connected missions, or single missions?

indigowulf

connected missions, or single missions?

Postby indigowulf » Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:00 pm

Do you prefer to do single missions that are self-contained story units, or several missions with a connected plot? This includes mission arcs and task forces, etc.

Strongly prefer single missions
Slightly prefer single missions
Strongly prefer connected missions
Slightly prefer connected missions
No preference – surprise me
Something else, I’ll tell you in the forums.

I selected slightly prefer connected, only because sometimes you have half an hour to kill and just wanna bust out a mission real fast without being stuck in an arc, but most of the time I love a good story.
~indigowulf global, SG Feral Storm (future founder!)

Golden Ace

Re: connected missions, or single missions?

Postby Golden Ace » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:35 pm

I voted strongly prefer connected Missions. Don't have anything against a one shot mission here and there, the more the merrier. but for storylines. you get so much more with connected missions. maybe that odd thing you had to do in mission 1 finally makes sense in mission 5.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

happydolphin

Postby happydolphin » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:07 am

Slightly prefer Connected Missions with good storylines. I only say slightly because I like the way WoW Classic did it. Where you don't have a main storyline but there's a lot of good fractured storylines going on.

Gerald_Deemer

Postby Gerald_Deemer » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:01 am

I think it doesn`t matter for the players. Of course the devs have to create these missions but
if the game itself doesn`t force players to do missions together, everyone will do solo questing.
If chain missions are thematized I would suggest to let players join even in the middle of a quest. So you can play together with your freinds.
A game’s graphics are meant to appeal. A game’s mechanics are meant to make you feel amazing or challenged. A game’s sound effects are supposed to add life. But a good game’s UI is meant to disappear!

Tomblady

Postby Tomblady » Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:55 am

If you do connected mission arcs please never mix those that can be started an done single/small group with those that require many players.
It's ok to make a big raid or task force to require a kind of badge that i earned through a single/ small group mission arc. But please not the other way round.

If you do mission arcs and connected missions please make it possible to help players in missions that you dont yet have or that you already have finished.

indigowulf

Postby indigowulf » Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:08 pm

If you do connected mission arcs please never mix those that can be started an done single/small group with those that require many players.
I second this.
~indigowulf global, SG Feral Storm (future founder!)

happydolphin

Postby happydolphin » Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:54 pm

I think it doesn`t matter for the players. Of course the devs have to create these missions but
if the game itself doesn`t force players to do missions together, everyone will do solo questing.
If chain missions are thematized I would suggest to let players join even in the middle of a quest. So you can play together with your freinds.
Having missions that require teams is important so people would actually team. But it shouldn't just be enemies with a lot of health, they should be designed in a way where the roles are actually important. Give them powers that make it so you have to have healers and tanks. Just giving them a lot of health is a bit boring. Team missions that you can't just brute force through basically.

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:38 pm

Excellent commentary, as always.

We are busy creating the missions we will launch with, and we always try to listen to see what the community actually wants.

Right now we only have one task force in development, but many missions. Most are linked missions with continuing stories. Some missions are set to be harder content and can be done in teams or solo.

We plan to put out a newsletter soon on mission, and if nothing goes wrong, we will actually have 2 or 3 newsletters on related mission elements.

At this point, I bet you can guess what we're doing for Halloween. :)

Gerald_Deemer

Postby Gerald_Deemer » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:53 am

It`s a difference when players solo a hard mission as newbie or as a full developed hero. I would be satisfied when I recognize the difference by returning to a mission as a highly geared hero. So I know all the grinding and crafting had it`s value.
A game’s graphics are meant to appeal. A game’s mechanics are meant to make you feel amazing or challenged. A game’s sound effects are supposed to add life. But a good game’s UI is meant to disappear!

Odee

Postby Odee » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:40 pm

Strongly on BOTH Mission Types!

To Clarify; Connected Missions would be from Contacts, and part and parcel of their Story Arcs, leading to Epic End Battles.
Non Connected Missions, fill that larger niche, of Radio Contacts, Mission Boards on Walls and Kiosks, or Alerts coming to the player as randomly generated, and Level Appropriate I hope ... Single missions.
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:07 am

I see that we have people on the forums...please login and vote in the polls that are up on the homepage now...even go back a few questions, and answer them.

Your answers matter.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:12 am

Crap. He saw me.

/Hide
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Return to “Polling Discussion”