Auction House question

GladDog

Auction House question

Postby GladDog » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:15 am

I voted 6 months, which I would expect to be the 2nd major patch. The first major patch/ expansion is to get the game where they wanted to release it at in the first place; 2nd ship level, level cap 30, small expansion to crafting, more powersets, giant monsters and expanded guild features.

The second patch is where we get to see the additional stuff that the team wants, like an additional AT, guild housing, Raid encounters, and a larger expansion to crafting. Better crafting is going to beg for an auction house, so I expect the auction house at this point in development.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Solari

Re: Auction House question

Postby Solari » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:48 am

Absolutely not a priority for me. I'd rather have pets and mission content.

Pyrion

Postby Pyrion » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:38 am

I am not sure if an auction house is really needed. It can even be detrimental because it discourages people from interacting with each other, at least if it is fully automated (like the WOW thing).

For me it is definately not a priority. Your poll did not have the option "not needed at all", so i clicked 18 months.

Country Strong

Postby Country Strong » Tue Aug 01, 2017 12:21 pm

As a casual player I depended alot on the Auction house in COH, and I hope that we have one in place in 3 to 6 months after launch.

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:38 pm

We only really needed an acution house come IO's in CoH - I can't see it being very necessary until those exist.
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

Angel Phoenix77

Postby Angel Phoenix77 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:18 pm

Absolutely not a priority for me. I'd rather have pets and mission content.
This is where I am at. It is a nice to have, however, I would rather have more content, then an auction house that is rushed and not working right. This can also go for mission content as well.
A year after launch is more the acceptable of a wait.

ScottJackson

Postby ScottJackson » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:51 pm

We only really needed an acution house come IO's in CoH - I can't see it being very necessary until those exist.
Agreed. I couldn't put a time on it, so didn't vote in the poll. I would like to see something like IOs soon after we are allowed to reach the true intended level cap.

Truvidien

Postby Truvidien » Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:13 pm

Playing CoH as a kid I stayed away from the auction houses as I was afraid it was going to charge my mom's credit card lol

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:39 am

I am pretty sure the game will release with some IO type augments, but we won't be able to craft them for a while. Also, I would not expect a wide variety of IO sets until we are able to craft them.

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:30 am

I have a question for all of you --there's not wrong answer -- but how long do you think it takes us to specify, design, code, test, install and de-bug an auction system?

I ask this question after seeing the poll results which suggest we need the auction house about 6 months after launch. There were a lot of smart comments and suggestions on this subject.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:49 pm

It depends on the state of the crafting system.

When we can start making IO type enhancements, at that time or shortly after would be the best time to have an auction house go live. If that is 3. 6, or even 12 months down the road after release, then thats when I would like an AH system. If the system is not ready, it ain't ready.

CoH did not have an auction house until Issue 9, which was coincidentally, when IOs entered the game. That was about 3 years after release, right?

PowerAce

Postby PowerAce » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:04 pm

I voted 18 months because it was the maximum time frame listed. Personally, I work with teams that that develop software to support our business. My expectation for a barter system is more like 4+ years. The reason is that there are a lot of things that I feel are the foundations of the game and need to come before an auction system is really necessary.

Honestly, I fully expect and understand that the game may not to reach the original vision until 2-3 years after launch. And even that guess may be a very aggressive expectation? Regardless, everything I've seen and learned leaves me confident that Consultant and team will grow the game over time and put all their effort into bringing us the best game possible.
It doesn't matter where we come from, what we've done or suffered, or even if we make a difference. We live as though the world were as it should be, to show it what it can be.

Sergio

Postby Sergio » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:37 pm

Agreed

Nephthys

Postby Nephthys » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:19 pm

I prefer games without auction houses at all. I really miss having to wander around and interact with people to find what you want, rather than a universal one shop stop. Regional economies were lots of fun, back in the day.

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:09 pm

For me it is definately not a priority. Your poll did not have the option "not needed at all", so i clicked 18 months.
Oh my MY .... Pyrion my ears are not beliving the words coming out of your form ..... " not needed " ooooh my gosh....
Yes the place to sell your crafted Items ARE needed for the game and play ... interaction with other players and yes for those who want to solo a lot

before COH closed i made enhancements just to give away to newbees ... just to build community...and it was just fun to just give away and watch there chat box light up with joy .... don't miss out on that part of the game Pyrion ... its just fun...
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Return to “Polling Discussion”