Official Hero hold torch

Ravynwynd

Official Hero hold torch

Postby Ravynwynd » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:33 pm

A super hello to all those that have donated to SOH. I'd like to announce that I am now an Official Hero that has donated to SOH at the Beta Tester level. Though I'm a new Beta Tester, I have been with SOH since: Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:48 am. Over the time since I joined, I have written a few posts, have commented on a few posts, have watched a multitude of videos, and have cheered on each video.

Though I have missed recent beta events. I am excited to participate in future beta events.

A little about me:

Brent Evancho
---------------------
  • Husband, father, son.
  • Current Residence: Dordogne, France
  • Various Aptitudes: clerical, desktop publishing, web design (stressing the design, with some html knowledge), writer, storyteller (for role-playing), role-player of tabletop rp, larp, and rp for mmorpgs. Some smartphone photography, when you live in the countryside where there are plenty of castles, it's hard not to take photos.
  • RP with mmorpgs:
    Many of my RP characters are female characters. Why? Because, I guess I'd rather look at a girl running than a guy. There is the enjoyment of taking on the challenge to portray my character as a Wonder Woman or Cat Girl character. It can be fun and rewarding to observe how other roleplayers rp their character with mine; some rp characters are drawn to my vigilante (villain), some are threatened, some compete. My characters are mostly villains that are more like vigilantes, or under cover heroes that join mafia organizations to get in on the inside, to get the intel on these villains plans and thwart their diabolic plans. And yes, I have a male character or two, one of which is a bodyguard for my main character, Carmelia White.
Voila.

A shout out to Consultant and his super team!

Ravynwynd

Keep it super everyone!

---

(Questions to Consultant and his team: I believe that there is a Character Creator available for those that have donated. If so, I have not yet discovered how to get this to install. Where might I get this Character Creator? Also. Will I get an email explaining about any Beta key? And lastly. What is anticipated for the next Beta test?)

Golden Ace

Re: Official Hero hold torch

Postby Golden Ace » Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:46 pm

Welcome to Beta

The next beta event will be an Invasion test that will take place in a couple months. (No date yet).

Unfortunately the costume creator is not available right now. However you will be able to use it during the invasion test.

When it is time for the event you should get an email with the beta key.

If you do not receive the key prior to the invasion test. post that you have not received the key in the forms.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:31 am

Golden Ace is correct (as usual).

I will add a bit more about the next Beta.

The idea is that players can sign up for a particular event (we will be holding as many as seem to be needed). So perhaps you sign up for one of the early ones, say for June 1st (I'm just plucking that date out of the ether). Then you and a group of players from 20-40 will be invited to log in and test and invasion on June 1st. Easy-peasy, right?

But this also means that you will get access a few days early to select a character you have made, or to make a new one for the test. You will let us know which character you want to use, and we will elevate your character before the test and throw some dust onto your character.

Then, before the test, you'll jump in and train your character up a few levels, buy some augments, test out your powers, and perhaps buy a few infusions. You'll want to be generally ready to go when the test begins.

Does that plan make sense?

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:52 am

Welcome aboard Ravynwynd ;)

Looking forward to the invasion test - just want to get back into that amazing city again!
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

Ravynwynd

Postby Ravynwynd » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:35 pm

Thank you for the update, Golden Ace and Conslutant.

Thank you for the warm welcome, lunawisp.

Stay super everyone.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:39 pm

Thank you for the update, Golden Ace and Conslutant.

Thank you for the warm welcome, lunawisp.

Stay super everyone.
if you have not seen it yet check out this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=2&p=25118#p25112
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Ravynwynd

Postby Ravynwynd » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:13 pm

Thank you Golden Ace. I sent my form today. I'm not sure if it was received.

Ravynwynd

Postby Ravynwynd » Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:37 pm

So yes. I hope to participate with this event during this isolation crisis.

Return to “Introductions”