Welcome!
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Eulb

Re: Who Were You in City of Heroes?

Postby Eulb » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:32 pm

Welcome new posters and ... wow seeing all the names of the new posters just excites me knowing all the peeps and there creative names that will be invading the SHIP... just WOW
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Truehero

Postby Truehero » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:37 pm

I had far too many characters to lay claim to just one. I played on most servers and had dozens of level 50 characters. Tank was my favorite, for which I had a max character for every powerset in the game. Really looking forward to re-creating my favorites from CoH and of course adding brand new heroes to my own pantheon of characters.

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:33 pm

I had far too many characters to lay claim to just one. I played on most servers and had dozens of level 50 characters. Tank was my favorite, for which I had a max character for every powerset in the game. Really looking forward to re-creating my favorites from CoH and of course adding brand new heroes to my own pantheon of characters.
Greeting to you Truehero and welcome ... neet to here you have had lots of alts and will look forward to fighting with you when ship launches...
I played on Liberty exclusively and only have 7 toons , i was not a alt-holic but played my main with gusto.
now my wife that plays ( blessed man that i am ) has a whole " Penni - " population she is looking forward to recreating just like you and many many other on the forums...

Blaze Rocker

Postby Blaze Rocker » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:25 pm

Greetings and Happy Holidays to everyone.

Some of you may know me from the Protector server of City of Heroes. Back in 2004 I started out on Infinity and for some long-forgotten reason migrated to Protector which became my longest and final home server.

The final three years of CoH's life were when I created most of my favorite characters: My Dual Pistols / Traps corruptor Bull Lett (current avatar), my Super Strength / Invulnerability tanker (and brother of Bull Lett) Harbinger of Moo, and my Assault Rifle / Traps corruptor Trigger Time Tammy. Some of you may also have seen my oldest character Cara Carbine, an Assault Rifle / Devices blaster.

After the great Global (chat) Channel crash I recreated Protector TFs channel and in its final years it managed to become the first global channel to reach the maximum number of members.

After CoH's shutdown (calling it a "sunset" is just a lame attempt at sugarcoating a turd sandwich) I found the Phoenix Project. I stayed with that group for a couple of months before realizing they weren't taking their game in a direction I agreed with.
After bailing on TPP I soon found Heroes and Villains being made by Plan Z Studios and I have been with them for over four years. For the past sixteen months I've been focused on building power sets for that game and I managed to complete sixty sets as of last week. In my time with Plan Z I managed to fill the requests for several specific power sets from some of my fellow community members and they were quite satisfied with the work I provided, though no one on the dev team took any interest in what I was producing and offering to them.
Sadly, less than a week ago, I finally admitted to myself that the game won't be completed due to the "lack of willingness to take necessary steps in production" by the development team and I have left the project to its eventual demise. I now find myself here, looking for another virtual home, still trying to fill the void left by the loss of the greatest super-powered mmorpg ever. I'm guessing the devs here have everything under control as far as power sets go so I doubt any of my work will be wanted.

Anyway, I hope to get to know everyone here in time and I look forward to seeing and playing along-side you in-game someday.
Last edited by Blaze Rocker on Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stop the spread of fake news. Don't share anything produced by CNN.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:00 pm

Greetings Blaze! Glad to see you at least looking at the mizzen mast of the Heroship Justice!

Post a couple of your finished powersets here and let the dev team take a look. They may be very impressed by your attention to detail; I know I am...

Blaze Rocker

I finally did it.

Postby Blaze Rocker » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:33 am

JestersGhost

Re: I finally did it.

Postby JestersGhost » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:54 am

There is no post 8498 in that thread - the last post is 8497 from Golden Girl....did they delete the post you were linking to?
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

Blaze Rocker

Re: I finally did it.

Postby Blaze Rocker » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:09 pm

There is no post 8498 in that thread - the last post is 8497 from Golden Girl....did they delete the post you were linking to?
AH HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

I figured as much. Just before bed I finally called Golden Girl out on all of her bulls*** about how there is no game because all the work she claims to have is three years behind, maybe four, and how she should be ashamed to have lead people on all this time. People were desperate to play anything after CoH shut down and she fooled everyone into believing she would produce something to its equivalent. She has done nothing but stall that project. She had to because it wasn't real, it never was.

