Preferred game question

Country Strong

Re: Preferred game question

Postby Country Strong » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:37 pm

Nothing more than a few times since COH closed down.

Gamegod

Postby Gamegod » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:03 pm

I have played everything on the list but surprisingly with exception of Wow. I did trial a long time ago but Wow just doesn't do it for me. I chose SWTOR because I am a die hard star wars fan. On a different note I do have to say I really enjoy action targeting I am heavily into neverwinter and I like being able to just continually throw attack after attack at the baddies. that being said I want to get back to the times when i just loved being in the game not just for the gameplay but because I loved the game and tab targeting will definently make SOH feel like the game I truely loved COH.
Never say too much; always say enough. :roll:

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:19 pm

Only played one that was SWTOR ... did a lot of soloing the server i was on i feel the population seemed more trying to lvl and rush through all the instances . got invited to team once or twice was accused of not playing good enough... and when I tried to make a team got peeps that would team ... examine my armor and drop ( really discouraging because I didn't buy the highest lvl stuff )
The story's were very intriguing and the play was fun when the wife would play with me ...
as far of the other picks we ll never played then and the list does not have EQ2 ...
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:38 am

Played WoW, Eve and SW (not legends, but eh, whatevs :P )

Of those, I picked SW - I love the power choice system and level-less design. Very inventive and I applaud them for being brave enough to do it.

I do appreciate what Eve is doing from a game design point of view, I understand why it is what it is, but it's not the kind of game I enjoy.

Never clicked with WoW. Tried it during the beta and just didn't like anything about it really.
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

A1fighter

Postby A1fighter » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:44 pm

It still stands though, BDO is currently a top mmo,and is grossing nicely.

That what I am saying. I am not big on WarFrame, but that does not affect is success. I am not too big on WoW, but that does not stop its' success. i think MOBA's are meh, but that does not stop its' success. of course a few people here will prefer tab targeting, because this is a CoX successor. They were not enough to keep CoX up and running.

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:45 am

oooh yeah for probably over a year ill be spending at least 2 hours a DAY ... being heroic and friendly ...
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Zagadka

Postby Zagadka » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:30 am

I much prefer having open options. SWToR and WoW changed from the tree system for an over-simplified mess that reduced options and class variety almost entirely. Rift maintained it pretty well, with mix and matching classes. I thought it works well. Better than the truncated single-path of current games.

I chose SWToR in this poll because the story and immersion are great, lots of area to go through, variability, even with gimped skill choices. Plus i really love Star Wars. The story made you feel heroic, though, progressing through each planet, always something new to overcome.

Chocko Canyon

Postby Chocko Canyon » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:59 pm

Please excuse my apparent cluelessness, but where is the question referred to in the title of this thread? All I see are replies, and not the question itself.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:07 pm

Please excuse my apparent cluelessness, but where is the question referred to in the title of this thread? All I see are replies, and not the question itself.
No worries

it was the previous poll. you can still see the results on the home page. I've copied them here.

Results from Yesterday’s Poll

Which of the following games is your favorite?

Star Wars the Old Republic
42.65% - ( 29 votes )

Final Fantasy XIV
7.35% - ( 5 votes )

World of Warcraft
29.41% - ( 20 votes )

Eve Online
2.94% - ( 2 votes )

The Secret World Legends
8.82% - ( 6 votes )

Black Desert Online
8.82% - ( 6 votes )
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

A1fighter

Postby A1fighter » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:07 am

Black Desert, without question. The game is amazing and the dev team continues to pump out an astounding level of support.

The only I can't stand about that game is the auction house. I find trying to buy things from other players to be a completely enraging experience, and it's what keeps me from playing BDO full time.
Other than the annoying black ghost, the game is solid. I like that they have little character bios for your guy/gal. Of course my character bio states that they are super heroes :D, and vanquishing the black ghost, whom is annoying, as i already mentioned..

In every game, my avatars always end up being super heroes for some reason :?:

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:39 pm

On the front page of the main site: https://www.shipofheroes.com/

They rotate each day, but you can see the previous questions by clicking "All the Polls".
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

The-Pendragon

Postby The-Pendragon » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:11 am

After COH...I played several games...and beyond COH...my fav has to be LOTRO. (I am a huge Tolkein fan) I am watching this project with great interest as I love seeing the pieces come together
@The-Pendragon

Senior Knight Captain -Paragonian Knights -Virtue
Lord High Inquisitor -Rogue Knights -Virtue
Captain -Original Sin -Virtue
Captain -Concrete Gurus -Guardian
Kommandur -DIE WACHT AM RHEIN -Guardian

Return to “Polling Discussion”