Time spent ingame poll

lunawisp

Time spent ingame poll

Postby lunawisp » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:50 am

I voted for more than two hours. Once I log in I like to stick around and do as much as possible in the time I have available. I won't log in just to play for half an hour - that seems pointless to me.

Based on CoH, if there were SG members online I could easily spend 4-5 hours grouped with them.
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

Taivas

Re: Time spent ingame poll

Postby Taivas » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:02 am

Another vote for 2+ hours. Once I'm in-game, I'm sticking around until I'm too tired to continue.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:39 am

Imma little different - my wife has some serious health issues, so it is rare that I have more than an hour at a time to play. When I do, I raid and TF! I voted 1-2 hours.

She is doing a little better right now, so maybe I can get her to join in the fun; and if so, that play time interval may just expand a bit...
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:47 am

And we will ge tthe error in this poll corrected. The second option is supposed to be:

"More than 20 minutes, but less than about an hour"

Happy Thoughts

Postby Happy Thoughts » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:34 am

I wanted to choose the "1-2 hours" option, but I know myself too well and went with the more honest answer of 2+ hours.

That said, there are often times where I can only jump on for 20-30 minutes. It would be nice to be able to hop on and get something non-street-sweepy accomplished in that time. The inability to log on for hours at a time should not be a deterrent to logging on at all.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:36 am

Voted for 2+ hours as well based on past experience with CoH. I'd spend hours doing missions, exploring, tweaking my SG Base, working on badges...

speaking badges we need a 10k kill badge for each group or npc type. - That will NEVER be nerfed down to 1k... I earned Zookeeper the hard way, and was a bit miffed about it being nerfed to a mere 1k.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Taivas

Postby Taivas » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:05 am

speaking badges we need a 10k kill badge for each group or npc type. - That will NEVER be nerfed down to 1k... I earned Zookeeper the hard way, and was a bit miffed about it being nerfed to a mere 1k.
I second this big time. I love these badges, they add so much replayability to the game and give you such a sense of accomplishment when you've collected lots of them and can show off to other players, lol.

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:40 am

Ideally 2+ hours for me too. Not sure I should but certainly how long I will if I can get away with it :)
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

lunawisp

Postby lunawisp » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:58 pm

Same thing with the Kheldians. You had to have reached lvl 50 with another archetype before you could create a Kheldian then they reduced it to something like 20 when they started their free-to-play model. All of a sudden the place was full of inept squids.
lunawisp was my Peacebringer in City of Heroes - she lives on in memory as my gaming id.
https://www.heroesin.space/ - A Blog About Super Heroes and Spaceships

Chocko Canyon

Postby Chocko Canyon » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:52 pm

2+ hours seems sensible, if the game is even nearly as good as the original.

The-Pendragon

Postby The-Pendragon » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:15 am

I am one who prefers to spend hours in a game..so my trend would be the same here. Hell I once was logged into COH for over 30 hours. ( Was my solution to not let a Migraine take center stage.)

I love what I am seeing here and expect I could do the same here.
@The-Pendragon

Senior Knight Captain -Paragonian Knights -Virtue
Lord High Inquisitor -Rogue Knights -Virtue
Captain -Original Sin -Virtue
Captain -Concrete Gurus -Guardian
Kommandur -DIE WACHT AM RHEIN -Guardian

Return to “Polling Discussion”