, enemies attack regardless of level and it''s really annoying going back to low level area to meet someone who just logged in with a high level character and having to stop every few seconds to fend off cannon fodder.
I do remember being high lvl and going to a low lvl area that the Bad-ees would do nothing ... that was not the fun part ... it was watching the NPC fillers that path-ed into a bad-ee mob and then turn around and run ... that was fun to watch
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Return to “General Discussion”