Your FIrst Character in SoH?

Red5

Your FIrst Character in SoH?

Postby Red5 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:01 am

I realize there is time to decide, but I tell ya true... I am thinking hard on it now already.

I really would love to re-create my more memorable characters from CoX. Yet 400+ years later, probably only 2 of them would actually still be around lol.

So I am now leaning towards making new characters and forming new stories. So what will they be? Hmmm. To start at least one Devastator as I like ranged characters and either brawler or a tank.

I am not much of a Tank player per say... I just don't like taking two or so taunt powers that are more than likely not going to hold aggro (talking from example of other games and not projecting this on SoH mind you). Yet as a Tank and not having said taunts excludes from a large % of PuG's*

But I do so love having hearty and tough as heck characters.

I hear Brawler and think Scrapper...but secretly hope more like a Brute, as Brutes were real fun to play. If they are Brutes then that will be done deal. If not I will have to see what the new scrappers are like and choose between the two.

Will I focus on AoE or Single Target (ST)? Honestly it will depend on a few factors, primarily on how will it look lol and match up to the back story I have in mind for that character. I love min/maxers and more power to them crunching it all out... I am just more of a does it look and feel fun type player.

So I ask you what do you want to play at start be it alpha, beta, or launch? Why?

*=I so miss the days I could log on a character and just play with my group and it didn't matter if it was Blaster or a Defender and it didn't matter if it was a blaster if it had AoE or ST
...reporting in.

Re: Your FIrst Character in SoH?

Postby Avatar PDM » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:08 am

I would start with a Healer if that class is possible.
Why? Because I like helping and supporting others and a Healer is also a perfect choice for fitting into groups who work together on a mission and a good character for getting into contact with others - Healers are always needed ;)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:27 am

an invulnerable Tank. hopefully there is an Ice secondary.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:00 am

My first character in CoH was a blaster and I had a lot of fun playing it. Then I created a defender which was ok'ish, impossible to solo effectively because I made it a healer.

In SoH I think I'll go with a support character of some sort first, probably a healer in spite of my CoH experience with them! I put together a quick backstory for mine some time ago. I really should update it but I'm waiting till I have my character ingame before spending time on that.

https://www.shipofheroes.com/forums/vie ... t=15#p6158
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:15 pm

Even though I am a tanker at heart, I am leaning very much towards a melee DPS character in this game for my first character. Why? Because you always screw up your first character while learning any game. And melee DPS seems pretty forgiving for mistakes in builds.

Once I have a firm grasp on the game, it will be time for a tanker!

Melee DPS will probably be twin blades/ determination
Tanker will be Invul/ Super Strength
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:21 pm

If Dark Melee is available for brawlers, then I'll be making Ebon Angel first.

If not, I have a fallback character planned, Solitaire, using spear/luck.
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

Jasix

Postby Jasix » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:42 pm

I will definitely be rolling a Devastator at launch. Corruptors were my favorite type in CoH and the Devastator Archetype seems to mimic their skills the most. I will probably have fire as my primary and my secondary will depend on what buff abilities are available.
Original backer #122.

Turtlesandwich

Postby Turtlesandwich » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:13 pm

Defender healer for me.
It will be in demand for teams at the beginning ;)

Sango

Postby Sango » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:55 pm

It depends on what the power sets actually look like, of course, but most likely, I will make a support character of some sort or another. I tend to prefer characters with heals, buffs/debuffs.
"You don't seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME!"
-----Rorschach

Manchine

Postby Manchine » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:19 pm

Really easy for me, Manchine. Then Animal Teen and then White Knight.
Check out my Super hero comic at www.globaldefenseforce.net its a real comic that started out as a web comic from city of heroes.

Also check facebook out #GlobalDefenseForceBoardGame for a board game where you can make your own characters.

Red5

Postby Red5 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:54 am

Really easy for me, Manchine. Then Animal Teen and then White Knight.
Lol, which is what? :)

I am gonna guess Devastator, Brawler, and Tanker.
...reporting in.

Karmanik

Postby Karmanik » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:27 pm

I'll probably go with whatever the Defender-style class is going to be. Hopefully there are a good variety of support power sets at launch.

Actjcksn

Postby Actjcksn » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:21 am

My main in CoH was an Electric/Electric blaster. I like the range and I'm always shocking myself. So, in SoH, my first will need to be an Electric Devastator. Electric for the primary and not sure about the secondary.
(aka GregoryKC66)
3) Expect the Plan to go off the rails...
4) ...Throw away the Plan

Sinistar

Postby Sinistar » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:38 am

Like someone posted above I'll start with melee DPS at first to learn the game then start rolling out the other characters.

The real question for me is: how many characters will I make this time?

I had a veritable army of characters in CoH, but not sure I want to sink that much time into a new game.

Zagadka

Postby Zagadka » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:58 am

CoH is one of the games that I derived my usual MMO chars' personalities from. They have certain personalities and favorite weapons/magic/whatever tastes... so I'll probably revisit all of them, starting with a 2he brawler and ice blaster (or as close as I can get to those). They are my two best developed characters in the Zagadka Cinematic Universe.

Return to “General Discussion”