Who Were You in City of Heroes?

Blaze Rocker

Re: Who Were You in City of Heroes?

Postby Blaze Rocker » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:21 pm

Saint
I played protector and shared an account with my brother.

We were the following toons:
Plus
Captain Myotis
Cepheid
Ethereal hate
Ark Maiden
A arachnos spider turned all gunner - I cant even remember the name or archtype but it was awesome had perma pets.
Overdown another perma dom
and countless others
Captain Myotis and Cepheid. Those are a couple of names I haven't heard/seen in a while.

Welcome aboard. Glad to have you with us.
The year is 2020, and the world ... has changed.

Amaylia

Postby Amaylia » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:13 am

I played on Pinnacle almost exclusively as a Force Fields/Psychic defender named Amaylia.

I had a few of alts too, but didn't play them much.. I'm sorta the opposite of an altoholic - a mainoholic? I played a lot when the game first came out and for several years, but then took a couple years break when some life events shifted my attention a bit.. I was so sad to see City of Heroes go down and I was there up to the servers final moments, but I am greatly looking forward to Ship of Heroes!

I'm hoping that the tragic moment that was the end of City of Heroes will be remembered as a stepping stone that lead us towards what Ship of Heroes will become - I have faith that this is going to be a great and inspiring game!

SaddestOne

Postby SaddestOne » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:05 pm

Hi,

I was LectroniX an electric blaster who could also heal a little and teleport both allies and ennemies.., i played CoH for almost 6 years.. and, as i was telling it at that time, when CoH became free to play.. it was the beginning of the end.., i really miss CoH, was there at the very last second before the game diconnect everybody for the last time.. I really hope that SoH will be as cool as CoH was.. like for the powers slot when choosing how much range.. Accuracy.. more damages, speed of recharge, etc.. it was a damn good system for personnalize every powers just the way you like to play.. i hope that several game systems like Architect Expérience and the Ouroboros features will exist too.. for the little i've seen so far of SoH, it's full of promises.. i really hope that SoH will have at less, the success that CoH was having and that all your good work on it will be greatly rewarded...
Thanks for giving us that opportunity...!

SaddestOne

Warboss

Postby Warboss » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:39 pm

Hi all,

I was Warboss in game and NuclearMedicine on the boards. My "home" server was Justice, ran raids and such. But I ran on all servers through the Tanker Tuesday Tour.

Hope all goes well and we get the chance to start TT here. ;)

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:02 pm

Welcome Amylia and ty for you post ...
I played on Pinnacle almost exclusively as a Force Fields/Psychic defender named Amaylia.
I had a few of alts too, but didn't play them much.. I'm sorta the opposite of an altoholic - a mainoholic? I played a lot when the game first came out and for several years, but then took a couple years break when some life events shifted my attention a bit.. I was so sad to see City of Heroes go down and I was there up to the servers final moments, but I am greatly looking forward to Ship of Heroes!
I'm hoping that the tragic moment that was the end of City of Heroes will be remembered as a stepping stone that lead us towards what Ship of Heroes will become - I have faith that this is going to be a great and inspiring game!
I too am a two or three toon player never had a lot of toons that is played with so thank you for putting a name on what my affliction is "Mainoholic "
Glad you found us Amylia ... and so ... you played on Pinnacle ... well we played on Liberty ... good news SOH will be on a mega-server so we all can play to gether...

Greetings to you SaddestOne...
Hi, I was LectroniX an electric blaster who could also heal a little and teleport both allies and enemies.., i played CoH for almost 6 years.. and, as i was telling it at that time, when CoH became free to play.. it was the beginning of the end.., Thanks for giving us that opportunity...
Glad you found us and hope to see you on the ship ... good news there will be no " FTP " but there will be " Free to try " that we as subscribers
can give to friends hope that will ease the pain of the FTP-cancer that is invading MMO's these days

Hello to you also Warboss ... your post sounds like you liked to play ... im glad...
Hi all, I was Warboss in game and NuclearMedicine on the boards. My "home" server was Justice, ran raids and such. But I ran on all servers through the Tanker Tuesday Tour....
I'm looking forward what you create in rearguards to the ... the Tanker Tuesday Tour...
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Amaylia

Postby Amaylia » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:11 pm

I too am a two or three toon player never had a lot of toons that is played with so thank you for putting a name on what my affliction is "Mainoholic "
Glad you found us Amylia ... and so ... you played on Pinnacle ... well we played on Liberty ... good news SOH will be on a mega-server so we all can play to gether...
Thank you for the warm welcome Blue! I'll look forward to playing along side you maybe in the future! That's great that we'll all be on the same server now, it got pretty lonely on Pinnacle at times.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:22 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome Blue! I'll look forward to playing along side you maybe in the future! That's great that we'll all be on the same server now, it got pretty lonely on Pinnacle at times.

Haha. someone can read backward. lol. Welcome to our exclusive club Amaylia! Glad you found the Ship!
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Amaylia

Postby Amaylia » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:51 pm

Haha. someone can read backward. lol. Welcome to our exclusive club Amaylia! Glad you found the Ship!
I can read backwards, forwards, sideways, upside down, and right-side up, and with my eyes shut—that's my super power!

Ras Thavas

Postby Ras Thavas » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:26 pm

The first character I made on CoH was named Ras Thavas, and was an ice/ele blaster, and throughout my years of play was one of my most favorite characters to play (well, prior to suppression and enhancement nerfs).

I had a lot of storm defenders but the two I liked the most were Cloud Rains a Storm/Dark and Baro Metric a Storm/Energy.

I just found out about this game last week. Hopeful they can capture the early feel of CoH.

FIREFX

Postby FIREFX » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:09 pm

I was "FIRE FX" on all servers, primarily spent time on LIBERTY server.

Level 50 FIRE/FIRE/FLAME Blaster (made Johnny Storm look like a wimp ;) ), all the way up to the server disconnect.

Played around with all the ATs, and had a few villains on the dark side,

Miss the game and my teammates (TEAM PYRO SG), and am soooo glad to find this game and see that it is looking so great.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:57 pm

Always glad to see another liberty player Join us, we were the best server after all. :D

Glad you found the ship.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Blue Yankee

Postby Blue Yankee » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:50 pm

Is it me, or are there very few freedom server posts? My wife and I played on freedom so that we could always get into a task force. It had a good sized population.

Sentinel King

Postby Sentinel King » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:00 pm

Is it me, or are there very few freedom server posts? My wife and I played on freedom so that we could always get into a task force. It had a good sized population.
That's the biggest reason I jumped from Liberty to Freedom after a few years. Liberty had a GREAT core group of very memorable folks but there just weren't enough bodies running around to make it feel like a living city.

Once I got to Freedom, PuGs were soooooo much easier to find.

Autnaut

Postby Autnaut » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:24 am

Liberty

Illusion Storm controller, Achtung.
Spines Regen scrapper, Swarm
+ Tons of alts

Kai

Postby Kai » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:50 pm

Sore wa himitsu desu... ;7

I was an inhabitant of Virtue. Anyone who might remember me would likely either remember my alter ego self on The Cape, or Roxy Acetylene. There were many, many others, I think I was up to the full 36 by the end, like Wyld Fyre, Terra Aureus, Darkwave, Black Symphony, Miss Miho, Veredelte, but not sure anyone would remember them much. Also hung out in the art forum happily introducing people to new artists and commissioning ones others shared great stuff from.

So yeah, back to lurking for me, keeping a hopeful eye on this :)

Return to “Introductions”