Who Were You in City of Heroes?

patrickeobanion

Re: Who Were You in City of Heroes?

Postby patrickeobanion » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:34 am

I just spent the last two hours looking through this forum and I don't recognize any of you people. but maybe i'll be remembered lol
Nurse Phrad, Charles Dexter Ward, and HK91 were my mains on Pinnacle server. i cant remember the names and servers of my other 1000+ toons.
i am looking for some peeps though; any one know of Cpt Freedom, Brown Nugget, Chy Cow SKy (also known as "handle Bahr")? also from pinn server.

If any of you folks played WoW I am Phrod from Horde Invasion on Anub-Arak
Last edited by patrickeobanion on Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:40 am

Welcome patrick,

Glad you started posting. I was never on the pinnacle server myself, but we have a bunch here that were. Hope you find some old friends and make new ones.

Welcome to the ship.

GA
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

patrickeobanion

Postby patrickeobanion » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:58 am

"New Friends"? did not my old ones cause enough drama? do you have any idea how many times i yelled "Watch Freedom Die" when that id10t would pull agro? i miss that key bind

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:07 am

Lol. Ah good time. :D
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Maya Shakti

Postby Maya Shakti » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:57 pm

Aloha!

On Champion server, I was a member of the Watchguard and Earthguard SGs.

Deadboy was my main and "handle" though I played several alts.

The demo looks promising
Heya Deadboy! Maya Shakti here. Glad to see someone I recognize from Champion.

Maya Shakti

Postby Maya Shakti » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:39 pm

My main was Maya Shakti, illusion/empath controller on Champion. Was in Watchguard and Pillar of Might SGs.
Also had a slew of alts, but the most fun were
Upsy-Daisy, tween-aged Gravity/Rad controller
Cactus Blossom, Spines/Regen scrapper
Nox Victrix, Darkity-Dark Defender
Valma, Kin/Elec Defender

Gads I miss COH! Hubby and I still reminisce about fun times in that game. And I miss the community most of all.

Sincereagape

Postby Sincereagape » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:22 pm

Hello!

I played on Virtue, the "Unofficial Roleplaying Server"

My main was Sincereagape (Achery/Energy Blaster) aka Huntsman Agape (Thugs/TA MM).

http://virtueverse.net/wiki/SincereAgape

Towards the tail end of my playing days on CoH/CoV (Go CoV)! My two mains were...

1. Randy Rudabaugh (Rad/Rad Corrupter)
2. Chris P. Lettuce (Fire/Energy Blaster)

All level 50s

My main claim to fame was running a lot of Master Dilemma Diabolique Trials (DDT), upon its inception. Looking forward to trying this new game! Devastator all the way!

Blaze Rocker

Postby Blaze Rocker » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:09 pm

A big welcome to all newcomers. :)
How many people telling the same lie does it take for that lie to become true?

Von

Postby Von » Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:40 pm

It has been such a long time since I played. My favorite character was Fragwulf, a Blaster (rifle). I used Teleport and Hover to get around and my favorite abilities were Smoke Grenade and Sniper Rifle. If this is anything like I remember CoH being, I'll be playing for quite a while. :D
You can run, but you'll just die tired.

Odee

Postby Odee » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:12 pm

It has been such a long time since I played. My favorite character was Fragwulf, a Blaster (rifle). I used Teleport and Hover to get around and my favorite abilities were Smoke Grenade and Sniper Rifle. If this is anything like I remember CoH being, I'll be playing for quite a while. :D
And if it is better than you remember CoH being... what then? 💯👍
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Sefra

Postby Sefra » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:03 am

I was Neutrio a Rad/Empath Defender in the "- Heroes Inc. -" SG on the Champion server.

Near/At the end you would likely have seen me either leading or helping with Rikti Mothership runs and TPN Campus & Dilemma Diabolique trials.
Omega Neutrinos! Defend us!

longtallbrad

Postby longtallbrad » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:59 pm

Oh, wow, I created several dozen characters. I have no idea which servers I frequented the most since it was years ago and my memory is a sieve at best. But I did keep lists of the characters, a number of whom I honestly miss. MetroGirl, a controller who won a lucrative costume competition for looking like "a butch Velma" (see: Scooby Doo cast). The scrapper Ravvivando, who briefly fought as a member of some supergroup of female East Asian martial artists (probably all created by white dudes...). Ti'amat, based on the cosmic goddess of water and chaos from ancient Sumerian mythology. Sunday Best, an earnest tanker who used to be a Protestant minister. Mary Minus, a blaster who could freeze everything around her. Ah, wow, it was a glorious good time.

Itlandm

Postby Itlandm » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:54 pm

The scrapper Ravvivando, who briefly fought as a member of some supergroup of female East Asian martial artists (probably all created by white dudes...).
I don't remember that supergroup in particular, but I know there were quite a few Real-Life women playing City of Heroes. I am not sure if that was because of the nice and respectful tone of the community or perhaps they contributed to it, but compared to World of Warcraft that came out soon after, it seemed to me that CoH had a higher proportion of women and they were more open about it, I haven't seen many here so far (although it happens), but hopefully they will find the Ship even more of a harassment-free zone than Paragon City was.

HeroGamer

Postby HeroGamer » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:22 pm

My global handle was Kendall Crisis, and later on changed to just "Kendall". I played on both Freedom and Virtue, but mostly Virtue.
I had around 43 toons. About 17 of those were max'ed out. I played most archetypes, but could not play any kind of melee role (too much "in your face" action, lol). So i would play blasters, defenders, peace bringers, but most of all I played controllers. I would say 80% of my toons were controllers of one type or another. I LOVED to team. The bigger the team the better.

But there were many times I seemed to be the only one on at the time so I would get really really creative and find a nice, polite tank or scrapper to duo with and it was almost always a blast. He or she would round them up into one spot and then I would totally "control" the situation from outside of arms length. The tanks I would team with also seemed to love it. I like to think it was my bubbly personality while chatting them up, but i guess there is a chance it could have been my buffs/healing instead. ;) I made a lot of friends that way.

But the best friends I had were the other girl toons in all girl super groups. I had several of those, but the one that stands out the most was "Justice Girls" on Virtue. I'll also never forget the countless times we had all girl mission teams. We called them "girl's night out". Finally, I just want to say how happy I joined this forum and really love reading the post of other heroes.

:)

Postby Avatar PDM » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:28 am

Just for notice - I am currently working on a list, which shall give an overview of where anyone here so far was - so it will eventually be easier to find old comrades or friends or just people from the same server to share some memories with eventually :)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Return to “Introductions”