I wonder how long it took her to see what I wrote and delete the post before she then deleted my H&V profile*. I posted the above link on the H&V Facebook page and she had to delete that too and then block me from posting there. She had to. She can't let people know the truth about all her lies. FIVE YEARS OF LIES.

Just go to http://www.heroes-and-villains.com/phpb/index.php and make a post about how she has lied to everyone and that there is no game. You'll soon see your post and profile magically DISAPPEAR! ... LMAO

*I was mistaken. She still hasn't deleted my profile. She only revoked my forum access.
Last edited by Blaze Rocker on Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Itlandm

Postby Itlandm » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:04 pm

Blaze Rocker, since you are now clearly in a conflict with H&V (otherwise they would not have blocked you), it would probably be a bad idea to start working with another project for a while. To the outsiders it would then look like there was a conflict between competing companies. There is no guessing what angle media would put on this, or how H&V would present it if they find one of their staff has begun working for a competitor and simultaneously makes accusation against them.

I believe it is common to have a cooldown or quarantine in such situations, to avoid rumors of unfair play. I don't work here but I would hate to see headlines of the type "Ship of Heroes steals staff from Heroes & Villains". It does not need to be true for some to believe it, unfortunately.

Blaze Rocker

Postby Blaze Rocker » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:50 pm

Blaze Rocker, since you are now clearly in a conflict with H&V (otherwise they would not have blocked you), it would probably be a bad idea to start working with another project for a while. To the outsiders it would then look like there was a conflict between competing companies. There is no guessing what angle media would put on this, or how H&V would present it if they find one of their staff has begun working for a competitor and simultaneously makes accusation against them.

I believe it is common to have a cooldown or quarantine in such situations, to avoid rumors of unfair play. I don't work here but I would hate to see headlines of the type "Ship of Heroes steals staff from Heroes & Villains". It does not need to be true for some to believe it, unfortunately.
Oh, well there's a bit of beauty in all of this. You see I was never on the actual development team. Yes, I was making power sets for them but it was always in the hope that Golden Girl would approve and accept them into the game once they were ready for them.

It all started with a few personal power set suggestions in the first couple of years I was with H&V. Set names, damage types, delivery methods, primary and secondary effects... just all the basic stuff. I later built a few power sets for several community members that wanted equivalents to what they used in CoH. After I got a little praise for my work from those community members I just started building more and more sets. Since GG refused to release an official list of sets that H&V would have (and she still hasn't) I figured she actually didn't have any made. I took up the position of "unofficial power set concept developer" because there was no one actually doing it as far as I knew and the work had to be done. (Yeah yeah. Go ahead and call me lame for giving myself a phony title for doing something I was both good at and proud of.)
With no one officially building the sets that H&V would feature I expected that I would eventually provide the bulk of all the sets the dev team would want once they were ready for them. So, for three years I've slowly been building power sets for the project; custom copies of classic CoH sets, some sets at the request of community members, some reworks of sets posted by community members and some originals of my own making.

