Going on 17 years

RoyalTree

Going on 17 years

Postby RoyalTree » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:32 pm

My first online game was Eve-Online and since then I have tested over 60 games and played at-launch around 50. At my peak I was averaging 14-17 hrs a day 6 days a week. While the last few years has seen me slow down quite a bit, I will always be interested in a superhero MMO. My greatest memories are attach to 3 games: Eve-Online, since it was my first, CoH/CoV "Superhero is my favorite type/genre" and SWG Pre-CU-NGE.

Odee

Re: Going on 17 years

Postby Odee » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:09 am

My first online game was Eve-Online and since then I have tested over 60 games and played at-launch around 50. At my peak I was averaging 14-17 hrs a day 6 days a week. While the last few years has seen me slow down quite a bit, I will always be interested in a superhero MMO. My greatest memories are attach to 3 games: Eve-Online, since it was my first, CoH/CoV "Superhero is my favorite type/genre" and SWG Pre-CU-NGE.
🤔 Island of Kesmai was my first MMO, and it was in ASCII characters only. Yeah, I go back to the caveman age of computers. LOL 😉💪👍
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

RoyalTree

Postby RoyalTree » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:03 pm

🤔 Island of Kesmai was my first MMO, and it was in ASCII characters only. Yeah, I go back to the caveman age of computers. LOL 😉💪👍
I go back that far too, but I lived in very rural farm country and at that time the only person I knew with internet was the local bank president who lived next door and his was satellite and very expensive for moderate dialup.

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:36 am

Welcome aboard! My first 'real' MMO was "The realm Online." That's going back a bit as well though not as far as your text based game. I never really got into those.
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

Odee

Postby Odee » Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:48 am

I go back that far too, but I lived in very rural farm country and at that time the only person I knew with internet was the local bank president who lived next door and his was satellite and very expensive for moderate dialup.
If I had it to do all over again, I'd have stayed with farming and horses ;) :)
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Return to “Introductions”