Pay for levels & buy/sell game tokens

JestersGhost

Re: Pay for levels & buy/sell game tokens

Postby JestersGhost » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:32 am

That's not a bad idea - the way the respec tokens were given out by the end of CoH's life I had a tonne just sitting around, so this would have been a good way to use them up quicker. I had a few character concepts that I moved around - Ebon Angel started life as DM/SR before becoming /Reg, and my ice/nrg tank Channeller started life as an ice/nrg blaster. Having this kind of flexibility would be awesome.
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

Pyrion

Postby Pyrion » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:51 am

I don't think that you should be able to respec to different power sets. That would kill the alt experience. Everything else is fine.

You could promote making alts and at the same time get rid of max level characters by introducing a system that will get a decent (but not too high) xp boost to a newbie char (like 20%) for "retiring" a max level char.

JestersGhost

Postby JestersGhost » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:06 am

I suppose there's a chance that people would simply level on, say, a brawler, and then "respec" over to a controller or whatever at end game...but there'd still be alts. It's not an unlimited thing, so you would need several characters around at any one time depending on what you wanted to play. And sometimes a character just doesn't work out. Having the ability to "cash-in" a failed build to speed up another alt would be really really nice.
[ quantum sufficit / casual-tempest.net / My Combat Mechanics Thread ]

Styrj

Postby Styrj » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:32 am

@GladDog

I'm with you on this point:

"Respec tokens could be choosable rewards for TFs, rare random drops and they could be veteran rewards, maybe 1 per month after you get to 6 months. They would HAVE to be Bind on Pickup, so they do not become a gold farmer's delight."

However, I hope the devs allow TFs to be solo'ed (since I don't care for team play).
:D If it ain't broke, don't fix it! :D

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:41 am

A simple way to get around some of these complaints is a timer.

1 Token respecs (full respec) is not on a timer.
2 or 3 token respecs (change primary or secondary powersets) are no more than once a week.
5 token respecs (change both are no more than once a month.
7 Token respecs (respec everything) are once per major patch, so every 3-4 months.

As far as leveling an 'easy' character and respeccing them into a 'hard' character, well, not much could be done about that, although the limits on doing another 7 token respec mean that if they don't like the new character, they are stuck with them until the next major patch.

Also, keep in mind that respeccing a melee type into a controller means all of the custom melee augments you have are only worth the pittance you get from them at the vendors, assuming they are Bind On Equip.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Country Strong

Postby Country Strong » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:46 am

I'd definitely like to see something along the line of the respec token.

jedite1000

Postby jedite1000 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:36 am

I never like micro transactions in games, even if its only cosmetic, if i miss out on a cool looking costume piece because its locked behind a paywall then ill be very upset

Only thing i wouldn't mind though is buying a monthly subscription through in game gold

Return to “Polling Discussion”