Who are you in Champions Online?

Millenniumguardian

Who are you in Champions Online?

Postby Millenniumguardian » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:46 pm

So, I'm @milleniumguardian in-game in CO and themightyzenith on the CO forums.

Some of my characters are in my signature banner below.......... go SODLAG! :D

Lance62

Re: Who are you in Champions Online?

Postby Lance62 » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:12 pm

After being cast into the COX Void,Champions online came into being and called to me,yes i gave into my need for being a Hero once more with high hopes,there i discovered there character creation was ok but not the COX standards very cartoony in the graffics but with there freeform powers very nice,I started all of my heroes again,This time i Went by "NightOwl" and created my stable of Characters and even found my old Guild Mates but with all the great features this game had it jest wasn't the same.

brawlizard

Postby brawlizard » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:28 pm

I am, The Fish in CO

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:50 am

I was an alpha and beta tester for this game. I played for about 7 months before it released, and never bought it. Why? Because this game was special. It was so much fun in alpha! But every time they patched it, the game got more bland, and more bland... Finally sometime in late beta it became moreofthesame, and I quit. I went back about a year after CoH shut down, and found they had done a lot to improve it. But it still was moreofthesame. So I have my account, GladDog, with two characters on it, of which neither has the powersets I wanted (gotta buy them in the cash shop) that are barely out of the tutorial. And I think that is how it will stay.

GladFire and Gladstrike if I ever do play again.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Blue Djinn

Postby Blue Djinn » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:35 pm

I was an alpha and beta tester for this game. I played for about 7 months before it released, and never bought it. Why? Because this game was special. It was so much fun in alpha! But every time they patched it, the game got more bland, and more bland... Finally sometime in late beta it became moreofthesame, and I quit. I went back about a year after CoH shut down, and found they had done a lot to improve it. But it still was moreofthesame. So I have my account, GladDog, with two characters on it, of which neither has the powersets I wanted (gotta buy them in the cash shop) that are barely out of the tutorial. And I think that is how it will stay.

GladFire and Gladstrike if I ever do play again.
Wow .. is that what happened? I was not a steady player but it seemed like whatever changes they made made me unhappy. I haven't been back in aaaaages. Just cant do it.

Truvidien

Postby Truvidien » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:09 pm

I really never bothered with it.. For some reason every computer I've owned the game just runs extremely poor. That and every travel power you had to buy it.. No thanks.

Angel Phoenix77

Postby Angel Phoenix77 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:41 pm

I was the same person with Angel Phoenix77 :)

A1fighter

Postby A1fighter » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:07 pm

I was on the test server for the most part, the actual game was just awful and painful. On the forums? Puppet-master, because the community was so toxic, venomous, and confrontational, so I would have some fun with them. Say crazy off the wall stuff, they take the bait and rip each other apart, verbally. It is so hard to be part of that community, so venomous, so I thought, cant beat em, join em, and have some fun at heir expense.

Awful community, so-so game. They are constantly fighting over there, even the mods join in :lol:

I am here out of interest, I did not care much for SoH tbh. I only used it to tease CO fans. The combat video and the interview made me have a change of heart. This game is legit, and looks to be the superhero game to beat since DayBreak breaks games and CO is irrelevant, but enough of the backlash.

Rune

Postby Rune » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:37 pm

I am Rune, the founder and leader of the Silver Age Sentinels and steward of it's various themed teams, Globe, Young Sentinels, and so on.

I just heard about this today and am very pleasantly surprised this is coming. Looks quite promising.

I was also @Rune in City of X, so I hope I can get the same handle in this game.

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:42 am

@lunawisp, of course :)

I haven't actually logged into CO for ages. I levelled a few characters up to the level cap but the game just lacked something. The powers never really felt right and characters travel powers, while varied and interesting, just didn't seem as smooth or as well done as they were in CoX. Superjumping in CoX was just about perfect, I could land exactly where I wanted, every time. In CO my character waved its arms and legs about like a demented chimpanzee and I could never really judge a landing point. I don't think the game was a bad one, it just had a very difficult act to follow and didn't quite make it.
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

Return to “Introductions”