Who Were You in City of Heroes?

Odee

Re: Who Were You in City of Heroes?

Postby Odee » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:32 pm

Odee here. I was one of the original Pre-Release Beta testers for CoH, all those years ago. In fact, the screenshot of our team in front of the Galaxy Coin, was published in one of the gaming magazines that reviewed City of Heroes. The character there was Asplane, the Mystic, sitting center front.

My most memorable, and favorite characters were; Mac Smacker, the staff wielding, wise cracking rescuer of children and puppies, and bane to Garden Gnomes everywhere. 😂

Next would have to be the seasonal favorite, Crisp Kringle, bringer of coal and flaming punishment to evil doers. Crisp, being the Enforcement Branch at the North Polar Gifting Factory, was not quite as jolly an old chap as his more famous twin brother Chris. 😲 But he did have a way of making bad little boys and girls, see the error of their ways.

I am hoping to recreate both of these, to honor COH, and the many hours of fun that game gave us all. 👍👍

Mac Attack

Crisp receives the List
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Logan

Postby Logan » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:23 pm

Hey all! Long time CoX player and just now found out about Ship of Heroes.

My main was Dusty Claws: Claws/Super Reflexes Scrapper. SR definitely had its limitations but man Dusty was fun to play!

SoH looks really promising and I'm glad I discovered it (Though I wish I found it sooner :P).

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:20 pm

Welcome to the ship! glad you found us.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

AllStar260

Postby AllStar260 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:02 pm

Hi folks,

I was part of CoH right after it launched, using the name Le Gardien (that's Guardian in French). Played for a number of years as a subscriber, but dropped off after a while. Popped back in years later when it became free to play, but inconsistently.

Blaze Rocker

Postby Blaze Rocker » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:17 pm

Welcome all newcomers. Glad to have you with us. :)
Time to let Ol' Painless out of the bag.

Odee

Postby Odee » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:09 pm

OT Moment: Is it December yet? Here's hoping all goes smoothly for a flawless launch. 👍🎖️🏆️🥇️

Can hardly wait to recreate, my favorite character classes.

Tejarah

Postby Tejarah » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:38 pm

CoH was my first MMO. Never thought I would be crazy enough about it to get up Monday morning at 1AM just to play with our American friends.
My main and very first character of CoH was Xelara, Empathy/Energy Blast Defender on Triumph.
Never found another MMO, where Healing was just that, HEALING. Not a lot of nice and often confusing words, where you have to find out, what a power really does.
It was just keep an eye on team members, hit the button, send healing, send buff, resurrect.
Over the years, I think, I got every combination possible. Didn't think, I could play a tank, but I learned herding and holding aggro. So much fun.

I'm glad, I found this just yesterday. It looks great and really promising not only but especially for people like me, who, as mentioned elsewhere are still mourning our wonderful game, our beloved characters. It would be so great to recreate them and continue their journey in this new setting.

Concussion X

Postby Concussion X » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:35 am

Concussion X, pure nrg blaster
and Totally Rad, pure rad defender both on Champion server
Was an altoholic and so I had many different toons to try out different power combos but these two were my main ones that got to lvl 50 first

Ravynwynd

Postby Ravynwynd » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:57 pm

@Ravynwynd on the Virtue Server

I joined City of Heroes a month after release of City of Villains.

Villain Characters:

• Carmelia White

(Vampire Hybrid) And she and role-played more like a Vigilante. She thinks Recluse is a buffoon. She's also like a mafia boss, but like a Robin Hood mafia boss.

• Psychodelic Mary

(Vampire, Malkavian) Owner of "Clan7" a competing niteclub. Their club "Clan7" competed with "Club Purgatory" owned by Arkesh and Kandykane.

• Kisa

(Changeling Sluagh (Fae/Elf)

RP hangouts: Pocket D, Red Side, sometimes Blue Side to tease Heroes. Pocket in a few zones, Port Oakes. And a few other locations. Used to go to hot tub rps at Nerva Archipelago.

Did I have any Heroes? I probably did, but can't recall.

Odee

Postby Odee » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:11 pm

@Ravynwynd on the Virtue Server

I joined City of Heroes a month after release of City of Villains.

...RP hangouts: Pocket D, Red Side, sometimes Blue Side to tease Heroes. Pocket in a few zones, Port Oakes. And a few other locations. Used to go to hot tub rps at Nerva Archipelago.

Did I have any Heroes? I probably did, but can't recall.
Your name, Ravynwynd, sounds so very familiar. In your many travels throughout Virtue in CoX, did you ever run into Boris Badinoff, and his T.U.R.D. robot minion? Those Tactical Unit Robotic Destroyers of his caused many a raised eyebrow, until people read the bio. hehe 👍🤣🍻

Siphon

Postby Siphon » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:29 pm

I played as -Falcon a very strong martial arts scrapper

Ravynwynd

Postby Ravynwynd » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:30 pm

Did anyone know of Arkesh?

Sid

Postby Sid » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:51 pm

I played an emp healer by the name of Sid that basically wore me out playing her trying to keep everyone alive but later switched to scrappers or tanks which suited me better. I played mostly on Pinnacle. My best was a scrapper named Daughter of Darkness but had many others, Wicked, The Eve project comes to mind. Just found this place today and kinda excited about it.

Hibiscus

Postby Hibiscus » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:33 pm

Infinity server here with @Zaire as my global, my main was Illus/rad controller.
Peoria-Kin/Rad defender
Travist-Fire/Kin controller
Rekindled-Invul/Fire tanker
and many other alts. Oh how I miss Coh/Cov

Game kNight Plays

Postby Game kNight Plays » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:29 am

Hey guys!

I used to play CoV, not so much CoH - I used to go under the name Dark Seraphim, a fallen angel Mastermind, who used the dark arts to summon zombies to fight for him.

It was a glorious time, and I miss it so. The gameplay of CoX is unparalleled and none of the other titles out there live up to the intricate system they had.

I hope that SoH will prove to be able to live up to CoX, and that a Summoner/Mastermind type archetype will make it's way to the game soon!

Now I go under the name Game kNight, and make YouTube in my spare time - usually covering RPGs with progression, which this game could fall under as well.

Return to “Introductions”