Hey All!

Hadder

Hey All!

Postby Hadder » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:41 am

I guess I never did post something here. Hi All!

Here is a quick backstory.

I'm Canadian, hailing from Toronto. I knew from a young age (like 4 years old) that I was artistic and wanted to do creative things in life. In 1999 I discovered websites, WYSIWYG editors and Photoshop and the rest is history.

I've now been a web designer for 18 years with a heavy emphasis on design. I just finished a year long night school course on UX Design and am now Certified ...as opposed to certifiable. Yay me! :D

I am drawn to everything creative, love anime, super heroes, sci-fi and magical fantasy. I am a huge fan of MMOs and RPGs.

I never had the mathematical expertise to get into game development but I did have a brief stint in Everquest Next Landmark where I was one of their feature builders.

I gotta give Sony Online Entertainment (SOE) all the credit though, their tool set for building in game structures was so simple and robust to use, it made my creations come to life.

Here an example of one of my Night Elf Builds:

Last edited by Hadder on Wed May 08, 2019 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hadder

Gerald_Deemer

Re: Hey All!

Postby Gerald_Deemer » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:35 pm

Hey there and welcome.
This looks great. Sadly the project around Everquest and landmark was completely cancelled if I remember correctly :?

You seem to be a nice guy and an interessting player because of your creativity. Looking forward to your character creations here in SOH! 8-)

G.D.
A game’s graphics are meant to appeal. A game’s mechanics are meant to make you feel amazing or challenged. A game’s sound effects are supposed to add life. But a good game’s UI is meant to disappear!

Hadder

Re: Hey All!

Postby Hadder » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:34 am

Hey there and welcome.
This looks great. Sadly the project around Everquest and landmark was completely cancelled if I remember correctly :?

You seem to be a nice guy and an interessting player because of your creativity. Looking forward to your character creations here in SOH! 8-)

G.D.
Thanks. Yep, Everquest Next and Landmark were cancelled, the company got bought by a financing company, changed it's name and then cut a huge portion of it's workforce. There have been several cuts since then. It's a skeleton of what it used to be.

Sad really :(
Hadder

Return to “Introductions”