Who Were You in City of Heroes?

BitLoadR

Re: Who Were You in City of Heroes?

Postby BitLoadR » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:36 am

On Union server, I mostly played as Star Jewel an Energy Blast / Energy Manipulation blaster. But some of you may have known me with any of my alts:
  • Gemstone: Fire Control / Kinetics controller
  • Lumitia: Illusion Control / Radiation Emission
  • Novaspark: Peacebringer
  • Dawnshare: Warshade
  • Mystfure: Storm Summoning / Electric Blast defender
  • ... many more
A hero isn't defined by LVL or INF, but by the success of one-hitting a L50 AV and live to tell about it!

Here are most of my toons.
Also, check out my fansite.

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:52 pm

BitLoadR ... glad you posted
On Union server, I mostly played as Star Jewel an Energy Blast / Energy Manipulation blaster.
Sorry to say do I do not know any of you other alt's ... I played on Liberty server ... Never the less glad you found the ship and
will look for you " BIT " there .... we will all be playing on a mega-server so there will be no separation of community ... :D
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Skyrek

Postby Skyrek » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:49 am

Hello Skyrek glad you found the ship and welcome ... fell free to post more ...
Electrokinetymo Electric/Kinetic was my primary hero. Though of course had a bunch of other ones over the years.
What was your server you played on the most ???
I believe it was Virtue, but for some reason having an issue recalling that :lol:

A few more of the characters I can remember off the top of my head that I had a lot of fun with:

I had a rad/rad named ICBM

A robot/force field Mastermind named Chess King and his robots were named after chess pieces.

A tanker SS/Invulnerability named Abrams

A military based assault rifle/devices Col. Dynamo

A plant/thorns Dominator Dandy Leone

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:57 am

I believe it was Virtue, but for some reason having an issue recalling that :lol:
Virtue was the de facto roleplaying server. If you were on it, you were either into it or wondering what the heck is going on! :D
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Itlandm

Postby Itlandm » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:29 am

Well, Virtue was also the second largest server (after Freedom) so there may have been some people who picked it for that reason, especially if they played at a time of day when there was low traffic elsewhere. But yeah, there was pretty much always some intricate roleplay going on in Atlas, only punctuated by the frequent costume contests. It was my favorite server once I had hardware that could tackle the high player count.

Electricflame

Postby Electricflame » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:58 pm

I played on Liberty and Virtue my toons where:

Electrice - Electric/ Ice Blaster

Eyeron Maiden - Energy Blaster

Bound and Gagged - This toon I had to change his name because people said it creeped them out. He traveled by levitation and phasing, his garb was a straight jacket and a muzzle over his face.

Flaming Reaper - Fire Blaster

Grouchybeast

Postby Grouchybeast » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:13 pm

I played pretty much exclusively on Defiant. I mostly soloed/duoed, but I sometimes helped out with task forces, especially if people were looking for a team late at night. (Imp speed runs FTW!)

The alts I played the most were Grouchybeast (Rad Defender), Purple Phaze (Scrapper) and Ellie Mintaal (Fire Blaster), and Penny Umbra (Dark Defender). I also had a bunny cyborg called Cocktail Companion who I remember won a costume code in a Halloween costume competition in Pocket D.

And looking through my old costume and build folders to find alt names is making me sad all over again. Whenever I think I must finally be over the end of City of Heroes, I find out that I'm not.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:28 pm

And looking through my old costume and build folders to find alt names is making me sad all over again. Whenever I think I must finally be over the end of City of Heroes, I find out that I'm not.
Welcome? To the club. :(

And welcome to the ship! Glad you found us.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

edburke63

Postby edburke63 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:39 pm

Just joined. I was Jack B. Nimble on the Pinnacle server on launch day and in the back of Issue #1 of the old comic, and about sixty other characters on various servers. Looking forward to playing another superhero MMO (I don't count any of the DC or Marvel offerings).

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:49 pm

Just joined. I was Jack B. Nimble on the Pinnacle server on launch day and in the back of Issue #1 of the old comic, and about sixty other characters on various servers. Looking forward to playing another superhero MMO (I don't count any of the DC or Marvel offerings).
Welcome Ed, glad you found us. we all have high hopes for this. below is a list of all the SoH videos if you want to see.

https://www.shipofheroes.com/forums/vie ... f=8&t=1426

indiramourning

Postby indiramourning » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:50 pm

Hi all, I was Bunny Bullet on the Virtue server. I was there from the day of launch to the end. I had over 36 active characters.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:08 pm

love the avatar. welcome indira or is it bunny? :D

glad you found the ship. we'll have a paid beta at the end of the year so you can get in and remake some of those characters.

MetaFusion

Postby MetaFusion » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:56 pm

Hi all,

I was MetaFusion of the Heirs of Talos super group on Justice server. Meta, as we called him for short, was a blaster's blaster and my personal passion (other than blasting baddies) was collecting the purples for him.

I also was the group's base architect. Man, building that place was fun! If you'd like to see our base, here is a tour video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyYNCrjCSUU

Itlandm

Postby Itlandm » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:30 pm

I also was the group's base architect. Man, building that place was fun! If you'd like to see our base, here is a tour video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyYNCrjCSUU
That was some amazing work right there! I was particularly inspired by how you had used the height dimension, it is something I have never seen done this well in a base before.

Ondskan

Postby Ondskan » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:36 am

Server: Virtue
Pure Umbral - Warshade with no pool powers.

Return to “Introductions”