Time went on. Months turned into years and still no official sets were made public. I figured that the number of sets I had proposed publicly, as well as all the sets I was keeping private, would put me in a position to be accepted to the development team. I figured my odds of this were excellent considering that there was no one person on the team actually doing the job of making power sets. So...
- In the last sixteen months I have asked to join the official dev team twice and was denied. The excuse I was given was that it would take additional work to bring me on, which seemed very odd considering all I wanted to do was help build power sets for the game and it shouldn't have taken much effort or work at all.
- I later asked for specific information on their power set system so that I could improve my work and provide them with better sets, which would have made it less stressful for the devs as there would be less work they would have to complete once I gave them my sets. I was denied again with the excuse that they hadn't finalized everything and they didn't want to divulge any information about it until they were ready.
- I recently asked for all the damage types they expected for the game to have, again so I could improve the quality of my work that I would eventually present to them in full. When GG publicly stated that damage types had not been finalized, after FIVE years of development I knew she was full of crap.
... Now before you say that I'm just butthurt about not getting a position based on my work please allow me to offer up a little more of what I've done outside of that.
- Sometime in the last 14-16 months I offered Golden Girl a promotional opportunity, all to be paid for by me. I offered to pay an internet celebrity, or multiple celebrities, to interview GG about the progress Heroes and Villains was making. I was really eyeing James Rolfe or his crew at Cinemassacre for such an interview as both they and Golden Girl lived in the NE United States. (Well, I heard she lived in the New York area but I haven't confirmed that personally.) Since the H&V forum was quickly becoming a ghost town I felt it was a great way to renew interest in the project and possibly bring in new people. As you can guess, she turned down my offer.
- Back in late August I bought a Stan Lee Gold VIP pass to the Wizard World Comic Con in Nashville TN in September. Still believing Plan Z Studios to be a legitimate studio, I wanted to make up shirts with the Plan Z logo and wear one to the con and have my picture taken with Stan Lee. http://www.heroes-and-villains.com/phpb ... =755#p8390 I offered the opportunity to Golden Girl for what was sure to be excellent free promotion. It would have cost me hundreds to get the custom shirts in time for the convention and I would have gladly given her, programmer Thazager and a few friends the extra shirts for free. Since GG supposedly held the copyright to Plan Z Studios I felt I legally had to get her permission for the shirts and whatever passive promotion I would do on my trip. As you can see, she denied my request for her permission despite my devotion to the project. She may deny it publicly but there are at least two people that will confirm I started planning to have the t-shirts made before she shut me down. I'll let them come forward at their leisure.

I just couldn't understand why any legitimate game studio would turn down such valuable promotional opportunities. Monday of last week I was finally convinced of the truth.

When I joined up with Heroes and Villains back in 2013 I showed the site to a friend who is a lot more knowledgeable about online gaming than me. He said "It's vaporware, It'll never launch". I still gave the project the benefit of the doubt for over four years. After GG's admission that the damage types still hadn't been finalized yet I consulted that friend again and told him even more about what had gone on in the last few years and about the free t-shirt offer I made to GG. He told me that: 1. Deciding upon and finalizing the damage types for such a game is so important that it must be done in the first year, and in no more than two years, of the start of development. 2. Any legitimate studio would have jumped on that offer for free promotion with the t-shirts and picture with Stan Lee. 3. "It's vaporware. I told you back in 2013 it was vaporware. She has no intentions of launching that game."

Without saying a word, I left the project Tuesday of last week. Two days ago Facebook user, and H&V follower, Todd Merica posted that he had lost faith that the game would ever be released. I replied to his post with all the information I had that supported his feelings. Yesterday H&V community member adman123 posted this http://www.heroes-and-villains.com/phpb ... =811#p8496 in which they expressed their desire to see more than what little work GG has been showing us for years. When Golden Girl responded with the same type of broken-record response I've come to know so well from her- "We're not ready to release that information just yet" or "We've built the game in such a way that that can't be done at this time"- I finally had enough of her BS and called her out.
Since you've read my last post you know what happened next. My post was deleted and my forum access to H&V was revoked. GG also deleted my posts on the Facebook page and denied me from posting there as well. - Honestly, I expected nothing less than that kind of response from someone trying to hide the fact that their entire game studio is nothing but a farce. And yes, I'm just dying to say "The farce is strong with this one," when it comes to Golden Girl. 8-)
April 6, 2018 Golden Girl continues her mission of "deletion and denial" against anyone that questions her and accuses her of not working toward actually producing the game in order to launch. 'Another User's Access Revoked' https://www.shipofheroes.com/forums/vie ... 506#p12757

Listen. This studio has done more work with Ship of Heroes in just two years than Golden Girl has displayed in FIVE years. Since I was never a part of the official development team there are no legal, ethical or trust issues. That doesn't really matter though because I just don't care anymore. I'm not asking to be a part of the Heroic Games Corp. dev team. I'm sure they have this project well-in-hand without anything from me. I'm just glad to be a part of a community for a legitimate development project building a spiritual City of Heroes successor.
Once I've explored the forum enough to know what's going on and what power sets the dev team has in-store for SoH I may offer one of my unposted sets to see if anyone is interested in any of my work. In my time building sets that I hoped would be wanted for Heroes and Villains I managed to complete the early work for 60 out of a 94+ set list, and I'm still (slowly) working on sets today as all the work I did ended up becoming a new hobby for me. If I end up posting any sets here and nobody is interested in any of my work then it doesn't really matter. I just don't care anymore. It's my hobby and it keeps me busy.

