Polls People Want

Consultant

Polls People Want

Postby Consultant » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:38 am

Once again, we have quite a few new people on these forums.

Does that mean there is a pent-up demand for some new poll questions? If so, please propose them.

But please keep in mind we are less thrilled with questions which are a variation on "shouldn't the devs do a lot of new, difficult stuff before they launch the game?"

Unless of course it is balanced by other stuff we can skip doing. :)

Let the proposed poll questions fly!

olepi

Re: Polls People Want

Postby olepi » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:13 am

How about:

What stage does the game need to be in for you to play at launch?

1) it's enough to just run around and look at stuff
2) I want at least some powers and actions to work, basic fighting, street sweeping
3) I don't care if the stories and missions are done, just let me do some fighting with full powerset choices!
4) I want a fully done game, with missions, story arcs, all powersets, etc
5) I want a fully done game, complete with crafting and all extra features

I would pick #2. If i could just create a simple toon and do some street sweeping, I'd be happy at launch. I don't need TF's, story arcs, all the powersets, etc. Just enough to run around and kill some stuff. Maybe a few simple missions.
2020: 43 years on the Net.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:36 pm

My vote is 3.5 - because not everyone interested in this game is a former CoH player, there needs to be SOME mission related stuff to hook people. I don't think the game needs to be totally complete, but there has to be enough to show people new to the genre what the potential is.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:04 pm

I’m actually more concerned now than I was a few weeks ago. Before there was nothing else for anyone to compare SoH to except a memory. Now with the private servers out there Filled with 25 issues and years and millions of dollars of development of COH. I am worried they are going to want the whole ball of wax at launch. :(
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

Odee

Postby Odee » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:10 pm

I’m actually more concerned now than I was a few weeks ago. Before there was nothing else for anyone to compare SoH to except a memory. Now with the private servers out there Filled with 25 issues and years and millions of dollars of development of COH. I am worried they are going to want the whole ball of wax at launch. :(
More eloquently stated than I could. But my money is still going to SOH, and maybe COH
Rah-rah Ree! Kick 'em in the Knee!
Rah-rah Rose! Punch 'em in the Nose!
Rah-rah Ralls! Kick 'em in the other Knee!

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:11 pm

OK, I'm going to queue up a version of this question. Thanks!

And given the large number of new people interested in SoH, and also donating, it seems clear to me that we have much more, not less, interest and support.

olepi

Postby olepi » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:11 am

I support CAD tools for chip design. I've seen this many times: you buy the latest CAD tool and productivity goes *down*. Management hates to hear that, but it takes time for the new technology to surpass the high water mark of the older technology.

CoH is a fully featured game with years of development. But it is old. A newer game might start out below the CoH high water mark, but at some point it will surpass that mark and move ahead of the older game.
2020: 43 years on the Net.

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:26 am

Thank you olepi. This whole rouge server things has me on edge. I wasn’t worried about competition from the other games. But it’s hard to compete with The game we all loved and was shut down before it’s time suddenly being resurrected. I think we will be fine but I guess I worry a lot

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:07 pm

They don't have 25 issues, btw, they only have 23 issues and a buggy version of i25, which was totally written by Leandro. Coders are working on i24 right now, but quite honestly I hope they realize their work may go right into the toilet if NCsoft decides to defend their IP.

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:57 pm

And the new poll question is up!

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:06 am

What next poll question would you like to have?

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:06 am

Should the costume creator have colors other than gold?

Obviously I'm leaning towards no - I mean what’s the point? - but I realize some people, albeit a small minority, might say yes and want a costume that’s inferior by mixing gold with a not gold color. Inconceivable as that maybe.

Consultant

Postby Consultant » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:51 pm

OK, what new poll questions would people like to have?

Propose your best, folks.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:41 pm

How many primary powersets per class would you like to see at release? (Please be reasonable - 12 each ain't gonna happen)

Blaze Rocker

Postby Blaze Rocker » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:28 am

How many primary powersets per class would you like to see at release? (Please be reasonable - 12 each ain't gonna happen)

4 is the absolute minimum but even then that won't be enough. It has to be no less than 5.
When you defund the police, the terrorists win.

Return to “Polling Discussion”