What stage does the game need to be in for you to play at launch (not beta testing)?

GladDog

What stage does the game need to be in for you to play at launch (not beta testing)?

Postby GladDog » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:22 pm

It's enough to just run around and look at stuff
I want at least some powers and actions to work, basic fighting, street sweeping only
I don't care if the stories and missions are done, just let me do some fighting with full powerset choices!
I want a complete core game, with missions, story arcs, all powersets, etc
I want an advanced game, complete with extras like crafting, base building and auction house.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

GladDog

Re: What stage does the game need to be in for you to play at launch (not beta testing)?

Postby GladDog » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:24 pm

I chose 4, but I really think 3.5 is good. We need some mission structure so people that did not play CoH can see the potential the game has, but we don't need 500 missions ready. Just enough to whet the appetite is cool for me! We will have random missions and street sweeping to fill in the rest.

Golden Ace

Re: What stage does the game need to be in for you to play at launch (not beta testing)?

Postby Golden Ace » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:47 pm

I chose 4, but I really think 3.5 is good. We need some mission structure so people that did not play CoH can see the potential the game has, but we don't need 500 missions ready. Just enough to whet the appetite is cool for me! We will have random missions and street sweeping to fill in the rest.
After a lot of hemming and hawing between three and four I went with three although I agree with you that 3.5 would be great.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

olepi

Postby olepi » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:50 pm

I would go with 3+ also. There should be some missions, but maybe not all of them.
2019: 42 years on the Net.

brando81373

Postby brando81373 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:49 pm

I would love 4, but 3 works. So 3.5 would be great!

drbuzzard

Postby drbuzzard » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:22 pm

I concur with 3.5. Just so there's something to do beyond street sweeping, but we don't need all missions ready. Just some is fine.

Blaze Rocker

Postby Blaze Rocker » Wed May 01, 2019 7:10 am

I need:
Most, but not all, Power Sets . . . because we still need some that can become available years down the road.
Basic Fighting and Street Sweeping
and Many, but not all, Stories and Missions

It's okay if you're aiming to launch with a little less than CoH had at its launch but you need to remember that CoH had a lot of power sets available at launch and enough missions to get players to level 40 which was the cap at that time.
How many people telling the same lie does it take for that lie to become true?

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Wed May 01, 2019 8:03 am

Was 40 the cap at launch? I had remembered 30, but it has been quite a while.

So far on this poll, we're at about 10% on number 2, 30% on number 3, and 60% on number 4.

I think this is a really good question right now, especially since the COH private servers are active.

drbuzzard

Postby drbuzzard » Wed May 01, 2019 8:55 am

COH started with level 40 as the cap. I believe 50 became the cap in I2.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Wed May 01, 2019 9:12 am

This. I had not reached the cap yet (was still below 40) when they raised it to 50 and brought in the hollows... or maybe that was I-3.. :/
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Odee

Postby Odee » Wed May 01, 2019 9:31 am

I chose #2, but with a caveat. I want a BETA with at least some powers and actions to work, basic fighting, street sweeping, so I can give experienced feedback to make the game better for launch.

Other than that, and in keeping with the OP, I'd prefer a full powerset selection, (not the endgame and ultimate update/issue powersets), but what you have working now. As far as Missions go, the can be Pickups on the street, or just street sweeping even, like the Sewer runs in COH were. Costuming, doesn't have to be lavish, since what you have now, already leads to millions of different looks, and new costume parts can bad added later.

Them's me thoughts in an nutshell
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Gerald_Deemer

Postby Gerald_Deemer » Wed May 01, 2019 11:10 am

I agree. Lots of things can be done after launch.
- additional costume pieces
- more missions
- additional power sets
- additional places on the Justice

A core game with some mission and some of the ATs or power sets would be nice for launch.
This game will be a long term project. Finish the core and bring the add ons little by little.
A game’s graphics are meant to appeal. A game’s mechanics are meant to make you feel amazing or challenged. A game’s sound effects are supposed to add life. But a good game’s UI is meant to disappear!

SR20Slider

Postby SR20Slider » Wed May 01, 2019 2:13 pm

I chose I want at least some powers and actions to work, basic fighting, street sweeping only.

I just want to get in and start blowing things up. I am so eager to play this new game. And I'd rather them work on releasing it, so people start paying the subscription fees. Which in turn will lead to much more funding and faster progression of the game. Atleast that's my opinion. I am content with a small amount of content in the beginning. If it means that the big content will be here sooner.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Wed May 01, 2019 2:20 pm

The first major patch after release (I believe it was called i2) raised the cap to 50 and opened up the Peregrine Island area. I was at level 37 - argh, I could not get to 40 before they raised the cap! My first main was a Blaster during City of Blasters, and it became SO DANG HARD to solo after 32...

My first character, an Energy/ Energy Blaster, took 643 hours to level up to 50. My 2nd, a Fire/ Energy Melee Tank took 401. The game became SO MUCH EASIER to play as a tank! In issue three they changed the leveling curve and it typically took about 250 hours if you were not power leveling to get to the cap.

drbuzzard

Postby drbuzzard » Wed May 01, 2019 7:38 pm

I can remember back in I2 people would recruit low level people (under 40, but able to get to the ferry in Talos) to join their team so they could get more mobs in their missions. We'd get paid influence, and would sit around and chat.

Was the Shadow Shard in I2 also? I can't recall. Probably not I suppose and it as really large with multiple TFs (that few people ever did).

Like you, I had a hell of a time trying to advance in levels past the 20s on my blaster. I did the fire tank express also back in the day to get my first 50. A fire/fire tanker, back when burn and healing flames were both large parts of your status protection, and you needed acrobatics powerset to have knockback protection.

Return to “Polling Discussion”