Golden Girl has jerked me around long enough that I'm just happy to be a community member of a legitimate project. I don't want to step on any toes here, I just want to play a real game once it's finished.
Last edited by Blaze Rocker on Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:33 pm

I'll vouch for Blaze. He and I were fans posting a lot of stuff on the H&V forums for about a year, and then I realized they were not going anywhere very quickly. I found out about this game on the MMORPG.com site, and at first I was skeptical. Was this a team aiming to attract a lot of former CoH and SWG players, scam them for a big kickstarter and hit the road, or was this for real? The amount of progress they had made back then, December 2016, seemed too good to be true.

But I put my cynical eye in check, and watched. And, they convinced me. These guys are for real, and I think they will be the first team to actually release a CoH successor to retail. I've interviewed Casey and Matt a couple of times, wrote a couple of articles that were printed on MMORPG.com, and got to meet Casey and his family (they fed me Chinese food and the best diet root beer in the universe!). They all convinced me that this is a game with a bright future.

I'm glad to see Blaze come onto the forums, he has a lot of good insight into the industry. And, he and I bonded immediately because we are both numbers guys. "Is it 38.2%, or 38.3%?" "Did tanks have 13.1 mag mez resistance, or 9.7 mag?" Yep, I LOVE MATH! So does Blaze...

Itlandm

Postby Itlandm » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:45 am

I think at some point a consolidation among the successors was bound to happen, and it is pretty much an accepted fact that SoH has the fastest development speed and H&V the slowest. (Valiance Online has a different "problem": They expand the scope while they code.) So it is not really strange if people sneak off to join the team that makes visible progress. The problem is how it might get angled. But if Blaze is just an independent contributor in both places, hopefully there won't be any trouble. I guess there will be a lot of powerset math discussions on the forums now, then. :)

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:45 am

Welcome Blaze Rocker : to the Forum community glad to have you here ... I do feel you pain and ache knowing that you hurting in side seeing how much you Loved COH and it was murdered right in front of your face ... and now another dream-death has now been deposited in your heart ...

I feel you need time to morn and lament over this lost love... I'm hoping that we as the forum community will help you heal ...and having a relationship with Dr. Glad ( aka GladDog ) will help ... take your time and rest ...

Blaze Rocker

Postby Blaze Rocker » Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:30 am

Thanks guys.

I've been concerned about H&V's progress for over a year and I knew something was wrong. It was just my lack of experience with the development phase of a game that kept me from seeing the truth. I'm not really feeling sad that it wasn't real and I had to move on, I'm more pissed off that I gave Golden Girl two direct opportunities to tell me that I should move on and find another project if I was unhappy with H&V and she continued to beat around the bush rather than come right out and say I should leave. I wanted to walk away clean but she wouldn't let go of the farce and now I'm holding a grudge.
I felt the likely outcome a year ago so moving on from Heroes and Villains is rather easy. Getting over how she lied to so many people, how she failed everyone that supported her, that's the hard part. She feels no shame over what she did and carries on with the deception that she's still making a real game. I wonder if maybe Golden Girl has some mental condition or psychological problem and she really can't understand what she's done. I can forgive ignorance and mental deficiencies. Those are understandable. If she knows what she is doing and consciously doesn't care, that's unforgivable. You don't toy with people like that.

She owes me and a lot of other people a very sincere apology and I'm sure it'll never happen. Denial, evasion and lying just come entirely too natural to her. It's a good thing I don't know what she looks like. If I ever met her face to face I'd probably do something that would land me in jail, or get me a hefty fine and thousands of hours of community service at the very least.

Return to “Introductions”